Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Send Topic Print
RefBan.com Officially Launched! (Read 122842 times)
dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Re: RefBan.com Officially Launched!
Reply #15 - 2nd May, 2013 at 4:58am

It still says "Stats will be updated shortly." I think the emphasis should be will or how they'll count the impressions then see where we go from there.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #16 - 2nd May, 2013 at 7:08pm

Ok, the stats has been updated. Now, I'm wondering about the "Current daily rate for displaying banners: $0.05", where does that show in the stats?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #17 - 2nd May, 2013 at 7:15pm

dansbanners wrote on 2nd May, 2013 at 7:08pm:
Ok, the stats has been updated. Now, I'm wondering about the "Current daily rate for displaying banners: $0.05", where does that show in the stats?

Good news! They actually did it faster than I was expecting.. Smiley
Here are my stats :

Current daily rate for displaying banners $0.10
Current rate per active referral (ten levels) $0.02
Remaining before cashout $39.58  /  2 sales
Total $10.42

I assume the active ref in our downline is moneymarketing right?
So far I've collected $0.42 could be 3 days x $0.10 and 1 day of $0.12.
This could mean that moneymarketing or another one of dan's refs
purchased advertising yesterday or started showing ads on his site yesterday.

That's cool but I'm not sure how sustainable it will be..
Well time will tell. Smiley

Edited:
The advertise page is still not ready though..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #18 - 2nd May, 2013 at 8:52pm

SolidSnake wrote on 2nd May, 2013 at 7:15pm:
Good news! They actually did it faster than I was expecting.. Smiley
Here are my stats :

Current daily rate for displaying banners $0.10
Current rate per active referral (ten levels) $0.02
Remaining before cashout $39.58  /  2 sales
Total $10.42

I assume the active ref in our downline is moneymarketing right?
So far I've collected $0.42 could be 3 days x $0.10 and 1 day of $0.12.
This could mean that moneymarketing or another one of dan's refs
purchased advertising yesterday or started showing ads on his site yesterday.

That's cool but I'm not sure how sustainable it will be..
Well time will tell. Smiley

Edited:
The advertise page is still not ready though..

No, it's not me. It is someone under me because I've earned $2.25 from someone's sale and I have 1 active member of 18

The potential is awesome though

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #19 - 2nd May, 2013 at 9:16pm

Sounds good. However, I'm still wondering where within the stats are they counting the impressions?

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #20 - 3rd May, 2013 at 10:09am

Wow... I have $35.68 in my cash balance already..

But without buying advertising myself, I'm not sure I would actually get it. :|

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #21 - 3rd May, 2013 at 7:14pm

Looks like you're only able to add the banner codes to your own website and not to a 3rd party's site right?

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #22 - 4th May, 2013 at 9:36am

Yes.

But I have 3 active referrals in 3 levels (1 in each level, total 3). I think I got commissions. Still not able to figure out how it works.  Undecided

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #23 - 4th May, 2013 at 11:11am

venkat wrote on 4th May, 2013 at 9:36am:
Yes.

But I have 3 active referrals in 3 levels (1 in each level, total 3). I think I got commissions. Still not able to figure out how it works.  Undecided

I think it's all clear now for me..
Check my review for basic information.

Here are my stats to give you an example :

1. Current daily rate for displaying banners - $0.10 (Publishers get $0.05 / day, Advertisers get $0.10 / day)

This is what we get daily just by displaying banners on our website (regardless of traffic or clicks)

2. Current rate per active referral (ten levels) - $0.02 (Publishers get $0.01 , Advertisers get $0.02)

This is what we receive for every referral that is considered active. (Note that it doesn't say "daily" here.. Wink )
That is a one time commission per referral, and it goes down to 10 levels.

3. Remaining before cashout - $39.48  /  2 sales

This is what we have to do in order to be liable for a cashout. Collect this amount AND
do 2 sales through our 1st Tier referrals. I think it also means 2 separate referrals.

4. Total - $10.52

This is our main balance.. the amount we're able to cashout. It has to reach $100 for publishers and $50 for advertisers.

By the way, I was waiting to be sure about #2 and now I'm fully assured that the system is 100% stable and it's only
based on income to pay its members. It requires us to make sales but at least we can be assured that we'll be paid.

Thumbs up for Rogue! Smiley
I hope I cleared your thoughts venkat.

(Btw, I'm away from home and I can barely connect to the internet here.. it takes like 5 minutes to load a simple page..
Sorry for my absence everyone!  Sad )
« Last Edit: 4th May, 2013 at 5:25pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #24 - 4th May, 2013 at 6:46pm

A good clarification is also this note in their T.o.S. page :

Quote:
Any money earned with Referral Banners (including, but not limited to, your sign-up bonus) can only be withdrawn after you fulfill the cashout criteria for your account type. These are as follows: Members must earn $100.00 USD and refer individual advertising purchases from 5 separate advertisers. Advertisers must earn $50.00 USD and refer individual advertising purchases from 2 separate advertisers.

This means that in order to cashout as a publisher you need to refer at least 5 advertisers (members that purchase any advertising package) to the site and as an advertiser you need 2.

So let's do some calculations to check the economical stability of the site :

Let's say that a member buys the lower advertising package which is $15. This way he becomes advertiser for a year.
Then immediately he refers two members that also do the same (pays $15 each) but fail to refer any advertiser.
So the site gets $30 from their sales and pay the member 30% of each sale which means : $30 * 0.3 = $9.
These sales also grant the member with bonus 2 x $0.02 = $0.04.
Now the first member will be displaying banners for a year and as an advertiser he'll get $0.10 per day for displaying banners: 365 days x $0.10 = $36.5

To sum things up after a year the member will have accumulated : $36.5 + $0.04 + $9 = $45.54
Which still doesn't meet the cashout requirement for this member so it requires at least 3 sales to reach the cashout within 1 year.

I'll make a new post to include a couple of cases with a multi-level downline..

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #25 - 4th May, 2013 at 7:12pm

Take a look at this picture since I'll do my research based on this :

Considering that the Member 1 has only his 1st tier of downline and one of his 2 referrals
has made a second purchase (3 sales in total from 2 refs) earning him : $45 * 0.3 = $13.5

Member 1 will have earned : $36.5 + $0.04 + $13.5 = $50.04
The site will have earned : $15 x 4 = $60 of which after paying the member it makes $60 - $50.04 = $9.96 pure profit.

Let's now add the 2nd Tier :

Member 1 will have earned : $36.5 + (6 x $0.02) + ($45 x 0.3) = $36.5 + $0.12 + $13.5 = $50.12
Member 2 will have earned : $36.5 + (2 x $0.02) + ($45 x 0.3) = $36.5 + $0.04 + $13.5 = $50.04
Member 3 will have earned : $36.5 + (2 x $0.02) + ($45 x 0.3) = $36.5 + $0.04 + $13.5 = $50.04

The site will have earned : $15 x 10 = $150 but will have to pay $150.18 so it is beginning to lose stability after 2 tiers.

Let's add the 3rd Tier to see how worse it can get :

Member 1 will have earned : $36.5 + (12x $0.02) + ($45 x 0.3) = $36.5 + $0.12 + $13.5 = $50.24
Member 2 will have earned : $36.5 + (6 x $0.02) + ($45 x 0.3) = $36.5 + $0.12 + $13.5 = $50.12
Member 3 will have earned : $36.5 + (6 x $0.02) + ($45 x 0.3) = $36.5 + $0.12 + $13.5 = $50.12
Member 4 will have earned : $36.5 + (2 x $0.02) + ($45 x 0.3) = $36.5 + $0.04 + $13.5 = $50.04
Member 5 will have earned : $36.5 + (2 x $0.02) + ($45 x 0.3) = $36.5 + $0.04 + $13.5 = $50.04
Member 6 will have earned : $36.5 + (2 x $0.02) + ($45 x 0.3) = $36.5 + $0.04 + $13.5 = $50.04
Member 7 will have earned : $36.5 + (2 x $0.02) + ($45 x 0.3) = $36.5 + $0.04 + $13.5 = $50.04

The site will have collected 22 x $15 = $330 but will have to pay 350.64 so it's not so stable..
Adding more levels will make it even less stable in the long term..

However every failure to advertisers to generate all required sales within a year will lead to more profits
for the site, since members will have to make new purchases to re-gain the advertiser status.

From what I see the instability is caused by the $0.10 daily bonus they offer to advertisers.
Also buying bigger packages does not make things worse because the percentage earned for
the upline is still 30% so no instability is caused by that. It actually benefits the site, since
a less amount of sales will help less members reach the cashout requirement. And also the
advertisers that join the site without an upline will benefit the site too.

I personally feel that it won't be an issue because for more than 90% of internet marketers
it will be very difficult to generate sales through their direct refs. A lot of people will just join
un-referred to purchase advertising and won't promote at all.. So I think in overall Rogue did
a good job here.

The chance of failure seems to be small enough.. Smiley
What do you guys think?

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #26 - 4th May, 2013 at 7:15pm

Quote:
Any money earned with Referral Banners (including, but not limited to, your sign-up bonus) can only be withdrawn after you fulfill the cashout criteria for your account type. These are as follows: Members must earn $100.00 USD and refer individual advertising purchases from 5 separate advertisers. Advertisers must earn $50.00 USD and refer individual advertising purchases from 2 separate advertisers.

In that case, we'd be better off to purchase advertising.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #27 - 4th May, 2013 at 7:16pm

Can you promote a page with the Refban banner in it in a traffic exchange?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #28 - 4th May, 2013 at 7:24pm

dansbanners wrote on 4th May, 2013 at 7:15pm:
In that case, we'd be better off to purchase advertising.

Yep, without it it seems that it will be way too hard to reach the cashout requirements.
As a publisher, not only you need more sales, but also you earn half the amounts from each one.
So it's a 4x speed up to be an advertiser.. Smiley

dansbanners wrote on 4th May, 2013 at 7:16pm:
Can you promote a page with the Refban banner in it in a traffic exchange?

Since there's nothing in their T.o.S. that forbids it at any way, I see no reason why we shouldn't.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #29 - 5th May, 2013 at 4:42pm

But how much information on the page do you need besides the banner. I could easily put up a page with the banner only. I'm pretty sure they would not want that.

This is why I suggested the splash page (or something a bit longer that promotes the Refban opportunity and shows their banner as an example) as a solution. That provides
a page that has some substance and also gives us something to market to others.

We could also make up mini pages of our best income opportunities with the refban page prominently displayed.

That said, this site is clearly looking like it is geared towards advertisers and publishers. Affiliate marketers need not apply in other words. That cuts down our potential referrals and thus our potential income

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Send Topic Print