Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The truth comes out (Read 21281 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: The truth comes out
Reply #15 - 15th Sep, 2014 at 10:33pm

We are offering a free promo this week if anybody is curious and wants to try it out

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #16 - 22nd Sep, 2014 at 7:35pm

moneymarketing wrote on 28th Aug, 2014 at 8:33pm:
LAUNCH DAY!  Smiley

It is surreal seeing that thing in the app store.

Btw, is your app only available for iphone or can we get it on android?
I've looked it up but can't seem to find it.. and unfortunately I'm not much of an Apple fan..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #17 - 22nd Sep, 2014 at 8:38pm

SolidSnake wrote on 22nd Sep, 2014 at 7:35pm:
Btw, is your app only available for iphone or can we get it on android?
I've looked it up but can't seem to find it.. and unfortunately I'm not much of an Apple fan..

Only apple for now. It's not doing very well so it may not make the funds to cross over into other platforms

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #18 - 23rd Sep, 2014 at 12:28am

moneymarketing wrote on 22nd Sep, 2014 at 8:38pm:
Only apple for now. It's not doing very well so it may not make the funds to cross over into other platforms

That's sad, I noticed your ad on Paidverts and would really like to try it.. (..with Spanish) Sad

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #19 - 11th Oct, 2014 at 5:40pm

Back to the drawing board.

I went back to my roots and built a splash page based on what won me the contest at applits. The best part about this is that I will able to run stats on this and see where my clicks are coming from and going to(there is really only one place they can go on the page but at least I'll know better what is working).  Sales will be another thing but I have limited stats for sales and If something works and I ramp it up I'll know. You only need to win once right?  Smiley

You can see how I convinced people to vote for the app. I hope this will work when they vote with their pocketbooks

http://waterforlife.ws/sublangua.html

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #20 - 13th Oct, 2014 at 1:27am

moneymarketing wrote on 11th Oct, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Back to the drawing board.

I went back to my roots and built a splash page based on what won me the contest at applits. The best part about this is that I will able to run stats on this and see where my clicks are coming from and going to(there is really only one place they can go on the page but at least I'll know better what is working).  Sales will be another thing but I have limited stats for sales and If something works and I ramp it up I'll know. You only need to win once right?  Smiley

You can see how I convinced people to vote for the app. I hope this will work when they vote with their pocketbooks

http://waterforlife.ws/sublangua.html

Nice one!
Lol.. I can't even imaging if you tried to use that way to learn Greek or German..
That would become really messy with such weird types of Grammar..

It would still be quite funny to try it though. Smiley

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #21 - 13th Oct, 2014 at 4:13pm

SolidSnake wrote on 13th Oct, 2014 at 1:27am:
Nice one!
Lol.. I can't even imaging if you tried to use that way to learn Greek or German..
That would become really messy with such weird types of Grammar..

It would still be quite funny to try it though. Smiley

At this point it can only really teach vocabulary. If we were to make some money from it then once you learned 500 words or so the app would automatically adjust to translating whole sentences so grammar would take care of itself

I got the original idea from teaching myself to read some greek using an interlinear book. Here is an example of one here:

http://interlinearbooks.com/german/

You only need to read a paragraph or page per day to pick up
the new language. The app is just working to automate this and put it in the text as opposed to under the text

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #22 - 21st Dec, 2014 at 7:12pm

I finally talked them into letting this go free. I had wanted at least a free 'lite' version from the start but they wanted it to be all paid. It flopped as a paid version (it could be the hundreds of other free versions it had to compete with but I could be wrong  Grin) but we seem to be getting a little traction in my initial test runs on the free version.

I can market free. That shouldn't be a problem. If I can build up the user base then we can install advertising on it for relatively low cost and go from there (another format I was interested in at the start).

So my goal for this in the upcoming year is to at least get the user base up to 10K or so (we are just over 500 due to previous free promotions etc.). That should help it to go viral or at least create perpetual motion with word of mouth, app store prominence etc. Then it will be worth it to pay for an advertising platform installation. They already have one in their other free apps so it should not cost too much to upgrade. Plus paidverts should be rolling strong at that time so I can always fund it out of that income if necessary

So Sublangua phase II here we come!  Cool

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #23 - 21st Dec, 2014 at 8:34pm

I honestly believe that an android version would definitely boost things up.. Smiley
Are there any plans for that?  Smiley

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #24 - 21st Dec, 2014 at 8:59pm

SolidSnake wrote on 21st Dec, 2014 at 8:34pm:
I honestly believe that an android version would definitely boost things up.. Smiley
Are there any plans for that?  Smiley

Not without -----> Money

They actually can make a web version where you could surf to a page and it would translate words in the page. So you could learn a language as you surf. I think the build quote they got for android, ipad, webversions etc. was about $10K. There is no way I'm going to shell out that kind of money for something that is not bringing in any revenue 

Their ability to market is limited (alongside their marketing skills) and my market is the PTC industry which is notoriously difficult to get money out of so we need to do this the hard way and the product has to pay for itself. If we could generate 10K in ad sales within the app, I'm all for rolling it into upgrading the app and putting out different versions, but not until.

I didn't survive throwing money at something that wasn't producing revenue (except possibly 90% of my PTC investments  Smiley....but even those at least strung me along  so that I am at this point --->producing cash flow). I'm more than willing to let this die if it must. Trying to pump it up when people aren't paying for the service is an exercise in pride. There are a lot of people in the poor house due to that exercise

Currently, there are about 500 million iphone users and millions of people in the US alone that want to learn Spanish for obvious reasons. If we can't succeed there, we don't deserve to be in any other phone market

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #25 - 22nd Dec, 2014 at 1:28pm

moneymarketing wrote on 21st Dec, 2014 at 8:59pm:
Their ability to market is limited (alongside their marketing skills) and my market is the PTC industry which is notoriously difficult to get money out of so we need to do this the hard way and the product has to pay for itself. If we could generate 10K in ad sales within the app, I'm all for rolling it into upgrading the app and putting out different versions, but not until.
Well, at least repeatable exposure may cause people to get interested in it.. so some may use their PTC earnings for purchases if the prices is low enough. It's nice to see something different, that has no relation to PTCs every once in a while, while clicking.

Quote:
I didn't survive throwing money at something that wasn't producing revenue (except possibly 90% of my PTC investments  Smiley....but even those at least strung me along  so that I am at this point --->producing cash flow). I'm more than willing to let this die if it must. Trying to pump it up when people aren't paying for the service is an exercise in pride. There are a lot of people in the poor house due to that exercise

Currently, there are about 500 million iphone users and millions of people in the US alone that want to learn Spanish for obvious reasons. If we can't succeed there, we don't deserve to be in any other phone market
That's also true too.. Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print