Send Topic Print
Grab that lead (Read 23603 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: Grab that lead
Reply #15 - 9th Nov, 2015 at 8:29am

dansbanners wrote on 9th Nov, 2015 at 3:52am:
Then in that case you should say "12 clicks in 10K impressions". Hits and impressions aren't the same thing.

Technically they are both the same thing. Both are views but I see what you are saying

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #16 - 9th Nov, 2015 at 2:38pm

moneymarketing wrote on 9th Nov, 2015 at 8:29am:
Technically they are both the same thing. Both are views but I see what you are saying

No it isn't. A hit is how many visitors to your site. An impression is how many times your banners were shown. Look around at the redemption and advertising pages. You'll see the difference between purchasing "10K clicks" versus "10K banner impressions".

Trust me. Marketers could get confused if you were to say "10K hits" referring to banner impressions.

Thus in your case it was "10K impressions" and "12 hits" (i.e. 12 clicks).

To put it in perspective, I've been a long time marketer and I still had to ask what you meant by "DM had 12 clicks on 10k hits"

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #17 - 9th Nov, 2015 at 4:42pm

Besides I suggest you wait till you get some real success with the program. Saying you got just a couple of sign ups isn't going to cut it.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #18 - 9th Nov, 2015 at 8:09pm

dansbanners wrote on 9th Nov, 2015 at 2:38pm:
No it isn't. A hit is how many visitors to your site. An impression is how many times your banners were shown. Look around at the redemption and advertising pages. You'll see the difference between purchasing "10K clicks" versus "10K banner impressions".

If I say I bought 10k hits to my banner, then that is how many times the banner is shown. If I get clicks on my banners then that is a hit to the website. Hits have always been views but yes, most people use impressions for banners to differentiate

But this is a pointless discussion

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #19 - 9th Nov, 2015 at 8:18pm

dansbanners wrote on 9th Nov, 2015 at 4:42pm:
Besides I suggest you wait till you get some real success with the program. Saying you got just a couple of sign ups isn't going to cut it.

It was first level results which is better results than 90% of the programs I test out have. Do you think I would have reported it if I thought it was of no value given my ten+ years of experience in this industry? Yes, it was first level testing but that just qualifies it for the next level which has already started. Since then I've added another referral and now have 7 on the second level.

The second level referrals could just be due to me finding a star right off the bat which is an extreme fluke but can happen. Anyway, this seems to be progressing geometrically so that is encouraging

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #20 - 13th Nov, 2015 at 12:19am

Well, this does refer. I've managed to generate 10 referrals and 8 second level by plugging the banner and text ads mainly into my marketing machine. For a good comparison, I have (had) the BoB banner floating around in there too and have had no referrals in a month, so the GTL page does draw people who are looking for autoresponders. I think the 8 second level refs was from one guy because it seems to have stopped. I don't know if I should take it as a bad sign from someone who has the expertise in the field.

I'm probably not going to use the AR, just promote it to those who would use it. I figure it is like promoting domain services. Once someone brings their list and system in, they will stick with the site and should produce long term cash flow once they upgrade.

I think this is one of those sites that will appeal more to the high end marketers as opposed to free clickers so targeting them in places like TEs is probably the better way to go but this won't be a priority. I'll make it a passive promotion that uses residual impressions and views and if people upgrade then I'll reinvest that into more advertising

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #21 - 16th Nov, 2015 at 8:21pm

Sitting on 21 referrals first level 8 second  Smiley

Of the 21, 7 are unverified email addresses.

If this proves one thing, it is that people like AR software, especially if it is free  Cool

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #22 - 27th Nov, 2015 at 1:28am

averaging about 1 referral per day but not really getting anything from that. No upgrades or anything. Fortunately, all the traffic is free or passive for me.

Maybe the growing list will prompt the admin to build on what we have there

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #23 - 28th Nov, 2015 at 4:28pm

moneymarketing wrote on 27th Nov, 2015 at 1:28am:
averaging about 1 referral per day but not really getting anything from that. No upgrades or anything. Fortunately, all the traffic is free or passive for me.

Maybe the growing list will prompt the admin to build on what we have there

Can you send an e-mail to your referrals? Promoting other programs?

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #24 - 28th Nov, 2015 at 7:38pm

dansbanners wrote on 28th Nov, 2015 at 4:28pm:
Can you send an e-mail to your referrals? Promoting other programs?

You are given their email addresses but I think promoting other programs would be spam. You could make it so that you send each a welcome letter which would tell them about yourself, your success and then offering them to join your email list from which you could market to them. If you were still concerned about spam then you would put no links in but ask your people to reply to you if interested

Then you could use the site to manage the list of people who respond

It would be difficult and require a little work but you could do it. This could also be a way to filter out those who are not willing to work from those who are. So it would be a quick way to find leaders and the truly hungry for opportunity

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #25 - 29th Nov, 2015 at 2:50pm

moneymarketing wrote on 28th Nov, 2015 at 7:38pm:
You are given their email addresses but I think promoting other programs would be spam. You could make it so that you send each a welcome letter which would tell them about yourself, your success and then offering them to join your email list from which you could market to them. If you were still concerned about spam then you would put no links in but ask your people to reply to you if interested

Then you could use the site to manage the list of people who respond

It would be difficult and require a little work but you could do it. This could also be a way to filter out those who are not willing to work from those who are. So it would be a quick way to find leaders and the truly hungry for opportunity

Then what's the purpose of the autoresponder to begin with? Huh

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #26 - 29th Nov, 2015 at 5:26pm

dansbanners wrote on 29th Nov, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Then what's the purpose of the autoresponder to begin with? Huh

Like I said, for me, I'll probably not use it but there are many people who do use them. Those people are more serious marketers and so will probably end up upgrading in the long run.

AR is very much like hosting. The people you get are more professional and more likely to stick as a referral who generates income for their upline. We saw this with fiendcat

In the gold mining days there were two types of people. Those who dug for gold and those who sold them picks and shovels. I'm doing this with the intent of selling the tools  Smiley

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #27 - 8th Dec, 2015 at 9:31pm

moneymarketing wrote on 29th Nov, 2015 at 5:26pm:
Like I said, for me, I'll probably not use it but there are many people who do use them. Those people are more serious marketers and so will probably end up upgrading in the long run.

AR is very much like hosting. The people you get are more professional and more likely to stick as a referral who generates income for their upline. We saw this with fiendcat

In the gold mining days there were two types of people. Those who dug for gold and those who sold them picks and shovels. I'm doing this with the intent of selling the tools  Smiley

So, you're saying you'll get a % of your referral's upgrades or purchases?

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #28 - 8th Dec, 2015 at 10:46pm

dansbanners wrote on 8th Dec, 2015 at 9:31pm:
So, you're saying you'll get a % of your referral's upgrades or purchases?

Yes, 10% first level and when you upgrade you get 5% on level 2 and 3

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print