Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What happened to CashClixs.com (Read 19843 times)
ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
What happened to CashClixs.com
24th Mar, 2013 at 12:53pm

What's going on with CashClixs? It says "Domain Suspended"

IP Logged

wurldlink
Recruit Member

I love being here!

Re: What happened to CashClixs.com
Reply #1 - 24th Mar, 2013 at 2:16pm

ruicarlov wrote on 24th Mar, 2013 at 12:53pm:
What's going on with CashClixs? It says "Domain Suspended"

Yep, that's what I'd like to know as well  :question

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #2 - 24th Mar, 2013 at 8:23pm

wurldlink wrote on 24th Mar, 2013 at 2:16pm:
Yep, that's what I'd like to know as well  :question

Just noticed it.
I'll try to contact StillSleeping and let you know.  Sad

Edited:
Emailed him and waiting for his reply.
Please everyone, don't panic, as it might be a small hosting related issue.
« Last Edit: 24th Mar, 2013 at 8:38pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

jacq44
Recruit Member

I love being here!

Reply #3 - 25th Mar, 2013 at 12:36am

I sent him PM this morning and no answer till now.

IP Logged

wurldlink
Recruit Member

I love being here!

Reply #4 - 25th Mar, 2013 at 5:34pm

yesterday, I sent him an email to his Yahoo-account, which he used to pay through Paypal. No reply so far.

Perhaps someone in the US can give him a call: info is available here: http://whois.domaintools.com/cashclixs.com

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #5 - 28th Mar, 2013 at 1:34am

I've just read the T.o.S. of cashclixs' hosting... and the interesting parts are these :

Quote:
17.9. In case of exceeding the current limit or amount of data traffic TransIP shall allow User to upgrade
User package to a larger package. Where User accepts this offer the cost of excessive use shall be
dropped.
17.10. If User, In case of exceeding the current limit or amount of data traffic, accepts the offer to upgrade
his package, then the rate for the new package shall be charged from the month that the excess
occurred.

Article 13 Shutdown of Services

13.1. TransIP is entitled immediately to interrupt and suspend the provision of Services and/or deny User
access to the Colocation Space and/or TransIP Data Centre if:
i) User has not paid the invoice within the period specified in article 12.1 or 12.2 and has not paid
the amount and the interest as specified in article 12.8, within seven (7) days after notification of this
shortcoming.
ii) the power consumption of the User exceeds the limit for electricity usage as specified in the
Agreement and User fails permanently to reduce the electricity usage to the limit as defined in the
Agreement, within three (3) days of being informed by TransIP of this.
iii) If User runs software and/or scripts on his or her webhosting and/or VPS leading to the
compromise of the TransIP network.
iv) User executes a credit card or Paypal chargeback for unjust reasons.
13.2. The interruption and/or suspension of the Services, or denial of access leave TransIP's right to
terminate the Agreement or the adoption of any other remedy that it has at its disposal, unaffected.
13.3. After interruption and/or suspension of the Services or the denial of access under article 13, TransIP
has the right to charge reactivation costs to the amount of EUR 50,-- (fifty Euro), with regard to the
administrative costs of TransIP in the context of interruption and/or suspension or the denial of
access and possible resumption of the provision of the Services.

Of course it's easy to trigger a suspension intentionally but from my point of view, I see no reason why cashclixs was suspended.
Well that "credit card or Paypal chargeback" sounds like a suspension button but CashClixs was still very small.
Beside the excessive traffic rule, that can be dealt with, there's nothing against PTCs, multilevel, even pyramid/ponzi schemes.

Does anyone have any idea if TransIP is reliable enough when it comes to PTCs? Anyone used them before?
« Last Edit: 28th Mar, 2013 at 11:15am by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #6 - 28th Mar, 2013 at 5:47am

May be this could be another possibility.

Quote:
iii) If User runs software and/or scripts on his or her webhosting and/or VPS leading to the compromise of the TransIP network.

I knew one person who uploaded the PTC script on GPTEngine was suspended and the GPTEngine admin resorted for Police action. (That PTC admin just bought script from another vendor and uploaded it. But, it is said to have contain some malicious script that could affect other sites hosted on the server.)

Well. Whatever, the silence is scary.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #7 - 30th Mar, 2013 at 2:48pm

Btw, I've just checked and CashClixs PayPal account is not limited.
However if members start opening disputes this is very likely to happen.. and there will be no turning back at that point.
So there's still time to save the day, I just hope he gives us a simple update no matter how bad the situation is..
We could help.. Sad

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #8 - 31st Mar, 2013 at 7:32am

I think the member count was very less. So, the number of people who made an investment should also be very less. Hence, the possibility of filing disputes is little.

But, definitely this would kill the referral activity, if the site comes back. (We strive for many weeks or months to get them in, but it would be frustrating to see all of them go.) Frankly, I am skeptic about promoting any PTC anymore. But, without referrals, PTC earning is nothing. What should we do?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #9 - 31st Mar, 2013 at 12:33pm

venkat wrote on 31st Mar, 2013 at 7:32am:
I think the member count was very less. So, the number of people who made an investment should also be very less. Hence, the possibility of filing disputes is little.

But, definitely this would kill the referral activity, if the site comes back. (We strive for many weeks or months to get them in, but it would be frustrating to see all of them go.) Frankly, I am skeptic about promoting any PTC anymore. But, without referrals, PTC earning is nothing. What should we do?

It is really sad, to see this industry failing all the time venkat.. I agree with you here.
After so many years, we now know that there are a lot of honest people online wiling to click ads daily,
and also many experienced ones that are wiling to invest and promote a program successfully.

All these programs need is good planning and stability.. but there are always so many important factors
to consider that usually one unexpected issue is enough to make them fail.. But also the willingness of
the admin plays a big part on how these issues will be dealt with..

So, what should we do..

I think I'll open a very interesting discussion based on this question later this evening as I've got to go right now.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #10 - 1st Apr, 2013 at 1:24pm

Discussion continued in this new thread.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #11 - 3rd Apr, 2013 at 2:17pm

Regarding this issue specifically, I'm struggling to make a decision regarding opening disputes.

I know most of the money I spent there is lost, membership included. However, I still deposited about $25 recently in multiple transactions, which are still under the 45-day period.
Opening disputes is a sure way to complicate things further. But as things stand, I don't think the site will get back up either way, plus the absolute lack of any response by the admin does not sit too well with me.
Do you think I should take this chance and do it?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #12 - 3rd Apr, 2013 at 3:16pm

ruicarlov wrote on 3rd Apr, 2013 at 2:17pm:
Regarding this issue specifically, I'm struggling to make a decision regarding opening disputes.

I know most of the money I spent there is lost, membership included. However, I still deposited about $25 recently in multiple transactions, which are still under the 45-day period.
Opening disputes is a sure way to complicate things further. But as things stand, I don't think the site will get back up either way, plus the absolute lack of any response by the admin does not sit too well with me.
Do you think I should take this chance and do it?

Well, I'm really sorry to say this for StillSleeping, but if you did spend that amount on the site recently, I think you should do it.
If he had given us a simple response I would suggest otherwise.. but he's experienced enough so he should expect disputes
when he stays silent after the site's disappearance. If he was to get it back up and running he would have at least make a
small announcement to the people that would support him. So, go ahead, after all it's not you that didn't keep the deal.

I can only dispute a very small amount (less than $5) now and I don't even feel like doing so..

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #13 - 13th Apr, 2013 at 3:28pm

Now, I'm wondering about the member StillSleeping? He used to also hang out in other forums. Hope he's okay?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #14 - 14th Apr, 2013 at 4:53pm

Can't tell for sure.. I've emailed him at both cashclixs email and the one he's registered here without any reply..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print