Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
What is the key to a successful PTC? (Read 64574 times)
dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Re: What is the key to a successful PTC?
Reply #15 - 3rd Apr, 2013 at 12:00am

SolidSnake wrote on 2nd Apr, 2013 at 9:36pm:
It doesn't matter much.. I'm just sharing my ideas..
So far I've been a member and advertiser, and it's not in my present plans to change that...

However I'm trying to be objective and see things out of the "member" - "owner" frames.
A good PTC program has to benefit not only members and the owner, but also the advertisers as well.
Everyone has to be happy in order for such a business relationship to succeed.

So, feel free to express your thoughts on the subject.  Smiley

There also comes a point whereas I'd like something more concrete to eventually come out from the discussions in the forum. Just saying. Hopefully we have some potential with Refban.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #16 - 3rd Apr, 2013 at 1:42am

dansbanners wrote on 3rd Apr, 2013 at 12:00am:
There also comes a point whereas I'd like something more concrete to eventually come out from the discussions in the forum. Just saying. Hopefully we have some potential with Refban.

Something we could also do is help each other is by targeting campaigns to a specific PTC while promoting it at the same time.
Etc. : Linkgrand is an old and sustainable PTC that has proven to be stable over time and it's simply based on some points I
mention in that long post above.. it doesn't offer more than it earns, though it suffers by being expensive and has very few ads.

However if we all purchased ads at the same time so that it would have let's say 5-10 available, while we promote it at the
same time.. new comers would have more ads to click so we'd get more potential referrals. But it is too expensive for the
visitor's quality it offers, so it's probably a bad choice. Well, that's just an example of team work.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #17 - 3rd Apr, 2013 at 2:11pm

So you mean something like PTCbox's 1st day of the month?
Well, the personal clicks were quite big there. It would be hard to find an equivalent place to do it. And yeah, the price/quality of the traffic is important.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #18 - 3rd Apr, 2013 at 3:08pm

ruicarlov wrote on 3rd Apr, 2013 at 2:11pm:
So you mean something like PTCbox's 1st day of the month?
Well, the personal clicks were quite big there. It would be hard to find an equivalent place to do it. And yeah, the price/quality of the traffic is important.

Something like that only the purpose will not be to click more ads.. but to attract more referrals on our campaigns.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #19 - 3rd Apr, 2013 at 3:45pm

That's another thing about a new program, particularly a new PTC. Is that they are also going to have to put up with the challenge of competing with other already well established similar programs that has been around for years.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #20 - 3rd Apr, 2013 at 4:00pm

Old PTCs of course attract advertisers more and have better prices but new PTCs could offer more and improve the quality
of their advertising to compete. However the vantage point of new programs will always be the ability to get many referrals
easily and at much better prices and rates than the old ones. Why spend $10 to get (if you're lucky enough) one referral for
neobux that might also give up soon, when you can get 30 refs for a new PTC at the same price that might even be paying more?

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #21 - 4th Apr, 2013 at 12:29am

SolidSnake wrote on 3rd Apr, 2013 at 4:00pm:
Old PTCs of course attract advertisers more and have better prices but new PTCs could offer more and improve the quality
of their advertising to compete. However the vantage point of new programs will always be the ability to get many referrals
easily and at much better prices and rates than the old ones. Why spend $10 to get (if you're lucky enough) one referral for
neobux that might also give up soon, when you can get 30 refs for a new PTC at the same price that might even be paying more?

Yes, but it's also a question of is the new program unique? Does it offer something different? I think that's one reason why PTCBox shot off like the way it did in the beginning cause it was unique. Unlike some of the other new PTC's which was just like "tons of other similar bux like" programs out there. IMHO.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #22 - 4th Apr, 2013 at 1:34am

dansbanners wrote on 4th Apr, 2013 at 12:29am:
Yes, but it's also a question of is the new program unique? Does it offer something different? I think that's one reason why PTCBox shot off like the way it did in the beginning cause it was unique. Unlike some of the other new PTC's which was just like "tons of other similar bux like" programs out there. IMHO.

Yep, it's good to have some unique features as long as they don't affect the site's stability..
After all of this I think PTC ads should have a standard stable rule never to be broken..
Unique features can vary from non-incentive advertising such as banners, text ads, clixgrid, games, free refs etc...
But they should never mess with the PTC rates.. am I wrong?

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #23 - 4th Apr, 2013 at 8:26am

Another thing new sites should be incorporating is a points or credits system in their ads. This is a way to ramp up activity without having to pay out cash. As an advertiser, I don't care if I'm paying for my ads with points or cash as long as I can have a vibrant market in which to plug my ads.

The nice thing about a credit market too is that it can be non-profit. I think it is very important for a site to have a large element of non profitability. If the members see that they are working entirely for themselves in some areas, then they will be more inclined to work and thus raise the volume of the site.

Dan has talked about many of the sites only paying single levels. I think this is entirely the fault of Paypal and their onerous rules. Sites can get around it but they need a lot of cash flow clout to do it. I think this is why clixsense was able to keep somewhat of a multi level format.

I think though that a points system could get around this rule. By giving points on many levels instead of cash you can go down a few levels which helps us to benefit from our teams and encourages us to build a team

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #24 - 4th Apr, 2013 at 1:48pm

The points system is also a good idea only without the ability to convert it to cash..
If the user is able to convert points to cash that he can eventually cashout it could affect the site's stability.
I would only recommend convert points to non-incentive advertising or clicks that would only earn the member points, not cash.

So what do you guys think it would be some good member-referral earning rates/advertiser cost?
In my opinion I think the following system could work fine ...

Cost of PTC ads for the advertiser :

1. $0.01 per click - $10 per 1000 visitors (2 minutes ad) + some kind of non-incentive advertising
2. $0.005 per click - $5 per 1000 visitors (1 minute ad) + some kind of non-incentive advertising

Earning rate for members :

1. $0.005 per personal click - (2 minutes ad)
2. $0.002 per personal click - (1 minute ad)

Earning rate for members from referrals (1 level only) :

1. $0.004 per referral click - (2 minutes ad)
2. $0.002 per referral click - (1 minute ad)

Earning rate for the site owner from members without upline :

1. $0.005 per click sold - (2 minutes ad)
2. $0.003 per click sold - (1 minute ad)

Earning rate for the site owner from members with upline:

1. $0.001 per click sold - (2 minutes ad)
2. $0.001 per click sold - (1 minute ad)

Notes :
1. Fees - I'm not sure how much the PayPal/Payza fees are when you sell advertising. Could someone enlighten us on this?
2. There could be some kind of rule on clicking ads to earn from your referrals maybe some fixed point ads.
3. I haven't included upgrades here.. this is for an upgrade free site. However an idea would be to keep the referral
earnings locked to free members because not everyone is interested in referring so promoters could upgrade their
membership to unlock it. Also there could be a visible table with the potential earnings "if" a member was upgraded.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #25 - 4th Apr, 2013 at 4:45pm

A member earning $0.002 for seing a 1-minute ad? Considering the current offer in the PTC world, I think it wouldn't be very popular among members.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #26 - 4th Apr, 2013 at 4:57pm

ruicarlov wrote on 4th Apr, 2013 at 4:45pm:
A member earning $0.002 for seing a 1-minute ad? Considering the current offer in the PTC world, I think it wouldn't be very popular among members.

You could be right about that but if a program proves to be stable over time eventually it won't matter much..
Advertisers would appreciate it too.. and that's a good thing.. I wouldn't mind clicking like that for myself if that's
what I have to do in order to earn from my refs.

By the way I came up with one more idea.. Something like an "unhook upline upgrade".
If a member wishes to earn double for his own clicks he could pay a fee like $1 directly to his upline and unhook
himself for let's say 3 months. His upline will be happy to get that instantly instead of waiting for his referral to
click for 3 months to get that amount. Then by "unhooking" for this period he could be able to earn double from
his own clicks by keeping what would go otherwise to his upline. This way the system would not be affected in
matters of stability and the member has the potential to earn more provided there are a couple of ads to click.

The tougher challenge as always would be the advertisers but the quality and the extra gifts included could help.
Maybe some interesting promos too.. Just throwing out ideas.. Smiley

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #27 - 5th Apr, 2013 at 4:19pm

That's an interesting concept, but it has one flaw.
People don't mind joining as other people's referrals since their personal earning rates are not affected by the existence of a sponsor.
If having an upline means lower earnings, then people would try to join without clicking a referral link.
That would be bad for getting referrals in that site.

Unless, of course, that it was required to having had an upline before. Meaning members without upline wouldn't be able to receive double from their hits. But that would also be unfair for members who ended up there by chance.
So maybe it could use a system like in Downlinerefs of Getref, where upgraded members get randomly awarded unreferred members. That way the unhook would be available to everyone and wouldn't hinder getting referrals.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #28 - 5th Apr, 2013 at 7:26pm

ruicarlov wrote on 5th Apr, 2013 at 4:19pm:
That's an interesting concept, but it has one flaw.
People don't mind joining as other people's referrals since their personal earning rates are not affected by the existence of a sponsor.
If having an upline means lower earnings, then people would try to join without clicking a referral link.
That would be bad for getting referrals in that site.

Unless, of course, that it was required to having had an upline before. Meaning members without upline wouldn't be able to receive double from their hits. But that would also be unfair for members who ended up there by chance.
So maybe it could use a system like in Downlinerefs of Getref, where upgraded members get randomly awarded unreferred members. That way the unhook would be available to everyone and wouldn't hinder getting referrals.

Well, if someone joins as un-referred then the admin is their referrer.. so they still have uplilne only this time the $1 fee
would go directly to the site.. improving site stability instead of ruining it like in other sites. Either way it would be
increased personal earnings upgrade for everyone so it should work just like normal upgrades only it won't affect the
site's stability.

This used to cost $5 for a year in PTCBox.. However $5 would be an earnings killer to members if the site has less than
5 ads average daily available so it could cost something like $3/year which is easier to achieve. It all depends on advertisers.
Maybe the 2 minute ads could be available only to upgraded members so that the advertiser gets even more attracted in
purchasing that pack. That could also improve stability because of the fact that members would have to upgrade in order
to get them too and that would also improve referral earnings in matters of speed.
It gets complicated though..  Tongue
« Last Edit: 5th Apr, 2013 at 11:47pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #29 - 5th Apr, 2013 at 9:11pm

SolidSnake wrote on 5th Apr, 2013 at 7:26pm:
It gets complicated though..  Tongue

PTC business in a nutshell....  Cool

As for me, ads available only for Premium members have always been a mixed bag, even from the advertiser's point of view. While targeting it to premium members means traffic with higher quality, the drawback is that it's exposed to a lot less members. I don't know any numbers, but the percentage of premium members in sites is usually small, right?
So it would be a restrict group of people watching my ad again and again. I guess it all depends on the type of ad you're promoting. For getting referrals it's suboptimal, but maybe for a sales-only type of site...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print