moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: My Free Shares
Reply #151 - 30th Jun, 2015 at 9:16pm

Quote:
MyFreeShares Super Referral Contest!
07/01/2015 00:00 - 08/31/2015 23:59 / 5000000 members

MyFreeShares Super Referral Contest! $1150 on Real Cash to WIN! And 1 Share Bonus For each Referral during Contest!.

http://myfreeshares.com/pages/refcontests.php?id=1?refid=

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #152 - 30th Jun, 2015 at 9:22pm

So I have now saved enough @ MFS to pay for next year's one year gold upgrade. The good news is that my current upgrade doesn't expire until 10/19. So anything I make between now and then can be used for advertising purposes.

That's four months of free advertising  Smiley  Cool

And to think, it only took about 12 years to get there  Grin

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #153 - 11th Jul, 2015 at 4:52am

Two bits of info:

1. Google is now labeling this an attack site. Possibly because of viruses associated with advertisers.

2. It looks like daily earnings have increased by about 15% in the last little while. I assume that this is due to the share 'tax' that he imposed and that it is finally cutting down many people's shares

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Re: MyFreeShares.com - Payment Proofs - By MoneyMarketing
Reply #154 - 17th Oct, 2015 at 10:49pm

Looking at a program's been paid page is good if you'd like to get some ideas on whether or not the program is growing, sustainable or trustworthy.

If it shows that the program either hasn't paid in a long time or there's a long delay between the date requested and date paid, it's usually a red flag.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #155 - 18th Oct, 2015 at 4:09am

dansbanners wrote on 17th Oct, 2015 at 10:49pm:
Looking at a program's been paid page is good if you'd like to get some ideas on whether or not the program is growing, sustainable or trustworthy.

If it shows that the program either hasn't paid in a long time or there's a long delay between the date requested and date paid, it's usually a red flag.

Yes, that's true though I usually don't look at it because I find it tends to be a bit of a gimmick. It also wouldn't be difficult for clever webmaster to fake something like that

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #156 - 18th Oct, 2015 at 12:11pm

moneymarketing wrote on 18th Oct, 2015 at 4:09am:
Yes, that's true though I usually don't look at it because I find it tends to be a bit of a gimmick. It also wouldn't be difficult for clever webmaster to fake something like that

Look at it this way, why would a program fake "not paying the members" or even "the long time delay between the payments".

My experience tells me that "been paid" pages are usually reliable. Showing that the more they stop paying the members or even have a longer time delay in between, the more likely they'll eventually go belly up.

There were times I literally did not join a program cause I didn't like what I saw in the been paid page and it usually turned out to be the right decision.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #157 - 18th Oct, 2015 at 11:10pm

dansbanners wrote on 18th Oct, 2015 at 12:11pm:
Look at it this way, why would a program fake "not paying the members" or even "the long time delay between the payments".

My experience tells me that "been paid" pages are usually reliable. Showing that the more they stop paying the members or even have a longer time delay in between, the more likely they'll eventually go belly up.

There were times I literally did not join a program cause I didn't like what I saw in the been paid page and it usually turned out to be the right decision.

Well, if you're running a fly by night then falsifying potential earnings and payments are the way to get a flood of new members. That is how  ponzi's operate. They are all about hyping up their potential on the very short term. For sites that have been around a while, yes, I'll agree that this is much too much work and so you probably won't see this page if they are building the 'long con' or else they will keep the payments legit for a while to build confidence

I'm not saying that all been paid pages falsify like this, I'm just saying that it would not be difficult if you had a specific game plan in mind. Just because a page indicates certain data it doesn't mean they are telling the truth. People lie and when it comes to taking your money from across the world, they lie even more. Many of them know that a guy that is taken for $20 - $1000 is not going to travel across the world to get his money back  because it wouldn't be worth it. So they let it go chalking it up as a lesson learned

The BP page doesn't make a huge difference in my site investment style. If I am going into a site I am going to invest a speculative amount of cash (if I can't start it reasonably for free) and work the advertising angle and build up my cash flow before I'll think of taking income out. So it doesn't enter into my 'red flag' criteria

If the guy wants to steal that cash I'll consider it a charitable contribution from my online earnings. It won't be enough for him to retire on so he will be stuck with his scamming character for the rest of his life and that usually is its own reward

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #158 - 19th Oct, 2015 at 3:03am

I don't think programs would lie about making $0.15 payments?

And if you don't get paid, doesn't necessarily always indicate that it's a scam. Cause there were times that some programs did pay regularly at first. Only to eventually take longer in between payments and then go belly up. Some had been paying for years before they ceased to exist. I've been a member of such programs.

Use Fiendcat Referrals as an example. Do you think it was a scam? I think the owner eventually just lost his drive, feeling it wasn't worth the time, energy and money.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #159 - 19th Oct, 2015 at 11:40pm

dansbanners wrote on 19th Oct, 2015 at 3:03am:
I don't think programs would lie about making $0.15 payments?

And if you don't get paid, doesn't necessarily always indicate that it's a scam. Cause there were times that some programs did pay regularly at first. Only to eventually take longer in between payments and then go belly up. Some had been paying for years before they ceased to exist. I've been a member of such programs.

Use Fiendcat Referrals as an example. Do you think it was a scam? I think the owner eventually just lost his drive, feeling it wasn't worth the time, energy and money.

actually, I do think it turned scammy at the end because I seem to recall he was still taking payments but not paying out and that is the trademark of a scammer. Even if he meant well up to that point the end was dishonorable

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #160 - 20th Oct, 2015 at 12:44pm

(I moved the conversation here as it's kind of a more appropriate place for it)

As for the "Paid list" sometimes you can learn a lot of things about the site.. etc. if the distance between payments is long it would mean that it takes long to get paid (but maybe that the site is actually legit only not strong enough).

If it is full of payments on the other hand you can take a look at the members that are getting paid.
If some of them are active in the forum and post their proofs there as well, but also contribute in discussions you can tell that the site is paying real people..

Some admins in the past have been creating fake accounts that belong to them just to emulate payments that were actually getting back to the same person but they were being added to the list.. but those accounts were never active on the forum which was fishy.

The amounts paid could also play a good part in identifying the good standing of a site.. so yep, we can learn a lot from them.. Smiley

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #161 - 20th Oct, 2015 at 10:05pm

SolidSnake wrote on 20th Oct, 2015 at 12:44pm:
(I moved the conversation here as it's kind of a more appropriate place for it)

As for the "Paid list" sometimes you can learn a lot of things about the site.. etc. if the distance between payments is long it would mean that it takes long to get paid (but maybe that the site is actually legit only not strong enough).

If it is full of payments on the other hand you can take a look at the members that are getting paid.
If some of them are active in the forum and post their proofs there as well, but also contribute in discussions you can tell that the site is paying real people..

Some admins in the past have been creating fake accounts that belong to them just to emulate payments that were actually getting back to the same person but they were being added to the list.. but those accounts were never active on the forum which was fishy.

The amounts paid could also play a good part in identifying the good standing of a site.. so yep, we can learn a lot from them.. Smiley

Yes, this is a great discussion. Now I never knew about owners and the fake accounts. This is what I mean about finding ways to scam people. If they are determined enough, they can do it.

Similar to sites that deliver 'phantom hits' or of course the famous rented referrals  Grin

yes, there are many tricks so we need to always be on our guard, test everything and never jump in with a huge amount of investment

Another good rule of thumb is if you need to invest a lot up front then there might be a problem but the two year rule (existence time) solves most of these. By the time the second year rolls around the community will have sniffed you out and discovered your legitimacy

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #162 - 28th Nov, 2015 at 8:05pm

So the math works out that you need about 9000 shares with the gold upgrade to maintain your cash flow and share base. @ 9k you lose about 13 (.15%) shares per day in the conversion which is 4745 per year (13 * 365). You get 4800 shares for a yearly gold upgrade (plus monthly advertising)

The yearly gold upgrade costs $500 or $41.67 per month. with those 9K shares you will earn about $95.83 per month at current rates. That is about $54 of net earnings or advertising plus the advertising the site provides monthly with your upgrade and doesn't include any random referrals you get

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #163 - 30th Nov, 2015 at 12:06pm

Interesting. I never tought of making those calculations.
Very useful.
Going Gold with that many refs may be a bit of a stretch for me right now, since I'm still sitting at 388 shares. But given how much the earnings per share have increase (I remember earning 11 cents per day with 600 shares), upgrading might be interesting now. Maybe a Silver upgrade. It's half the prices and you get half the shares.
Bronze isn't so interesting, since it's 40% of Silver price, but you only get 30% of the shares. So the ratio of shares per dollar isn't attractive.

With a Silver upgrade you get 2400 shares per year. With 2400 shares, you lose 1314 shares per year. At current earnings you Silver costs 250/12= $20.83 per month and you earn $24.
And that's rounding down, since every month you get more shares than you lose. Not a bad deal, since the account keeps growing at this pace.
« Last Edit: 30th Nov, 2015 at 12:30pm by ruicarlov »  

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #164 - 30th Nov, 2015 at 8:15pm

I saw that my shares were still running down so I wanted to calculate where the minimum would be. I'm at about 11,500 now and still losing about 50 shares of 400 per month so it should take a few years to get down to the 9k level

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Send Topic Print