Send Topic Print
My Free Shares (Read 152711 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: My Free Shares
Reply #30 - 11th Oct, 2013 at 6:25pm

ruicarlov wrote on 11th Oct, 2013 at 12:30pm:
But now we don't earn shares from purchasing advertising? At least I can't see that option.

If that's the case then it's kind of a bummer. By upgrading you get shares and the possibility of getting referrals, with unkown earnings %. That's not really worth it, as far as I care.

You get shares for the referrals but you also get a good amount of shares from your referral activity

Here are the activity commissions through 5 levels

Level #1 = 25%
Level #2 = 10%
Level #3 = 5%
Level #4 = 3%
Level #5 = 1%

That will really add up after a while. They allowed us to earn shares through downline purchases before but they weren't really being credited. Now we get credits for the activity which is more like a tradition PTC except that the shares give us profit sharing.

BTW, as compensation for a pro offer that went through before the changeover, he gave me a silver upgrade. I should be able to tell how many referrals we get from that (I have a couple huge ads sending referrals to the site now, but when those end I'll know better). The number should be good because he posts links to MFS in donkey mail, no minimum and all his other sites

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #31 - 11th Oct, 2013 at 11:26pm

moneymarketing wrote on 11th Oct, 2013 at 6:25pm:
BTW, as compensation for a pro offer that went through before the changeover, he gave me a silver upgrade. I should be able to tell how many referrals we get from that (I have a couple huge ads sending referrals to the site now, but when those end I'll know better). The number should be good because he posts links to MFS in donkey mail, no minimum and all his other sites

Ahh, so that's who's been advertising it at Neobux.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #32 - 12th Oct, 2013 at 2:49pm

ruicarlov wrote on 11th Oct, 2013 at 11:26pm:
Ahh, so that's who's been advertising it at Neobux.

Smiley Cool

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #33 - 12th Oct, 2013 at 3:42pm

Since you've got quite a lot of shares already, this may not matter that much to you. But for someone who's still in an early stage, the new system of gaining shares is less interesting that the last. My goal was to advertise and gain something on the side, eventually getting almost free ads once enough shares had accumulated. As it stands, it works like any other PTC, where you must recruit referrals in order to earn. Not that I have anything against that. It's just that is lost the difference it had to other sites. A place where one could earn by advertising.

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #34 - 16th Oct, 2013 at 2:49am

I must say I am disappointed with the new system, I started to do some maths and many advantages of MFS before are gone.

For the upgrades for example : If you buy 60 shares for 10$, with today's rate, after 700 days, you'll have more or less 20 shares left and a total of approximately 3.50$ earned. I didn't even finish the maths yet to see if when all your shares are gone you will have even earned back your investment Sad

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #35 - 16th Oct, 2013 at 8:08am

sophieca wrote on 16th Oct, 2013 at 2:49am:
I must say I am disappointed with the new system, I started to do some maths and many advantages of MFS before are gone.

For the upgrades for example : If you buy 60 shares for 10$, with today's rate, after 700 days, you'll have more or less 20 shares left and a total of approximately 3.50$ earned. I didn't even finish the maths yet to see if when all your shares are gone you will have even earned back your investment Sad

I think the benefit has shifted more in favor of referring. That is better overall for the site too because it keeps it healthy and growing. Just look at the member numbers. When the reset happened, there were about 6400 members. This is a site that is at least 10 years old. They have added 600 members in 5 days. The benefits for members and cash flow are going to be huge over the long run. Plus you get referrals to 5 levels now, not just one

There comes a point where, if you have enough referrals, you will gain more in daily share earning that you lose in the share 'tax'

David

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #36 - 16th Oct, 2013 at 8:50am

I understand what you say but with a cash out at 10$ and the possibility to earn more or less only 0.30 shares a day .... will referrals be active and refer ?

Just the same, why would anyone doing simple maths buy that 10 $ upgrade knowing they probably will lose money ? They count on potential referrals they might maybe receive ?

I know Sebas won't go away and run with our money but for me the site is now a little bit less exciting than before the move. I read that some new ways to earn shares will come, so I cross fingers Smiley
« Last Edit: 16th Oct, 2013 at 10:36am by sophieca »  

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #37 - 16th Oct, 2013 at 1:00pm

I agree with Sophie. While a site directed towards referring can be an oportunity for some people, for others it's becomes a very risky bet.

With the former model, we bought something of value (advertising) and got shares. Here we buy something far less tangible (membership with the possibility of getting referrals) and got shares.
But since now everyone loses shares daily, it's becomes really disadvantageous for people who aren't very strong promoters.
If they at least kept the shares with ad purchases, it could appeal to the casual and heavy advertisers. While I'm agree that promoters before got the short end of the stick, now it's the other way around.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #38 - 16th Oct, 2013 at 1:46pm

moneymarketing wrote on 16th Oct, 2013 at 8:08am:
I think the benefit has shifted more in favor of referring. That is better overall for the site too because it keeps it healthy and growing. Just look at the member numbers. When the reset happened, there were about 6400 members. This is a site that is at least 10 years old. They have added 600 members in 5 days. The benefits for members and cash flow are going to be huge over the long run. Plus you get referrals to 5 levels now, not just one

There comes a point where, if you have enough referrals, you will gain more in daily share earning that you lose in the share 'tax'

Yes. Concentrate on the growth. Before we weren't even sure if we were benefiting from the referrals. Now we have more concrete information that we do.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #39 - 16th Oct, 2013 at 5:32pm

But the share earning rates are so unappealing for that kind of system. Right now, 1 Share = $0.000138 per day
The current amount of PTC ads allows earning ~0.50 shares per day. Since level 1 referrals give 25%, you can earn a daily maximum of 0.125 shares per referral, considering they click all 48 ads.

Promoting isn't exactly free. I find it very hard to get a return on your investment promoting. When working for such small values, I bet many people will give up with time, thus needing a constant flow of new referrals.

But, okay let's say this does work.
The upgrade option is still ridiculous.... For example, $25 for a 1 month membership, where you get 200 shares per month. That's ~2.5 cents per day of earnings. 75 cents per month. There's no increase whatsoever in the referral earning rates. All you get is the chance to get referrals. I never tried that in Donkeymails, but what's the chance of getting referrals through that link insertion thingie?
You also lose 9 shares per month.
If you keep on buying it, you'll eventually reach 6000 shares, at which point the daily earnings compensate the membership cost (assuming earnings per share remains relatively constant). 6000 shares would be $750. In terms of time, it would take 2.5 years.
Yes it would be less using the yearly membership, but it's just to have an idea (I also didn't count the shares lost daily).
That's a pretty big investment in order to start getting some profits, not to mention ROI. And you shouldn't exactly stop halfway, or the daily share loss will eat away at your total share count.

That's a bit of a hardcore upgrade. Since it brings almost nothing of value to active promoters (same referral comissions), I don't see much of a point. It's quite risky if you ask me.

Edited:
I've been underestimating the effect of the daily -0.15% of shares. Even at the  6000 share count, that's 9 shares you lose per day, or 270 shares per month. That means that even spening $25 every month is not enough to stop your share count from decreasing.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #40 - 16th Oct, 2013 at 6:02pm

I'm estimating that you need about 200 first level referrals to offset the share losses on 1000 shares

Actually, even less. I'm getting on average about .01commissions per referral per day and you would lose 1.5 shares per day under that scenario. 200 referrals would produce 2 shares per day so you would be seeing a bit of a profit
« Last Edit: 16th Oct, 2013 at 6:07pm by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #41 - 16th Oct, 2013 at 6:56pm

And yet 1000 shares currently give you $0.138 per day.
Considering you have to spend a good bit of getting those shares AND getting referrals, it doesn't look that sweet of a deal. Unless of course you've already got all those shares, and you "only" need referrals. Which is the tricky part.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #42 - 16th Oct, 2013 at 7:26pm

ruicarlov wrote on 16th Oct, 2013 at 6:56pm:
And yet 1000 shares currently give you $0.138 per day.
Considering you have to spend a good bit of getting those shares AND getting referrals, it doesn't look that sweet of a deal. Unless of course you've already got all those shares, and you "only" need referrals. Which is the tricky part.

Yes, that is where I am. I have the shares, I need the referrals. My example shows that it is more beneficial to get referrals at this point.

I'm not sure about how many random referrals you would get from the $50 offer. But I think, over the long term, that is going to be the best deal

The thing is, he did this based on his internal statistics, so he seems to know how his free members will act and what they are willing to click in order to earn shares. If they didn't click for .01 shares I'm sure he wouldn't offer them.

This is one more case of people willing to work for tenths and hundredths of a penny. The problem with many in this industry is that they don't think big enough

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #43 - 17th Oct, 2013 at 1:54pm

That MyFreeShares is a multimedia site itself will help it to grow.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #44 - 17th Oct, 2013 at 2:47pm

What I don't like about that random referral thing it that we don't have any clues how many unrreferred traffic the site gets. I'm imagining that most traffic comes from members advertising their referral link. Same thing for Donkeymails. Of all the ads I see towards that site, all have some sort of referral link. Which leaves the question. How many self-promoting does sebas do for this site?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Send Topic Print