Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Your Liberty Reserve account is temporarily blocked - Phishing Scam Email (Read 4310 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Your Liberty Reserve account is temporarily blocked - Phishing Scam Email
20th Apr, 2013 at 1:45am

Hello, after receiving this email twice today and actually one managed to slip through yahoo's spam filters ending up in
my main inbox, I'd like to inform everyone as you might have been receiving it too. The email body is the following :

Quote:
=============================================================
Please note that in all e-mails from Liberty Reserve we will:
1. Liberty Reserve only Know your personal message.
2. Never send you any attached files.
3. Never ask you to send us your password and/or login PIN.
=============================================================

Dear User,

Your Account has been temporarily blocked due to 5 unsuccessful Reset Service tries. Please click the link below immediately if you did not try to reset your account.

This block is meant to give you enough time to notice and react in case your account was compromised.

Please Follow this unique link to Restore your Account now:

http libretyresrseve com restore.********

Please DO NOT reply to this e-mail.

For information and support please use our contact form in the help section of our web site.

Thank you.

This email is obviously a phishing scam trying to steal your liberty reserve email and password.
The link's address itself is almost funny : libretyres
rse
ve

Keep away from it and report it as spam/junk/scam in order for email companies to block it from spreading..
If you accidentally followed it, make sure you visit the original liberty reserve address : http://www.libertyreserve.com/
and change your password immediately if you still have access to your account.

Well, most people are aware of such scams but anyways, I hope I saved someone's account. Take care!

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: Your Liberty Reserve account is temporarily blocked - Phishing Scam Email
Reply #1 - 20th Apr, 2013 at 2:54am

SolidSnake wrote on 20th Apr, 2013 at 1:45am:
Hello, after receiving this email twice today and actually one managed to slip through yahoo's spam filters ending up in
my main inbox, I'd like to inform everyone as you might have been receiving it too. The email body is the following :

This email is obviously a phishing scam trying to steal your liberty reserve email and password.
The link's address itself is almost funny : libretyres
rse
ve

Keep away from it and report it as spam/junk/scam in order for email companies to block it from spreading..
If you accidentally followed it, make sure you visit the original liberty reserve address : http://www.libertyreserve.com/
and change your password immediately if you still have access to your account.

Well, most people are aware of such scams but anyways, I hope I saved someone's account. Take care!

I don't have a LR account  and I try not to hate anybody but I absolutely hate scammers that pull stuff like that. That is so completely unethical  Angry

David

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print