Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
PTCBox.Me Ads - New Feature by PTCBox.Me (Read 57352 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
PTCBox.Me Ads - New Feature by PTCBox.Me
29th Jun, 2013 at 3:12pm

We are happy to announce that lately we've been working constantly on a new project!

It's a brand new feature for our site PTCBox.Me that we'll simply call "
PTCBox.Me Ads
".

The base idea is to provide a good platform for effective and affordable advertising.
A page that receives excessive daily traffic and that is mainly related to online "Get-Paid-To" programs.

This way it will be a good option for promoters to get more referrals for PT programs they're working on,
at a much better price than advertising directly on the sites the traffic comes from. Also this way they
have the ability to advertise multiple sites at the same time, while keeping the costs low.

The program is still under development but you can get a preview of what it will look like here.
In order to ensure everything is perfectly prepared and tested before launching the program we will not
announce a launch date yet. However we are working on it at full speed and we don't expect it to get more
time than just a few days to complete.

Our script is build 100% from the scratch and it will offer a unique advertising tool that is almost fully automated
when it comes to queuing and processing ads. All the administration will have to do is approve the ads once they're placed.
Afterwards the system will automatically handle how they're managed and here's is an overview of how it will work :

Step 1: The advertiser submits a new ad, purchases and confirms a specific ad spot on the page.
Step 2: The system places the new ad on the approval waiting queue.
Step 3: The moderators check the ad for inappropriate content and if everything is proper they approve the ad.
Step 4: The system places the approved ads in a separate queue for each spot and decides when they will be displayed and expired.
Step 5: Once every 24 hours - probably midnight on our server time (0:00 GMT+2) our script will perform maintenance on all the Ad Spots.
Step 6: The system will then check all spots one by one for expired ads and replace them with ones from each spot's queue. If there are no queued ads waiting on a spot then it will simply display the "Advertise Here" banner with its specific prices.

But apart from these steps the system will be flexible enough to offer the following features :
1. Advertisers will have the ability to change their ad's banner, text and link details even when the ad is active. (Switching to another spot is not allowed due to the system's complexion in order to avoid errors)
2. Live public stats of the traffic received.
...(more to be added)...

We are open to new ideas as long as the base project doesn't change,
so feel free to suggest things you'd be interested in or ask any questions.
« Last Edit: 14th Oct, 2013 at 11:10pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: New Upcoming Feature by PTCBox.Me
Reply #1 - 29th Jun, 2013 at 3:14pm

PTCBox.Me Ads - Development Stages History

2013-06-26

Initial planing and analysis of the project.
Definition of the resources that will be required and research on the implementation platforms.

2013-06-27

Completed the very first beta version of the database.
Designed the first version of the ads page. Started working on the sites portability of the page to smaller resolutions.
Completed configuring our PayPal account to prepare it for usage with our new system's specific advertising products.
Added a new invoice prototype with our logo.
Completed the first version of the ad submission form and connected it to the database.
Major changes to the administrator's office. Everything on the site can now be supervised through the Administrator's "Office" (password protected panel).
Implemented methods to get notified for new tasks requiring our attention.

2013-06-28

Decided the final prices based on the spots location and distance from the top of the page.
Heavy upgrades done to the submission form. It now offered automated calculation of the product for sale and the price to be paid to PayPal based on the user's selections on ad spot and duration.
Submit ads were initially possible with image file upload. But later on we turned down that idea mainly because of the security risks that came up. Therefore, we decided that we will manually upload and host the banners on our server, during the approval stage of the ad.
Small additions done in the database and all site's permissions were adjusted for the maximum security of our data.
A complete guide with screenshots and a pricing table were added to the ad submission page.
Auto-respond script completed and implemented. Both administrator and advertisers will now receive a detailed description of their order.

2013-06-29

Administrator's office updated with an ad approval section. It is now possible to approve single and multiple ads with a simple click.
Database updated with an email blacklist. In case of unauthorized usage of an email the recipient will now have the option
to directly add his email to the site's blacklist (using an "unsubscribe"-like link coming in the new order notification email so that the system prevents it from happening again). A user can be removed from the black list by contacting support. More flexibility and security of this system will be developed soon (we'll probably ad a security pin option in the future).

2013-07-01

Developed a whole you confirmation system with a security pin code. New ads must be now be confirmed (before being approved) by clicking a confirmation link in the confirmation email received after ad submission. This is to prevent unauthorized placement of orders by users using email accounts they don't own.

2013-07-02

Applying security measures to prevent SQL injection attacks through all the input fields of the site.
This was necessary to ensure the safety of the data stored in our databases.
Enabled email blacklisting.
Fixed date formats.
« Last Edit: 3rd Jul, 2013 at 1:42pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #2 - 29th Jun, 2013 at 3:14pm

2013-07-03

Fixed pin code bugs.
Fixed blacklisting bugs.
Added checks on the order form's fields.
Improved visuals.

2013-07-07

Upgraded all database access functions with strong anti-hacking security measurements. - OPERATION FAILED! -
Bypassed
(query technology not supported by my host - will have to figure out another way)
(We will now reconstruct the ad submission forms data handling)

2013-07-11

Finished developing an alternative hacker safe way to access our databases.
So far it's been working flawlessly so we're ready to proceed to the next step.

2013-07-13

Completed the mechanism that checks for expired ads and replaces them with new ones waiting in the ad queue for each spot.
Also completed a backup mechanism that will save all the current data before replacement each day.

2013-07-15

Function to load banners to their spots is ready. Banners and links as well as availability dates load properly.
Logging script to keep notes of all the automated processes in order to easily check if everything went smooth done.

2013-07-16

Fixed bugs at the ad queuing system. It is now supposed to work properly.
Added counter for daily and total hits and unique hits.
Added server timestamp at the bottom of the ads page.
Fixed some typos.
Fixed html email coding.

2013-07-17

Fixed a small typo in the default ads title.
Fixed a bug in the unique hits counter.

2013-07-22

Banner and Title's Ad Description is now showing correctly.
Fixed a small bug displaying a wrong ad in SpotR6.
Availability date calculator is now functioning correctly in cases of queued ads.
Made the "Available at" line of text one step smaller.
Added more specific logging functions to be able to track changes in ads spots.

2013-07-24

Fixed a bug at saving yesterday's hits.
Fixed some visual issues on the ads page to make it visible at any resolution higher than 1024 x 1024.
Fixed a small bug in the function that handles the communication with the database.
Content with instructions and order placing details added on the submission form page.
Redesigned PTCBox.Me menu to integrate the ads page to the site.
Redesigned the advertise page to include information on the new project "PTCBox.Me Ads".

Announced launch date : 27-7-2013

2013-07-27

We've added a link pointing to a recreated PayPal payment page just in case someone places an ad but accidentally
closes the payment page before paying. In the confirmation email there will now a link that recreates the PayPal payment button for that specific order.
Added screenshots showing the expiration date of our stable incoming sources in the ad submission form page. You can now see for how long our ads page will be receiving traffic in the future.

2013-10-14

Fixed the page's adaptation to lower resolutions. Now the page will be displayed properly on smaller screen resolutions (smartphones, tablets etc).
« Last Edit: 14th Oct, 2013 at 11:12pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #3 - 29th Jun, 2013 at 3:36pm

2013-10-15

Updated Administration Panel so that editing an ad now is much easier and simpler to avoid mistakes.

2013-10-16

Updated the script to show "Available Now!" instead of "Available at..." and the current date. It is simpler for the advertiser to know that the spot is currently available.

2013-10-27

Prepared functions to work on the upcoming new version of the script (etc. re-coded PayPal's options to support the new prices).
Updated the script to automatically show the activation and the expiry date of the ad as soon as the member confirms it.
Updated the script to automatically prepare an email to send immediately after the approval, directly from the admin's panel.
These will greatly improve speed when handling multiple ads that need quick approval.
Added a "traffic stats" link on the ads page so that it's easier for an advertiser be able to know when his spot will become available.

2013-11-09

Added a custom tracking system so now every hit is being tracked. It's easy now to create grouped reports on the incoming traffic.
Completed some script modifications to consume the minimum possible bandwidth per page load. We can now handle much more traffic this way (10.000+ daily visitors)

2013-11-10

Upgraded my Payza account from Starter to Personal.. so now I'm able to receive payments there.
The new form is now ready and includes PayPal/Payza/EgoPay options plus the 7-Days ad duration option.
Fixed a couple of bugs in the ad submission page. Now it adapts better at low resolutions.

2013-11-14

EgoPay automated system scripting is complete. It will be available once we upgrade the script to the 2nd version.
Completed the announcements system on the ads page. It will be implemented before the v2 upgrade. (first announcement will be the upgrade)
Reconstructed the layout of the Ads page to improve adaptation to smaller and bigger resolutions while including the 2 new features listed above.
Improved adaptation to include font size decrease at smaller resolutions.
Added a 7-days stats indication on the top of the ads page. This will help with the upcoming 7-days ad pack sales.
Captcha bot check is complete and implemented directly on the new submission form. I'll soon implement it on all forms of the site.

2013-11-15

Fixed an issue with banners that failed to load messing up the site's design. Now if they fail to load they get removed.

2013-11-17

Fixed a small critical bug that was messing up the availability dates.. by cutting days off for every month that had 30 days instead of 31.

2013-12-14

After a lot of scripting we are finally ready to launch our second version with the exception of the Featured Links column as it is taking more time that it was planned.
« Last Edit: 14th Dec, 2013 at 4:14am by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #4 - 29th Jun, 2013 at 3:56pm

To-do List :

• Automated emailing script when the ad gets initially displayed on the ads page that notifies the advertiser that his ad is activated and provide him with the expiration dateAction done at the ad approval.
  • Additional feature to display under each banner how many clicks it has received since it was placed.
  • Create a testimonial page with a testimonial submission form.
  • Add nerdbux in the incoming traffic sources. - Done!
  • Add Payza and EgoPay to the payment options - EgoPay is ready.. Payza requires a lot of stuff to implement. - Done!
  • Create a custom captcha and implement it on all forms of my site. - Done!
  • Write a new T.o.S. page specifically for the PTCBox.Me Ads project. - Done!
  • Announcements feature on the ads page - Done!
  • Add ad blocking software detector - Done!
  • Featured ad links option on the ads page - Currently Working on it..
« Last Edit: 7th May, 2014 at 3:03am by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #5 - 30th Jun, 2013 at 4:56pm

You may want to also get some input from the other members in the forum on what should be written on the final draft before it's displayed to the public. If needed, we could also possibly help with the editing here and there.

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #6 - 30th Jun, 2013 at 6:15pm

You might eventually want to plug that page into the neobux fixed ads also. That starts at $100 for one day but drops as you buy in bulk.

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #7 - 30th Jun, 2013 at 6:18pm

Are you going to allow affiliates in the future some time? I don't recall if that was discussed

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #8 - 30th Jun, 2013 at 10:42pm

dansbanners wrote on 30th Jun, 2013 at 4:56pm:
You may want to also get some input from the other members in the forum on what should be written on the final draft before it's displayed to the public. If needed, we could also possibly help with the editing here and there.

Yep.. That's why I posted this as announcement in the general discussions forum which is public.. even to guests.

moneymarketing wrote on 30th Jun, 2013 at 6:15pm:
You might eventually want to plug that page into the neobux fixed ads also. That starts at $100 for one day but drops as you buy in bulk.

Neobux is way too expensive for me to afford right now.. but it will probably be possible in the future..
However the prices will have to go way up as well.. and that's not in my current plans. I'm intending to increase them a bit only after the site will be generating enough profit for it to self-sustain. So, we'll start low and climb a bit as we go.. I think top10ptc is a bit expensive all in all.. so I might offer a cheap alternative some time in the future.

And of course one of my strong cards will be my script that is supposed to be flexible enough to help me offer the best possible support to my customers. It's quality of service and support that I'd like to offer. The traffic maybe cheaper and the prices as well.. but I'll be more than happy to have satisfied customers to say good things about me and my services. That is my first goal. Smiley

moneymarketing wrote on 30th Jun, 2013 at 6:18pm:
Are you going to allow affiliates in the future some time? I don't recall if that was discussed

I've thought of that as well, and it's not a bad idea but an affiliate based system is much more complex and needs much better planning to make it successful.. Think about it, my site offers 16 specific spots for a reasonable price.. Now, since I'm a promoter it might prove more profitable if I myself promote my program. However since this whole site is based on affiliate marketing (and well.. the previous sentence sounds awkwardly selfish.. Tongue)  then yes it is a good idea to implement such a system. But it's still early for that. I need to create an initial reputation and some cash flow and then I'll expand it as we go. It's just that, I need to be 100% sure that I can maintain the site and pay for the expenses myself. Then if and only if I can afford it I could consider adding affiliates to help the site grow even larger.

In simple words.. I aim high.. but I start low in order to get there.. Smiley
« Last Edit: 30th Jun, 2013 at 10:48pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #9 - 1st Jul, 2013 at 12:52am

I keep forgetting that the banners will be a fixed cost and they won't rotate. Yes, because of that neobux would be too expensive. Also, having affiliates would also not be very useful.

The only way to make those two things useful would maybe be to leverage your payments system and build a second page that does have rotating banners. Either that or let people bid on the banner spots.

You can't really do it with fixed ads. You need something that will scale up in order to capitalize on increased traffic flow

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #10 - 1st Jul, 2013 at 12:54am

SolidSnake wrote on 30th Jun, 2013 at 10:42pm:

It is best not to build a house without a good foundation  Cool

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #11 - 1st Jul, 2013 at 5:14pm

SolidSnake wrote on 30th Jun, 2013 at 10:42pm:
I've thought of that as well, and it's not a bad idea but an affiliate based system is much more complex and needs much better planning to make it successful.. Think about it, my site offers 16 specific spots for a reasonable price.. Now, since I'm a promoter it might prove more profitable if I myself promote my program. However since this whole site is based on affiliate marketing (and well.. the previous sentence sounds awkwardly selfish.. Tongue)  then yes it is a good idea to implement such a system. But it's still early for that. I need to create an initial reputation and some cash flow and then I'll expand it as we go. It's just that, I need to be 100% sure that I can maintain the site and pay for the expenses myself. Then if and only if I can afford it I could consider adding affiliates to help the site grow even larger.

An affiliate program could bring more traffic to the site cause it could encourage members to promote the program.

But like you said, you rather take one step at a time then build on from there, etc.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #12 - 3rd Jul, 2013 at 1:52pm

The site actually required much more work than I expected mainly because of the security issues that I noticed and had to take care of. I had to reconstruct big parts of the system and research a lot on SQL injection prevention to implement strong security measurements. Now the auto-emailing, confirmation, blacklisting and pin code related mechanisms are complete on the programming side. I'll have to work a bit on some visuals now and finally develop the automated ad placement system to make this whole thing capable of doing its job.

We're definitely closer now! Not sure how much more time it will take me to complete it..
but once it's done, it's gonna be legen-(wait for it)-dary.. Tongue

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #13 - 3rd Jul, 2013 at 5:40pm

SolidSnake wrote on 3rd Jul, 2013 at 1:52pm:
The site actually required much more work than I expected mainly because of the security issues that I noticed and had to take care of. I had to reconstruct big parts of the system and research a lot on SQL injection prevention to implement strong security measurements. Now the auto-emailing, confirmation, blacklisting and pin code related mechanisms are complete on the programming side. I'll have to work a bit on some visuals now and finally develop the automated ad placement system to make this whole thing capable of doing its job.

We're definitely closer now! Not sure how much more time it will take me to complete it..
but once it's done, it's gonna be legen-(wait for it)-dary.. Tongue

And people wonder why I don't become an admin.

Reason # 1 through 7:  HACKERS!   Angry

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #14 - 7th Jul, 2013 at 4:53pm

moneymarketing wrote on 3rd Jul, 2013 at 5:40pm:
And people wonder why I don't become an admin.

Reason # 1 through 7:  HACKERS!   Angry

That's why I've spent so much time researching and developing the scripts at the safest possible way.
They're supposed to block any type of sql injection attack now.
And the privileges of every file on the site is set up to prevent unauthorized access.
Plus I've password protected directories of all critical files at server level.

Of course they say that no system is 100% hacker safe, but I've done my best to discourage anyone that would like to try.. Smiley
Now I need to fix a couple of bugs here and there due to the database access reconstruction.
But things roll a lot faster now..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print