Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
PTCBox.Me Ads - New Feature by PTCBox.Me (Read 57196 times)
moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Re: New Upcoming Feature by PTCBox.Me
Reply #15 - 7th Jul, 2013 at 8:12pm

SolidSnake wrote on 7th Jul, 2013 at 4:53pm:
That's why I've spent so much time researching and developing the scripts at the safest possible way.
They're supposed to block any type of sql injection attack now.
And the privileges of every file on the site is set up to prevent unauthorized access.
Plus I've password protected directories of all critical files at server level.

Of course they say that no system is 100% hacker safe, but I've done my best to discourage anyone that would like to try.. Smiley
Now I need to fix a couple of bugs here and there due to the database access reconstruction.
But things roll a lot faster now..

Hackers are like rats. Sooner or later they will find a way to get in. Thus we always need to be ready with rat poison or traps

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #16 - 8th Jul, 2013 at 1:41am

Well, I've just crashed up hard, on a big fat wall.. there is a function that is required in my script
and it's in PHP version 5.3+ but my server is using 5.2.x. That's a bummer... I need to figure out
a way around this. I've literaly burnt half of my braincells implementing secure methods and I'm
so fed up of this stuff.. It was almost over but I'll have to rebuild many parts of the script if my
host turns down my upgrading suggestion.. Sad

Pff.. this site just doesn't wanna get completed... there's always something going so wrong...  Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #17 - 11th Jul, 2013 at 1:57pm

Hi everyone again, I got a reply from my host and it was unfortunately negative.. so I can't do this the easy way.
But it's not that bad, since when it comes to programming "there is always another way" so I went ahead and figured
out an alternative custom safe way to handle queries to my database. It's now completed and working successfully
so far and I'm now free to go ahead and build the automated system rotating system. I've been really busy with my
offline job these days and I'm sorry for the delay.. I'll keep you updated at the top posts as I go. Thank you all for
your motivating support! Smiley

SolidSnake

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #18 - 11th Jul, 2013 at 5:52pm

SolidSnake wrote on 11th Jul, 2013 at 1:57pm:
Hi everyone again, I got a reply from my host and it was unfortunately negative.. so I can't do this the easy way.
But it's not that bad, since when it comes to programming "there is always another way" so I went ahead and figured
out an alternative custom safe way to handle queries to my database. It's now completed and working successfully
so far and I'm now free to go ahead and build the automated system rotating system. I've been really busy with my
offline job these days and I'm sorry for the delay.. I'll keep you updated at the top posts as I go. Thank you all for
your motivating support! Smiley

SolidSnake

Way to go. Adversity builds character and necessity is the mother of invention. You handled that speed bump with ease

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #19 - 11th Jul, 2013 at 7:27pm

moneymarketing wrote on 11th Jul, 2013 at 5:52pm:
Way to go. Adversity builds character and necessity is the mother of invention. You handled that speed bump with ease

Smiley You're a quote generator, aren't you?  Tongue

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #20 - 11th Jul, 2013 at 8:03pm

SolidSnake wrote on 11th Jul, 2013 at 7:27pm:
Smiley You're a quote generator, aren't you?  Tongue

I'm at that age  Smiley

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #21 - 14th Jul, 2013 at 2:09am

Well most of the hard coding part is done.. now there are some finishing touches left to do here and there..
Most of the scripts are complete and fully functional. We're really close to announcing the opening.. Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #22 - 15th Jul, 2013 at 4:54pm

Finally.. the ads loaded correctly.
I'll now test the whole system.. Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #23 - 17th Jul, 2013 at 4:06am

And YES! The first successful results are showing up.
Well, I could use some help at this next step.

I need to test how the program will perform in some real life situations.
So I would like you to become my beta testers for about a week.

Some Instructions

Please use the system, visit the ads page and place some ads yourself.
I'd like to see how it will function for a week and then open it for the public.

After placing an ad the system will prompt you to complete the payment through PayPal.
So simply ignore that prompt for now as it is not necessary.

Please use your normal contact email as the system will automatically send you a confirmation link
after your ad placement. You will need to click the link provided in that email to confirm the ad.

Then I will get notified and will have to approve your ads.
After I approve them they will be placed at the banner spot queue.

First come - first served.. the system will pick the older orders to show up the next day.

Btw, in your confirmation email you will receive your automatically generated pin code.
You can change that pin code by following the link included in your email.

Please give it a try as it will help me figure out if there are any bugs.
You can also use the blacklist link in your confirmation email.

However this will prevent you from being able to place any more orders,
until I unblock you. Play with the system as much as you want.

Keep in mind that all the changes will be temporary as I will reset the system
before the official launch. We're still not giving a specific date as we need to
make sure everything goes according to the plan.

Have fun testing it! Smiley
(And please let me know if you notice anything that feels weird or if anything is missing)

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #24 - 17th Jul, 2013 at 5:27am

First beta tester reporting for duty  Cool

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #25 - 17th Jul, 2013 at 10:54am

moneymarketing wrote on 17th Jul, 2013 at 5:27am:
First beta tester reporting for duty  Cool

Thanks for that!
And here's some more information on how it gets worked out now :

I noticed your ad placement. You've probably received an email stating your ad details and has a confirmation link on top of it.
Please confirm your ad through the email you received so that it gets passed over to me to approve it. Smiley

Btw, the pin code is not exactly a password so you don't have to worry about it.
It's automatically generated and you can easily recover it in case you lose the confirmation or pin code change email.
The point is that there is a specific number (6 to 8 digits) that identifies you as the owner of the email.
Therefore, it's only visible in your email and nowhere else. It gets automatically loaded from the database for you
whenever an ad is placed with your contact email. So, once it's generated to be yours... it stays yours.
You don't even have to change it and it's not even encrypted in the database. (I'll probably work on that though)

There is a very super tiny chance (1 in 99899999 if I'm correct) that another member gets the same pin code
generated from the system but even in that case it won't bother your account as the pin code alone is useless.
It's the email-pin code combination that matters.

After your first ad placement, if someone tries to place an ad using your email, it's you that will get the confirmation.
So if someone abuses the system you can always select to black list your email if you don't intend to make any more
purchases anytime soon. If you do so, next time someone tries to place an ad using your email he will get the "this
email is blacklisted on our server" message and the ad won't be placed. I might improve this system using some switch
of some type where you can disable and re-enable your ability to make purchases without having to contact me at all.
Just by using your email - pin code combination. It's kinda easy to implement.

Well there are many things to ad but the priority is to offer the basic service and then improve it as we go.
I'll get notified through the "admin's office" page (panel) once you confirm your ad.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #26 - 17th Jul, 2013 at 1:42pm

Second beta tester reporting for duty, Lt.
I've got my trusted cardbox ready to go.

(Isn't in funny that the site that SolidSnake runs has 'Box', in it? I mean, the cardbox is almost a trademark of Snake)  Grin

Oh, and since you seem to like Grids so much, have you considered Probux? It seems to popular site which is growing considerably, even though I do not know the exact number of members. While I'm approaching it with extreme caution since I'm not sure if it will be sustainable in the long term (due to the $0.01 sponsored ads), it could at least be an interesting source for traffic.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #27 - 17th Jul, 2013 at 3:37pm

If we go on like this soon everything will be trademark by me.. lol
I'll get back to you on ProBux. I'm curious to see how sky high my montly bandwidth will climb after using ClixSense, Twickerz and TheBux. Btw, does NeoBux offer any grid-only ad packages or they are only combined with the ptc ads?

Anyways, I checked your submission ruicarlov and approved it and I already noticed a small typo-like bug..
Under the ad spot you picked it already says that it will be available again at 2013-07-18.
However the title of the advertise here ad says that it will be available tomorrow and that needs to change..
I'll check it out.

Feel free to place more ads if you like.
Be creative.. Wink

I'll play with them during this week.
Think of it as a rehearsal for the real thing.. Smiley

Edited:
Btw, ruicarlov is it just me or your splash page contains a missing image?

(http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/7848/x5d7.png)

Edited:
Also do you guys notice any lags or bugs anywhere? (pages not loading or not loading incorrectly, typos etc.)
« Last Edit: 17th Jul, 2013 at 5:47pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #28 - 17th Jul, 2013 at 5:54pm

SolidSnake wrote on 17th Jul, 2013 at 10:54am:
Thanks for that!
And here's some more information on how it gets worked out now :

I noticed your ad placement. You've probably received an email stating your ad details and has a confirmation link on top of it.
Please confirm your ad through the email you received so that it gets passed over to me to approve it. Smiley

Btw, the pin code is not exactly a password so you don't have to worry about it.
It's automatically generated and you can easily recover it in case you lose the confirmation or pin code change email.
The point is that there is a specific number (6 to 8 digits) that identifies you as the owner of the email.
Therefore, it's only visible in your email and nowhere else. It gets automatically loaded from the database for you
whenever an ad is placed with your contact email. So, once it's generated to be yours... it stays yours.
You don't even have to change it and it's not even encrypted in the database. (I'll probably work on that though)

There is a very super tiny chance (1 in 99899999 if I'm correct) that another member gets the same pin code
generated from the system but even in that case it won't bother your account as the pin code alone is useless.
It's the email-pin code combination that matters.

After your first ad placement, if someone tries to place an ad using your email, it's you that will get the confirmation.
So if someone abuses the system you can always select to black list your email if you don't intend to make any more
purchases anytime soon. If you do so, next time someone tries to place an ad using your email he will get the "this
email is blacklisted on our server" message and the ad won't be placed. I might improve this system using some switch
of some type where you can disable and re-enable your ability to make purchases without having to contact me at all.
Just by using your email - pin code combination. It's kinda easy to implement.

Well there are many things to ad but the priority is to offer the basic service and then improve it as we go.
I'll get notified through the "admin's office" page (panel) once you confirm your ad.

DOH!  Roll Eyes

I didn't even read that click confirmation in the email even though it is there in bold. I glossed right over that  Smiley Smiley

Oh well. I'm all cued up now  Cheesy

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #29 - 17th Jul, 2013 at 6:05pm

Neobux has their Daily fixed ads which are probably the closest thing you can get to a grid on that site. It functions the same way where you are buying in bulk and taking your chances on how many people will click within a certain time period. Of course, the rewards for clickers are certain and not speculative

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print