Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
PTCBox.Me Ads - New Feature by PTCBox.Me (Read 57361 times)
ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Re: New Upcoming Feature by PTCBox.Me
Reply #30 - 17th Jul, 2013 at 7:32pm

Thanks for letting me know about the picture. For some strange reason, it stopped being displayed correctly even on my imageshack directory. Had to reupload it again. I'm sure it was fine some days ago.... Don't tell me I've been wasting credits on a bug like that. Shocked

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #31 - 18th Jul, 2013 at 10:07pm

There is a problem on the queue handling mechanism.
Something goes wrong with expiring current ads.
I've been working on it the past days.

It's just that I've been too busy with offline stuff these days and my head is already too messed up to puzzle this out..
But it will eventually be worked out, don't worry.

The important point is to have the site rock solid in the matters of scripting before launching it.

Edited:
Actually it was simple enough.. but with a messed up head not easily visible.. a "$" symbol was missing somewhere..
Now it loaded up ads properly. So the next step is to see if the ads will be automatically replaced tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 19th Jul, 2013 at 1:09am by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #32 - 20th Jul, 2013 at 12:06am

Well, I checked it today and the ads are being placed properly in the correct order, according to their confirmation date.
However, a bug I've noticed is that the queued ads duration is not calculated at the total reserved duration of each spot.
So, I need to fix this now. It should calculate the availability date including all the queued ads waiting at each spot.

Another small bug is that the description is not showing at mouse over event as it should.
That's easy to fix. I'll have it fixed by tomorrow.

Take care everyone and thanks for the help.
Your input is highly appreciated!

Edited:
Banner description bug fixed.

Edited:
Couldn't figure the availability date bug yet.. I'm close but I need a clearer mind.. I'll try again tomorrow..  Phew
« Last Edit: 20th Jul, 2013 at 8:40pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #33 - 22nd Jul, 2013 at 6:43pm

Well, pretty much everything is now ready and fully functioning. We are practically ready to launch.
Of course there could still be some bugs but it's pretty hard to produce them at a testing environment..

I've set some ads to expire tonight so if everything goes well, I'll take a finishing look at my code and
I'll announce the launch. Of course, members of the forum will get priority placement, so don't worry about that.

Stay tuned for more details..! We're almost there.. Smiley

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #34 - 22nd Jul, 2013 at 7:56pm

SolidSnake wrote on 22nd Jul, 2013 at 6:43pm:
Well, pretty much everything is now ready and fully functioning. We are practically ready to launch.
Of course there could still be some bugs but it's pretty hard to produce them at a testing environment..

I've set some ads to expire tonight so if everything goes well, I'll take a finishing look at my code and
I'll announce the launch. Of course, members of the forum will get priority placement, so don't worry about that.

Stay tuned for more details..! We're almost there.. Smiley

I'm really happy for you. I think this could be the start of something much bigger and better for you

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #35 - 24th Jul, 2013 at 9:50pm

moneymarketing wrote on 22nd Jul, 2013 at 7:56pm:
I'm really happy for you. I think this could be the start of something much bigger and better for you

Well, you've been here since the beginning and I'd have probably quit without your support.
The same goes to Dan, ruicarlov, venkat and everyone else here.

This is the reason I believe that the whole PTCBox fiasko was not necessarily a bad thing as it helped us form this team here.
It helped us get together and achieve things that otherwise we wouldn't have possibly tried..

So, it's a celebration night.. as I'm finally announcing my brand new project.. The PTCBox.Me Ads page.

It is finally completed and ready to start serving ads.
As a so called "launch" date I decided to initiate the system at 27-07-2013 (this Saturday).
By launching it I mean that it will be the first day that traffic will start flawing in..
(Your ads placed within these days will start showing on the launch date in order not to waste paid days)

So whoever here wants to be among the first to place ads on it is now allowed to go ahead and do so.
Starting on Saturday I'll start serving orders from the incoming traffic as well.

My initial budget plan for the project is this :

ClixSense (ClixGrid 1 month) : $20
Twickerz (TwickGrid 1 month) : $15
The-Bux (TheGrid 1 month) : $10

Total : $45

Hopefully it will get me a couple of sales to raise the budget for the next month.
Let's see how it goes.. Smiley

Again thank you all for your ultra motivating support!  Smiley

Edited:
PS. As a small gratitude gift, any member of the forum placing ads will receive this :

For every Top, MidTop and Middle ad spot purchased you get a free Bottom spot of the same duration.
So you can place 2 ads while paying only for the big one..
(This way also the page won't look so empty on day one..)

Take care mates! Smiley
« Last Edit: 24th Jul, 2013 at 9:57pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #36 - 24th Jul, 2013 at 10:05pm

Btw, I did some additional writing in the submission form page and the generic advertise page as well.. so if you meet any typos please let me know..

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #37 - 25th Jul, 2013 at 9:01pm

Smiley

You have a false positive in your system. I was going to pay with payza since I had $8 in my payza account so I set up the ad and then realized you only take paypal. The system sent me the ad confirmation but I won't have the cash from CS in paypal until tomorrow  Sad

What do you want me to do? Resubmit the ad again tomorrow when I have the cash? Can you cancel the current one?

Also, when we try to cancel, you say that we will be blacklisted.  Smiley I don't want to be permanently removed, just put on hold for about 30 hours. That blacklisting sounds harsh and may confuse a few people

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #38 - 26th Jul, 2013 at 2:08am

Well, yes I should have added Payza from the beginning.. I will research it to see if it's easy to implement.

As for the ad don't worry, just click the confirmation link and I will approve it to be placed at 27/7/2013.
Chill out you can always pay for it later.. Smiley

To cancel an ad you just need to contact me, no need to blacklist your account.
It is easy enough for me to handle the ads from my side.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #39 - 26th Jul, 2013 at 5:14am

Btw, the blacklisting thing is just in case you didn't place the order yourself.. which means someone else entered your email without you knowing.. therefore you can choose to black list your email so that no more orders get placed.. It's not permanent actually.. as you can remove it later on by contacting me.. Smiley

Of course I could improve the system.. but I'm kinda out of ideas in that area... eventually I'll figure it out.

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #40 - 26th Jul, 2013 at 7:39am

SolidSnake wrote on 26th Jul, 2013 at 5:14am:
Btw, the blacklisting thing is just in case you didn't place the order yourself.. which means someone else entered your email without you knowing.. therefore you can choose to black list your email so that no more orders get placed.. It's not permanent actually.. as you can remove it later on by contacting me.. Smiley

Of course I could improve the system.. but I'm kinda out of ideas in that area... eventually I'll figure it out.

You might want to clear that up in the wording in case people get the wrong impression

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #41 - 26th Jul, 2013 at 12:18pm

moneymarketing wrote on 26th Jul, 2013 at 7:39am:
You might want to clear that up in the wording in case people get the wrong impression

Well, I think I made it a bit clearer now. I edited the email body and replaced some text here :

Quote:
Your order will be manually approved soon and then automatically processed as soon as the spot is available.
We do our best to provide you with the best possible quality of services. If you'd like to cancel this order,
or if you have any questions or feel like changing any of the details above please do not hesitate to contact us
through our Contact Form.

...and here...

Quote:
If you did not authorize this order please click here to prevent our server from sending you any more emails in the future.
This will black list your contact email ([ContactEmail showing here..]) on our server and placing orders will not be possible any more.
(You can always remove this ban later by contacting us).

..but this is kind of a temporary solution. I might have to import an initial email registration process with a separate confirmation  that can happen only once.. or maybe request the client's pin code to be inserted after the first order placed.. I'll figure out a way. For now it can all work like this. I'll also have to insert captchas in all submission forms cause you never know when spam bots will pop up and start flooding the system..

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #42 - 26th Jul, 2013 at 5:47pm

Yes, that's much better. Now even I can figure it out  Grin

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #43 - 26th Jul, 2013 at 5:55pm

You might also want to turn a mistake into an opportunity:

Quote:
If you did not authorize this order please click here to prevent our server from sending you any more emails in the future.
This will black list your contact email ([ContactEmail showing here..]) on our server and placing orders will not be possible any more.
(You can always remove this ban later by contacting us).

Then you could add:

Quote:
If you are interested in trying our services, click here for our pricing (and maybe offer a discount for new customers)

No point in passing up someone that has dropped in your lap like that  Smiley

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #44 - 26th Jul, 2013 at 11:14pm

moneymarketing wrote on 26th Jul, 2013 at 5:55pm:
You might also want to turn a mistake into an opportunity:

Then you could add:

No point in passing up someone that has dropped in your lap like that  Smiley

Well, wouldn't that be much like accidental spamming?
We wouldn't wanna be accused with that.. if we get reported for such a thing then google, yahoo and outlook would probably put our email in a spam black list and block our emails from being delivered.. That would be very bad for business.

Besides, if someone received such a confirmation email without his own permission (which means his privacy is already at risk and our name will be there associated with it) wouldn't it drive him nuts to also be pointed to a sales page..? Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print