Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
PTCBox.Me Ads - New Feature by PTCBox.Me (Read 57025 times)
moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Re: New Upcoming Feature by PTCBox.Me
Reply #45 - 26th Jul, 2013 at 11:21pm

SolidSnake wrote on 26th Jul, 2013 at 11:14pm:
Well, wouldn't that be much like accidental spamming?
We wouldn't wanna be accused with that.. if we get reported for such a thing then google, yahoo and outlook would probably put our email in a spam black list and block our emails from being delivered.. That would be very bad for business.

Besides, if someone received such a confirmation email without his own permission (which means his privacy is already at risk and our name will be there associated with it) wouldn't it drive him nuts to also be pointed to a sales page..? Smiley

Shocked

Phew

you've got mail. I'm trying to pay you but you make it very difficult  Angry

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #46 - 26th Jul, 2013 at 11:46pm

moneymarketing wrote on 26th Jul, 2013 at 11:21pm:
Shocked

Phew

you've got mail. I'm trying to pay you but you make it very difficult  Angry

Maybe it's just that my system's heart feels so unwilling to offer you its services for a reward.. Smiley
I replied to your email.

The PayPal page is automatically generated when placing a specific order.
So when leaving it it's not possible to just go back to it..

I'll make a simple option to cover this issue.
Maybe I'll probably put a link in the confirmation email leading directly to the payment email.

15 minutes left to launch.. Traffic has already started coming in so we're set up and ready.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #47 - 27th Jul, 2013 at 12:37pm

I added a link in the confirmation email leading to a recreated PayPal payment page just in case an advertiser accidentally
closes the PayPal payment page without completing the payment process. So, sorry MoneyMarketing for the inconvenience,
it's now supposed to not happen again.. Smiley

All three campaigns work fine now (ClixGrid, Twickerz and The-Bux) driving traffic to our ad page.
In the previous 12 hours it has already received 1343 unique hits and I hope we break the 3000 visitors/day barrier this way.
It will definitely boost our Alexa and Google rankings as well, helping us with some additional free targeted traffic.

I'll also bring some additional traffic from some small ptc campaigns including freeadmoney, constantbux probably even refban.
I'm not touching Neobux yet.. I'll leave it for later when our budget can hold it's weight..

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #48 - 27th Jul, 2013 at 3:11pm

SolidSnake wrote on 27th Jul, 2013 at 12:37pm:
I added a link in the confirmation email leading to a recreated PayPal payment page just in case an advertiser accidentally
closes the PayPal payment page without completing the payment process. So, sorry MoneyMarketing for the inconvenience,
it's now supposed to not happen again.. Smiley

Awww, c'mon. Have a little faith in me. I'm sure I'll find another way to mess it up  Smiley

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #49 - 28th Jul, 2013 at 12:07am

moneymarketing wrote on 27th Jul, 2013 at 3:11pm:
Awww, c'mon. Have a little faith in me. I'm sure I'll find another way to mess it up  Smiley

What can I say.. you're the best tester I could ask for.. everything you touch needs fixing.. lol
(That goes beside your "quote generator" skill..)

Well, first day went according to plan :

2013-07-27 - 3028 hits - 2727 unique hits

Beautiful activity.. I believe more advertisers will most likely be interested in purchasing the spots
after the end of the first week so that the "Last Week's Stats" table gets filled up with such good
traffic rates. Let me know if you get any leads from your campaigns on the ads page.

Some positive feedback is always welcome..

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: PTCBox.Me Ads - New Feature by PTCBox.Me
Reply #50 - 14th Oct, 2013 at 11:15pm

I finally found some time to code the PTCBox.Me Ads page to adapt at lower resolutions.
You can test it yourself, just reduce your browser's window size to anything lower than 1280x1024 and refresh the page to see how it fits the available screen. I'm now ready to add some automated emailing support to notify customers for approved and expired ads possibly with details.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: PTCBox.Me Ads - New Feature by PTCBox.Me - Upcoming Upgrade!
Reply #51 - 23rd Oct, 2013 at 3:51pm

It's been almost 3 months since the launch of the PTCBox.Me Ads project and so far it's been a successful project with lots of upgrading potential. At first I wasn't sure if the banner sales would be enough to keep up with the expenses so I decided to set the prices rather low and pretty close to the traffic expense. This way I didn't focus on profiting in the first months but to form a client list with satisfied customers that would like to come back month after month to purchase advertising. So, after 3 months now we've got over the beta period, fixed most of the issues/bugs and adjusted the code to meet our needs.

As for the traffic amount here is an overview graph of the last 3 months based on the StatCounter widget logs :

We now receive regular traffic from most major PTC sites and more and more advertisers decide to purchase ad spots up to the point that we can't keep up with the demand. Just like in every other business our goal is to be able to cover the customers' needs and provide quality services while keeping the business economically healthy. So we've got to a point where we have to do some adjustments to keep it going like that.

Since the beginning the purpose has been to provide an effective and affordable banner advertising solution for PTC users, through a platform that allows multi-site advertising on one simple campaign. This has not been changed so far and will also not change in the future. It will only become better fulfilled over time by increasing the audience size.

Therefore I have come up with a new plan about the ads page to handle its growth. The idea is simple enough and will require some fresh code implementations to make it work. We will keep pushing the incoming traffic to the next target that is ~6000 unique daily visitors by adding more and more incoming traffic sources to it. However this will not be possible as the sales won't be able to cover the expenses at the current prices. So in order for the change to be as smooth and easy to calculate as possible we'll simply divide the duration values by 2 and add some new combo discounted advertising packs.

So the new price plan will look like this :

This way it is designed to both cover our expenses and offer large volumes of advertising at an affordable cost.
For example until now the top spot's cost was $8 / month and was receiving ~90000 impressions, now it will be the same based on the ~6000 unique visitors plan but it will be delivered in half the time. Plus with the larger or combined packs it will be even cheaper than that.

This way we'll be able to handle more banner orders and satisfy more customers every month.
Thanks everyone for your support making this plan possible, and please let me know of your thoughts on it!

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #52 - 23rd Oct, 2013 at 7:31pm

Smiley Money

congrats on your success!  Smiley Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley Smiley

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #53 - 24th Oct, 2013 at 1:42am

moneymarketing wrote on 23rd Oct, 2013 at 7:31pm:
Smiley Money

congrats on your success!  Smiley Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley Smiley

If as they say "one picture equals a thousand words" then you could have written a book here..  Smiley
Smiley

...though I've not even started yet... Smiley

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #54 - 25th Oct, 2013 at 12:43am

By the way, I just noticed your very nice looking PTCBox.Me banner over there at BoB! Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #55 - 25th Oct, 2013 at 12:47am

dansbanners wrote on 25th Oct, 2013 at 12:43am:
By the way, I just noticed your very nice looking PTCBox.Me banner over there at BoB! Smiley

Well, I added 3 banners (PTCSolution, X-PTCBox, Ads Page) and split daily impressions evenly among them..
The ads page generates ~2200 credits daily so those are some free impressions I can use.. Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #56 - 28th Oct, 2013 at 12:14pm

Well, I was busy upgrading the script yesterday and finally most of the boring parts are now ready..

I finally created my "ad approval" semi-auto-responder that speeds up the process now and provides
the advertiser with the exact start-end dates of his ad activation.. in bold red font.. lol.. so that we
avoid any misunderstandings, as with the new script, the displaying time will be a very important factor..

Also I kinda refurbished the emailing scripts so that the email now looks more professional and provides
accurate info and helpful instructions. Critical parts are marked with red font so that they don't get
missed out.. I also have to work on creating separate T.o.S. for the Ads page to clarify a few points
there about how this site works and what are its rules.

If I complete the new script on time, I'll probably activate it starting this December.. if not it will most
likely go up along with the new year.. December is a good advertising month so I wouldn't wanna miss it.
So...

Coming soon..:

PTCBoxMeAdsScriptPHP v2.00...

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #57 - 29th Oct, 2013 at 11:41pm

All of a sudden the availability dates today started getting messed up.. Smiley

I had to follow hundreds of lines of code one by one to figure out what happened..
To my bad luck it was just a bug caused by the winter time change and took a tiny correction to fix it up..  Phew

Pff..  Smiley

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #58 - 30th Oct, 2013 at 12:16pm

Ah yes, winter time change. In my POV, one dumb idea. Sure sucks going home when it's completely dark now. And it's not like it was very dark in the morning yet....

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #59 - 10th Nov, 2013 at 1:41am

I did more script improvements on the administrator's side to get detailed tracking reports.
So now it will be easier to track sites referring to the ads page and see how much actual
traffic I receive without the need of having to visit them. Every single hit is recorded with
ip and referrer and I can easily view them all grouped based on the domain name.

Also preparing to break through the 6000 visitors barrier.. actually I intend to get up to 10.000 soon!
For that purpose, made the ads page spend the tiniest possible amount in terms of bandwidth.
So the 10 last days only consumed ~2GB in bandwidth (50GB is my monthly limit so there's lot
of space for future traffic increase). We're now ready to move on to the next level.

Something else new is that I re-adjusted the price plan to meet my upcoming traffic goals.
The exposure will be much higher so the prices will need to get a bit higher too to cover
the costs.

Still our plan is to offer "effective and affordable banner advertising using proven methods',
and the happy returning customers prove that the system works, only it requires these upgrades
in order to be able to serve them all.

Here is an overview of the exposure quantity..

6000 visitors daily mean 6000 banner impressions / day.
These equal to :

42000 banner impressions / 7 Days,
90000 banner impressions / 15 Days and
180000-186000 banner impressions / 1 Month (depending on how many days the month has 30 or 31).

Keep in mind that I plan to cross 10000 daily visitors entering 2014.

Based on these stats, here is the new pricing sheet :

Some bonus packs with multiple spots will now be available with great discounts included.

The new PayPal code automated script is tested and ready to be implemented.
I'll now look into adding more payment processors. Payza and EgoPay will be included.

In the upcoming version I'll include some announcement box in the top left corner along
with some additional advertising space.. possibly some cheap text ads and 125x125 banners.

Lots of stuff to complete in the next few weeks. I hope I'll make it by the end of November,
as I intend to launch the new script within this December as early as possible.

Stay tuned! Smiley
It's gonna rock! Smiley
« Last Edit: 14th Nov, 2013 at 11:58pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print