Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Some Critical Issue.. Please read. [Problem Solved!] (Read 8076 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Some Critical Issue.. Please read. [Problem Solved!]
5th Aug, 2013 at 12:57am

Hi there, I was about to go but decided to do a last check up and see if everything is going according to plan..
Unfortunately there was something that got my attention.. the site's bandwidth.

Actually I knew that the ads page was gonna cause a good bandwidth climb but there's seems to be a flow somewhere..
Firstly the default banners that were hosted on my domain were causing a huge amount of lost bandwidth..

Considering that there were many spots where my default banners were displayed, it was taking more than 1MB per page load..
so 3000 visits x 1MB caused a heavy 3GB / day.. that is not beautiful.. my so far sky high 50GB monthly bandwidth limit
suddenly came much closer cause in just 4 days I hit 11GB.. lol

Well, now I fixed most of the traffic hogging by uploading all my banners at imageshack.
I did so in the middle of the day and now that I checked it, it only used some 1.5GB today though the traffic was still
the same.. ~3000 visitors. Hopefully tomorrow night I'll have used much less bandwidth than my current daily rate.

Something else I thought of that will actually require your understanding is that I'll now go ahead and host all of my
banners at imageshack so that I reduce the bandwidth waste. So, if you're currently using any of my banners
directly on your campaigns I'd like to kindly ask you to please inform me, so that I give you the new direct links to use
that do not have a negative effect on my site's bandwidth.

Unfortunately I can't take my banners down as some may still be used in campaigns that cannot be changed.
So I'll keep them hosted, I only ask you to not set up any new campaigns using banners hosted on my domain.

You can either save and upload them on some image hosting service like imageshack or you can of course ask me to do
so and provide you with the new links. I'll now replace all the links in my banners visible on the whole PTCBox.Me site.

You can use any of them of course.

Well, you should also know that even in the worst case scenario that my bandwidth gets filled up quickly I can easily expand it
at a cheap rate of $3 per 30 additional GB.. so your advertising orders are safe here. You don't have to worry about it as
I won't let the site go down at any case.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
SolidSnake

Edited:
Some New Banner Links - Feel free to use any of these you need.
Please if possible switch your campaigns (especially RefBan ones) to the new link. Also let me know if I'm forgeting one.
« Last Edit: 2nd Sep, 2013 at 4:25pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: Some Critical Issue.. Please read.
Reply #1 - 8th Aug, 2013 at 7:43pm

Ok, it seems that the danger is gone now.

Uploading the site's images at imageshack dramatically reduced the bandwidth spent with each page load.
3 days after receiving traffic that's getting closer and closer to 4000 visitors / day and it only took ~1,5GB
from the site's bandwidth. At this rate it won't consume more than 20GB for a whole month. So I can almost
double the traffic.There are a few fixes that will help me reduce it even more so my first goal-milestone will be
to get the incoming visitors to 10000 / day. After then I might have to increase the prices a bit to keep up with
the traffic cost. But firstly I'd like to see some results, some positive feedback to see if the advertisers are
happy getting what they paid for.

Btw... in case you haven't already, please check the link with the new banners' links in the post above.
If you have been using any please replace them with the new ones.

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #2 - 9th Aug, 2013 at 7:00am

But imageshack is banning few countries by IP. Isn't it?

I personally prefer photobucket. (It's negligibly slow for me, but I'm a free member. May be it's faster for pro members.)

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #3 - 9th Aug, 2013 at 6:54pm

venkat wrote on 9th Aug, 2013 at 7:00am:
But imageshack is banning few countries by IP. Isn't it?

I personally prefer photobucket. (It's negligibly slow for me, but I'm a free member. May be it's faster for pro members.)

Not sure about that.. I've never had any problems using it though that could be because my country is not banned.
The banners load pretty quickly for me and as far as I know it's the largest, easier to use and most reliable image hosting site.. isn't it?

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #4 - 10th Aug, 2013 at 9:37am

imageshack is really reliable site, but photobucket too is. I've been using it for the past 5 years at least.

However, if those banners on top of this forum are hosted on imageshack, I have no problem viewing them.

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #5 - 11th Aug, 2013 at 1:39am

Hi guy,

I just realized my other hits4pay ad campaigns are finished so there is really only the one I have on your ads page. I can't think of any other significant ones. The great part is I'm getting almost two referrals per day signing up, so I'm definitely getting good value here  Smiley

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #6 - 11th Aug, 2013 at 1:45pm

moneymarketing wrote on 11th Aug, 2013 at 1:39am:
Hi guy,

I just realized my other hits4pay ad campaigns are finished so there is really only the one I have on your ads page. I can't think of any other significant ones. The great part is I'm getting almost two referrals per day signing up, so I'm definitely getting good value here  Smiley

I just remembered I have a ton of the banners up at BestE but those didn't seem to be getting unusual sign ups. I'll know better when the campaign on your ads page ends if any signups were coming from there

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #7 - 13th Aug, 2013 at 1:34am

moneymarketing wrote on 11th Aug, 2013 at 1:45pm:
I just remembered I have a ton of the banners up at BestE but those didn't seem to be getting unusual sign ups. I'll know better when the campaign on your ads page ends if any signups were coming from there

Well it's ok now.. the danger is gone like I said..
The daily bandwidth does not exceed 500MB.. with ~3000 page loads.
So feel free to let your campaigns be as there's no longer a bandwidth problem.. Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #8 - 14th Aug, 2013 at 2:45pm

I added a 1-month NerdGrid campaign from nerdbux to the list of the sources for the ads page.
Since they have a large database (50.000+ members) it would probably boost the traffic plus
the conversion ratio a little bit more. It's only been ~15 days since the launch of the program
but the Ads page has already reached ROI. I've just used most of the funds to renew the domain
registration for another year (until the end of August 2014) and now I'll just have to expand the hosting as well.

moneymarketing wrote on 11th Aug, 2013 at 1:39am:
Hi guy,

As for this, I'm happy to hear that, and I'm already planning to make a testimonials splash page with
such good results. As for the traffic you're all receiving to your links I did a check up on the exit links
and here are the results :

Remember that these are not forced (paid) clicks like in PTC programs.. people that clicked are actual visitors that came
from PTC grids, found interest on your ad and clicked wilingly. Also it seems there is a big difference in the clicks the top
banners receive compared to the lower ones.

Anyways, looking at all of these stats I feel the whole project has been a good idea and seems to be succeeding.
And once again thank you all for your support!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print