Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Send Topic Print
NerdBux.com - Purchased by Jeffrey Johnson - Warning! (Read 235747 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: NerdBux.com - owned by ClickTrackProfit
Reply #15 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 5:32pm

ruicarlov wrote on 2nd Sep, 2013 at 4:25pm:
Wow, that was nice. Through I only have 19 direct referrals, so that's why I don't get many comissions. 10% is a bit like Twickerz now, only it only works for some purchases (no discount packages).

Right now, I'm not going in heavy on any sites with less than 1 year. I'm on the lookout for Probux, and now maybe Nerdbux, but while they're young I'm off.
Cashclix and Constantbux were a little different since it felt closer to this forum.

That's one of the red flags I use for a site is time in the industry. We all know that many blow up within the first year and many within the first few months. If it has been around for a year, and even better for two, then I'm willing to give it higher regard. The only exception I'll make is if it is an owner who has been in the industry for more than two years and they are opening a new site. This is because they know the business and they should have crunched the numbers regarding site profitability

An owner with a long term track record is, of course, what tricked us with PTCBox, but I truly think that was an anomaly. Plus, I'm still not sure it was the original MM owner that was running the site and, personally, my biggest mistake was over investing into the upgrades. Had I not done that, I would not have lost anything.

Keeping your investments into each individual site from getting too high is also a red flag for me but I thought the PTCBox was a huge opportunity and my eyes were blinded by the potential. So I reinforced a lesson for myself there.

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #16 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 5:40pm

moneymarketing wrote on 2nd Sep, 2013 at 5:16pm:
Yes, that is something that really bothers me about the site. I have been there almost a year. I am reinvesting almost everything and now most of my rented referrals have between 40 and 120 days before they expire, so I've built quite a bit of time earning into my referrals. If I were to get sick or fall into a coma and not get on the site for a while, I would lose all of that. Is that fair? NO! I think they do that purposely, knowing that many people will stop for a time (not everyone is a lifeless troll like me  Angry)

And here are a few more funny rules..:

Quote:
2.3.      You can only view advertisements using one IP address within a 24 hours period. On the other hand, you can use multiple IP addresses to login. Any attempt to do otherwise may lead to the termination of your account.

What if I use a silly router that crashes and needs restarting every now and then? If it crashes and I don't have a static ip my day's earnings are lost.. but I'm also paying for my refs for this day.. so it's not just a "no-gain" but a loss too..

Quote:
2.9.      You can only use a maximum of 3 distinct computers in a 10 days period to view advertisements. Any attempt to use more than that in that defined period will cause an account suspension.

What will they do? Track our computer parts? What if I'm a techie and like to change parts all the time? Tongue

Quote:
8.2.      All suspended accounts will have all their balances reset, all referrals taken away and no refunds will be given.

"What do you mean why? Well.. just cause.. we CAN..."

Quote:
8.4.      After 30 days of inactivity, your account will be temporarily suspended and permanently suspended after 60 days of inactivity.

In other words.. you're not allowed to go to hospital or holidays for more than 30 days.. lol.. (and according to 2.3 or 2.9 you're not allowed to use other PCs than yours.. or public computers as well..)

Well, to get back to the subject.. sounds weird but I have a referral in nerdbux that clicked 76 ads yesterday!  Shocked
Really how does he do it?!? Man.. it's too bad that they only pay $0.001 / click.. and much less for referral clicks..

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #17 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 6:25pm

Regarding neobux, while there are those rules to prevent abuse, in most cases it's quite harmless or can be solved just by talking to them. I don't think they will actually ban anyone from a failing router with non-static IP. I have used 2 IPs often in the past. If the IPs belong to different countries, however....
And on the whole 3 computer thing, once I had the need to use a 4th one, and they reset the list after I asked them to.
And I believe only the permanently suspended accounts get everything reset. So you're allowed a 60-day coma.  Wink
But yes, there has been at least a case where someone was badly off in a hospital for a lot of time. Thankfully, his mother had acess to Neobux and contacted admin about it and he didn't loose his account. His earnings even helped paying the hospital bills.
This brings us to today's lesson. Let a relative know about your time-sensitive online business for emergencies.  Smiley

Going back on-topic, considering the number of ads they have on Nerdbux it's not surprising to have that many clicks by a referral. The last advertising campaigns for the site said "+80 ads daily".

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #18 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 6:29pm

moneymarketing wrote on 2nd Sep, 2013 at 5:32pm:
An owner with a long term track record is, of course, what tricked us with PTCBox, but I truly think that was an anomaly. Plus, I'm still not sure it was the original MM owner that was running the site and, personally, my biggest mistake was over investing into the upgrades. Had I not done that, I would not have lost anything.

I think your mistake was not the over investing but that you didn't cash out when you had the chance. Maybe you were taking things for granted. And from what I've gathered you weren't exactly promoting the program THAT much either thinking your downline was growing it for you and all. In the future, even if you think you're growing with the program, you should still occasionally cash out some to give yourself a bit of a bite of the carrot before continuing to pull the cart. IMHO.

I personally have no regrets investing in the program. Not only did I make a profit with the program but also that I was still growing in an upward curve just prior to the freeze and all.

I still think it didn't help matters when too many members had this "I just want my money back!" hostility or chip on their shoulder rather than trying to work things out with the admin to the point that the admin may have been just simply scared off or discouraged, etc.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #19 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 6:32pm

dansbanners wrote on 2nd Sep, 2013 at 6:29pm:
I think your mistake was not the over investing but that you didn't cash out when you had the chance. Maybe you were taking things for granted. And from what I've gathered you weren't exactly promoting the program THAT much either thinking your downline was growing it for you and all. In the future, even if you think you're growing with the program, you should still occasionally cash out some to give yourself a bit of a bite of the carrot before continuing to pull the cart. IMHO.

I personally have no regrets investing in the program. Not only did I make a profit with the program but also that I was still growing in an upward curve just prior to the freeze and all.

I still think it didn't help matters when too many members had this "I just want my money back!" hostility or chip on their shoulder rather than trying to work things out with the admin to the point that the admin may have been just simply scared off or discouraged, etc.

Yeah, I also think that was the main problem. It had a cashflow problem due to Paypal, and then caos ensued. It was a bit like a run to the bank. If it was a site of, let's say, the size of Constantbux, it would be easy to get a way around, like what happened with the subscription renewal.
Once you have many thousands of active members and thousands of dollars circulating everyday.... things get complicated fast.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #20 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 6:36pm

moneymarketing wrote on 2nd Sep, 2013 at 3:28am:
Thanks for your honesty. I think I'll hold off a bit for now

Another thing is that we've joined many GOB's programs in the past. Have we done really well with any of them? What makes you think this one will be different? In another word don't be like "head banging against the wall" graphic in here.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #21 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 6:46pm

ruicarlov wrote on 2nd Sep, 2013 at 6:32pm:
Yeah, I also think that was the main problem. It had a cashflow problem due to Paypal, and then caos ensued. It was a bit like a run to the bank. If it was a site of, let's say, the size of Constantbux, it would be easy to get a way around, like what happened with the subscription renewal.
Once you have many thousands of active members and thousands of dollars circulating everyday.... things get complicated fast.

Yes, that's why I don't think it was originally intended as a scam. But some are insisting at looking at it from a negative viewpoint. Or just take the easy way out, just write it off, saying or thinking it was a "scam" period. And they also seem to apply the same logic to other things as well, just thinking it was a scam each time it doesn't work out with a program. Or they'd think negative when they should think positive or vice versa, etc. Cheesy   

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #22 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 6:53pm

What can I say? Humans seem to be wired that way.
It reminds of the medieval times where it was so easy to scream "Witch!" at someone and getting her burned.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #23 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 8:26pm

Exactly, you both (rui+dan) get a +1 from me..

My opinion was always that when you have accumulated such a huge list of loyal members so willing to follow your plans,
it would require a very low IQ brain to decide to scam them.. The other way around would have been way more profitable
for everyone. Unfortunately the "witch" attack tactic, works flawlessly when it comes to PTCs.. If only people were more positive..

Quote:
The last advertising campaigns for the site said "+80 ads daily".

Wow.. that is definitely a great catch for newcomers..
and this is exactly what PTCBox Admin was talking about just before the end..

You can offer people 100 clicks with an earning ratio of $0.001 per click and people go NUTS about it..
Give them 10 cents with 1 click and they'll send you to hell.. while practically it's the exact same thing
considering we're talking about self-sponsored ads.. only it doesn't require such an effort and hours of their time...

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #24 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 10:25pm

dansbanners wrote on 2nd Sep, 2013 at 6:29pm:

No, actually, I was getting good advertising from the program so I had reason to keep the money in there. Plus we were having those click days that were creating so much activity. I enjoyed being a part of that. Overall I didn't lose a lot of money from the big picture perspective and due to the advertising I cash in there I probably have made a profit from the referrals that came from the site

edit: WHOA! I was just checking on some of the advertising I had done for clixsense at PTCBox. One of my ad spots(remember that text link ad board?) has made me over $600!  Shocked So yes, I guess I did make a net profit from PTCBox  Smiley

Another thing was that I was holding back because you were my downline and I didn't want to be referring over top of you. We had a bit of a gentleman's agreement that if you were under me I wouldn't make a big effort in promoting. I was starting to do more advertising around the time of the crash and was getting pretty good sign up rates too. At that point you had a pretty big team and had some momentum so I knew I wouldn't be hurting your market share
« Last Edit: 2nd Sep, 2013 at 10:33pm by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #25 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 11:25pm

Personally I do think Nerdbux is there for the long run and it's not bad to promote and keep an eye on it.

However, I am not too sure on how to promote it, it seems to be a fact that renting referrals is still not really a beneficial move right now unless you are very lucky. On the other hand, with so many ads, a newbie can rent his first ref after 3 days of clicking and then see for himself if it works out or not.

I bought a nerdgrid ad the 15th of July and had 7502 views after one month. At that time there were very few PTC ads so maybe people had more time to click on the grid, I know that now there are so many ads that I don't even click on those daily so I hardly visit the grid.

I think upgrading is interesting once you have a good amount of Direct Referrals, before having built a good downline I don't really see why it would be beneficial to upgrade.

I stopped posting at the forum but the French part after an entire thread was removed without a valid reason, I had posted in it and seeing a post I had made trying to help people and still valid removed without any notice or explanation is something I find rude.
I had asked about commissions to sell ads back then too as there were so few ads to click on and it might boost the sale of ads but I also had the reply that it would cost too much to nerdbux so that wasn't an option right now.

I don't like the 4 clicks a day rule either, it's not because many bux sites apply it that I think it's right, especially since if you are abroad you can't access your account. Belgium is a very small country and I go away often for various reasons, all that time my directs click and I earn nothing simply because am not home and can't click ....

I know Timtech invested in the site and they will stay for a long time but for now I have like a wait and see attitude, once the bunch of ads sold at promotional prize will expire we will see better what the routinal future will be.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #26 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 11:40pm

sophieca wrote on 2nd Sep, 2013 at 11:25pm:
I bought a nerdgrid ad the 15th of July and had 7502 views after one month. At that time there were very few PTC ads so maybe people had more time to click on the grid, I know that now there are so many ads that I don't even click on those daily so I hardly visit the grid.

As for that I could help..

My NerdGrid ad is still active since 13th of August (almost 3 weeks) and has received 6798 clicks so far.
I guess it will be ~10.000 by September 13th.. so it's pretty fair for $5 / month IMO.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #27 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 11:43pm

moneymarketing wrote on 2nd Sep, 2013 at 10:25pm:
edit: WHOA! I was just checking on some of the advertising I had done for clixsense at PTCBox. One of my ad spots(remember that text link ad board?) has made me over $600!  Shocked So yes, I guess I did make a net profit from PTCBox  Smiley

To tell the truth, those are my stats from promoting it in PTCBox:

6,853 signups + $2,899.61!!! Shocked

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #28 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 11:52pm

SolidSnake wrote on 2nd Sep, 2013 at 11:40pm:
As for that I could help..

My NerdGrid ad is still active since 13th of August (almost 3 weeks) and has received 6798 clicks so far.
I guess it will be ~10.000 by September 13th.. so it's pretty fair for $5 / month IMO.

Oh so more people click now, that is good Smiley

It gives you good results in terms of sign ups ?

IP Logged

sophieca

I love being here!

Reply #29 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 11:52pm

dansbanners wrote on 2nd Sep, 2013 at 11:43pm:
To tell the truth, those are my stats from promoting it in PTCBox:

6,853 signups + $2,899.61!!! Shocked

You have 6853 sign ups from prompoting clixsense at ptcbox ?????

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Send Topic Print