Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
MarketGlory.com - Probably from the owners of Anno1777.com - SCAM WARNING! (Read 40301 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
MarketGlory.com - Probably from the owners of Anno1777.com - SCAM WARNING!
9th Sep, 2013 at 10:45pm

I don't know where to put this. It is a 'get paid to' so it could probably go here.

Has anybody researched this?

http://www.marketglory.com/

It is a virtual world where you can turn the virtual currency into real money. It just had it's 2 year anniversary(so that is good from a sustainability perspective)

There is a ton of stuff to read. I'd probably dive in and be a stock trader since that is where I know I could make some cash but there are many ways to earn including referring. 50K+  members already so it has a good sized userbase.

Hmm,  I wonder if you can start an advertising business in that world?  Smiley

You can start virtual businesses.

I don't know, it looks like it could be interesting.

One drawback is the need to be buying food, clothing, housing and 'maintaining your energy levels'. That sounds a bit tedious. I have a hard enough time doing that in the real world  Grin

Anyway, I'd like to hear what people think or may have already heard about the site. I was looking around in their forum and apparently they do take paypal. so they are relatively safe if PP is cool with them.

I was going to join but they ask for a lot of personal info so I wanted to do more research first

Edited:
Edit by SolidSnake :

The program was found to have a bad reputation among the net. Please read below.
« Last Edit: 11th Sep, 2013 at 3:23pm by SolidSnake »  

David

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Re: THIS is interesting
Reply #1 - 10th Sep, 2013 at 3:44am

I actually tried something like this a year or two ago.  (Heard of Anno 1777?)  I saw this at the time, I don't know why I didn't try it.  But between what I remember from that, and what I've seen today, they're hard because you have to build from the ground up.  The system is set up so that you need energy to make much money, and you need money to buy energy, and you only start out with a little or none of each.  I haven't tried investing, I don't know if that would work or not.  Let me know how it turns out.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #2 - 10th Sep, 2013 at 3:58am

Actually it seems interested and fun, but some extensive researching would help us decide.
It works based on Euro which is awesome (earnings are greater) and I can see a couple of big payouts in their homepage..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #3 - 10th Sep, 2013 at 7:27am

zanderpm wrote on 10th Sep, 2013 at 3:44am:
I actually tried something like this a year or two ago.  (Heard of Anno 1777?)  I saw this at the time, I don't know why I didn't try it.  But between what I remember from that, and what I've seen today, they're hard because you have to build from the ground up.  The system is set up so that you need energy to make much money, and you need money to buy energy, and you only start out with a little or none of each.  I haven't tried investing, I don't know if that would work or not.  Let me know how it turns out.

Yes, I thought it might be a bit tedious. I'm wondering if investing 10 or 20 Euro might boost your success in the game. Also, what effect would referring have on your in game success?
« Last Edit: 10th Sep, 2013 at 7:34am by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #4 - 10th Sep, 2013 at 12:21pm

Back when Ano 1777 was quite popular (or at least advertised a lot), I heard a lot of bad feedback. Basically, a couple of Romanian players controlled everything, pretty much like a mafia, and everyone else didn't earn almost anything. The admin tweaked the rules quite often, and people who invested never got their return on investment.  They are quite some scam rumors going around. MarketGlory is the from the same people, so proceed with extreme caution.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #5 - 10th Sep, 2013 at 2:02pm

ruicarlov wrote on 10th Sep, 2013 at 12:21pm:
Back when Ano 1777 was quite popular (or at least advertised a lot), I heard a lot of bad feedback. Basically, a couple of Romanian players controlled everything, pretty much like a mafia, and everyone else didn't earn almost anything. The admin tweaked the rules quite often, and people who invested never got their return on investment.  They are quite some scam rumors going around. MarketGlory is the from the same people, so proceed with extreme caution.

Well, is it really from the same people? Can we read about it somewhere?
One negative thought on this is that it seems to be a bit too time consuming to be profitable..

Btw, I checked the types of players.. there is a type that works mainly for referrers..
so if we get to join one should get this type so that the rest join under him.

Personally I'm more attracted to the roles of the Journalist, Manager, Worker or Shareholder..
I've always loved being an information broker so I guess the Journalist suits me more.. lol..

I noticed zanderpm is already in the game so maybe he could share with us some more info on the
way it goes..

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #6 - 10th Sep, 2013 at 3:02pm

A quick search showed me that Cashtowns and Anno1777 as sister sites (source: cashtowns forum). For MarketGlory I have only seen one instance of someone acusing it of being the same group. Could be bogus,  doesn't it strike you as oddly strange that all of these paid-to games are ALL romanian? If there is no connection at all I would be very much surprised.
Be wary of investing there, that's all. And if free players can't make any money at all even with referrals (like in Anno1777 and Cashtowns), it'd be another bad sign. So be on the look out for that.

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #7 - 10th Sep, 2013 at 6:29pm

Quote:
I'm wondering if investing 10 or 20 Euro might boost your success in the game. Also, what effect would referring have on your in game success?

I'd definitely be interested to see what happens with investment, but not willing to try it myself.  As far as referring, I believe you (MM) should have actually received about $.11 in game money from me as "taxes" on income that I made. I think it'll stay that way as long as no one else attacks me and steals me as a referral.

Quote:
I noticed zanderpm is already in the game so maybe he could share with us some more info on the
way it goes..

I think the way it was explained with the roles is pretty accurate, as it's hard to do more than one or two things at a time and be efficient about it, however, the problem is, about half of the roles are not free to get into.  For example, it usually costs a bunch of money to start a company, which you either have to invest from the real world, or spend a whole lot of time making it in the other, more boring roles, like working and fighting.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #8 - 10th Sep, 2013 at 6:31pm

SolidSnake wrote on 10th Sep, 2013 at 2:02pm:
Well, is it really from the same people? Can we read about it somewhere?
One negative thought on this is that it seems to be a bit too time consuming to be profitable..

Btw, I checked the types of players.. there is a type that works mainly for referrers..
so if we get to join one should get this type so that the rest join under him.

Personally I'm more attracted to the roles of the Journalist, Manager, Worker or Shareholder..
I've always loved being an information broker so I guess the Journalist suits me more.. lol..

way it goes..

Thanks for the info Rui. That is why I love this forum. someone usually knows something regarding the PTC industry. If zander is already in then I don't have a problem joining under him. Keeping him financially healthy will help him to do the same with his site

If he can get a good look around and report back it would be a great benefit to us all.

specifically, how much time each day it takes to stay 'alive' in the site, what would be a good investment level to get a good healthy start in the site and what the benefits of referring are.

The nice thing too is if we were to join as a group we could form some sort of cabal if at all possible. Maybe we could funnel some business to each other

As to rui's cautions, the site is big and has been around two years now so that reduces some of the dangers involved. Most paid-to sites blow up between year one and about year 1.5 if they are a scam. That is about the point where the payout requests get larger than the investments. This one has survived that hurdle but the economics of this type of site might be different than the traditional PTC. So it could be sustainable longer before it blew up

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #9 - 10th Sep, 2013 at 6:35pm

zanderpm wrote on 10th Sep, 2013 at 6:29pm:
I'd definitely be interested to see what happens with investment, but not willing to try it myself.  As far as referring, I believe you (MM) should have actually received about $.11 in game money from me as "taxes" on income that I made. I think it'll stay that way as long as no one else attacks me and steals me as a referral..

Except that....I haven't joined yet(though I kinda like the idea of making money in a program I haven't signed up to yet.. more should be that way)  Smiley

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #10 - 10th Sep, 2013 at 6:36pm

So you already made game money zander? How did you do it?

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #11 - 10th Sep, 2013 at 8:06pm

Well, reading these posts.. it feels a little messy.. lol
I believe zanderpm joined after you opened the thread using the link you provided.. thinking it was a referral link.. and you're he's upline.. it is a funny point of view though and I can probably be very wrong.. Smiley

Either way, zanderpm since you're in.. you could give us a clue about how can somebody earn money within the game..
What do the "boring roles" like working or fighting have to do and what do they earn for that?

IP Logged

zanderpm

I love being here!

Reply #12 - 10th Sep, 2013 at 8:20pm

Quote:
specifically, how much time each day it takes to stay 'alive' in the site, what would be a good investment level to get a good healthy start in the site and what the benefits of referring are.

Well, you can work each day, which only takes a couple of clicks, and then you can fight 10 times, which takes a little longer, because you have to wait something like 10 minutes in between each time.  The real time burner though, I think, is working your way through the site, figuring out what your strategy is.  As for the investment level, I wouldn't even want to take a guess.  My suggestion would be to sign up and use the system for at least a week or two, so that you know how everything works, and where money goes.  (There are a lot of conversions, and a lot of different strategies.)  Then if you feel confident you have a strategy that will work, you'll know about how much to put in.

Quote:
the site is big and has been around two years now so that reduces some of the dangers involved.

I don't think the possibility of a scam is something to worry about so much.  Like you said, they've been around for a while, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were legitimately making a lot of money.  The problem is, there''s so many different ways to do things that it's hard to come up with a functioning strategy.  In a PTC, there may be two or three choices, but it's pretty easy to know what you're supposed to do, but this is a game.  You can "lose"  the game, even if everyone plays fairly.  I think that'll make more sense once you play more too.

Quote:
Except that....I haven't joined yet

I think I joined under the link you posted here.  Maybe something funky happened.  That's ok.

Obviously, anyone's welcome to join under me if you'd like.
Oh, I guess I can't post a referral link here, can I?  Just PM I guess, if you want it.

Quote:
So you already made game money zander? How did you do it?

So the first thing I did was work.  (This is misleading by the way.  The thing said the pay was something like $72.56, but because of the way the math works out, I made $0.14)  Then I fought 10 times, which is the maximum per day.  That earned me $0.10 a piece.  By the end, after taxes, I'm at $0.68 USD.  After a couple days, I'll get a bonus for working 3 days in a row.  I'm hoping that'll be a little more.

Also worth noting, I already own a couple companies, because some of them are free, but that's misleading too, because in order to use them, you have to bu raw materials, which requires gold, which you have to convert in whole numbers, which means probably weeks worth of work.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #13 - 10th Sep, 2013 at 11:39pm

moneymarketing wrote on 10th Sep, 2013 at 6:31pm:
As to rui's cautions, the site is big and has been around two years now so that reduces some of the dangers involved. Most paid-to sites blow up between year one and about year 1.5 if they are a scam. That is about the point where the payout requests get larger than the investments. This one has survived that hurdle but the economics of this type of site might be different than the traditional PTC. So it could be sustainable longer before it blew up

Oh, but they're smarter than that. After all, Anno1777 is stil online. They don't outright disappear. They aparently change rules every so often that makes making money more and more difficult, plus some random bans to people who've climbed up quite a bit.
http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=206867
http://cashtownsscam.wordpress.com/
http://anno1777-scam.blogspot.pt/2012/09/anno1777-possible-fraud-of-anno1777.htm...

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #14 - 11th Sep, 2013 at 2:03am

ruicarlov wrote on 10th Sep, 2013 at 11:39pm:
Oh, but they're smarter than that. After all, Anno1777 is stil online. They don't outright disappear. They aparently change rules every so often that makes making money more and more difficult, plus some random bans to people who've climbed up quite a bit.
http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=206867
http://cashtownsscam.wordpress.com/
http://anno1777-scam.blogspot.pt/2012/09/anno1777-possible-fraud-of-anno1777.htm...

Yes, but this is what I mean. If they start scamming people like that then reports start showing up on the internet. So, even if they last longer than 1.5 years, their negative reputation starts to grow and they find it harder and harder to bring in more 'suckers'

at some point, all it takes is a simple search to know they are bad (or at least have a lot of customer complaints) and run the other way

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print