Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
MarketGlory.com - Probably from the owners of Anno1777.com - SCAM WARNING! (Read 40299 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: THIS is interesting
Reply #15 - 11th Sep, 2013 at 2:10am

ruicarlov wrote on 10th Sep, 2013 at 11:39pm:
Oh, but they're smarter than that. After all, Anno1777 is stil online. They don't outright disappear. They aparently change rules every so often that makes making money more and more difficult, plus some random bans to people who've climbed up quite a bit.
http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=206867
http://cashtownsscam.wordpress.com/
http://anno1777-scam.blogspot.pt/2012/09/anno1777-possible-fraud-of-anno1777.htm...

I see in your first link that market glory is indeed run by the same people so they could be using funds from one of the other sites to sustain MG

OK, they are proven 'rule changers' which is another word for scammers. I'll stay clear of these guys

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: THIS is interesting
Reply #16 - 11th Sep, 2013 at 1:36pm

moneymarketing wrote on 11th Sep, 2013 at 2:03am:
Yes, but this is what I mean. If they start scamming people like that then reports start showing up on the internet. So, even if they last longer than 1.5 years, their negative reputation starts to grow and they find it harder and harder to bring in more 'suckers'

at some point, all it takes is a simple search to know they are bad (or at least have a lot of customer complaints) and run the other way

Well, when put like that.. let's just stay away..
I'll change the title of the thread to "MarketGlory.com Scam" so that it is easily Google-able and move this to the scam section.

Thank you for researching this for us ruicarlov!

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Re: MarketGlory.com - From the owners of Anno1777.com - SCAM WARNING!
Reply #17 - 11th Sep, 2013 at 1:43pm

Well, I didn't say it was outright scam. Like I said, I only found that entry where somebody said it was by the same people as Anno1777. He could be just speculating. MarketGlory may not employ the same tatics as those two other games. I still haven't hear much bad feedback from that game. I'm just suggesting eyes wide open just to make sure they don't pull a fast one on somebody.

Edited:
Okay, so maybe it's really an Anno1777 game: http://wetested.net/marketglory/

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #18 - 11th Sep, 2013 at 3:20pm

ruicarlov wrote on 11th Sep, 2013 at 1:43pm:
Well, I didn't say it was outright scam. Like I said, I only found that entry where somebody said it was by the same people as Anno1777. He could be just speculating. MarketGlory may not employ the same tatics as those two other games. I still haven't hear much bad feedback from that game. I'm just suggesting eyes wide open just to make sure they don't pull a fast one on somebody.

Edited:
Okay, so maybe it's really an Anno1777 game: http://wetested.net/marketglory/

Beside the ones you posted I see them connected in many reviewing sites belonging to individuals..
etc. http://getmoney24-7.blogspot.gr/2013/08/anno-labs-review-result-scam.html

Well, let's see :

Anno1777 and CashTowns both say :

Quote:
Copyright 20xx-2013 Anno1777 Labs Ltd. All rights reserved.

..so they're definitely from the same team.

However MarketGlory says :

Quote:
Copyright © 2011 MarketGlory.com. All rights reserved

Moreover in their T.o.S. it is said :

Quote:
XIV. APPLICABLE LAW AND SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES

The website is controlled by SC Eurosoft SYSTEM SRL, Romania. This Agreement, the use of the website by you and all the associated problems are governed solely by the laws of Romania and applicable law in the European Union, excluding any rules of private international law or conflict of laws which could lead to the application of other laws.

By googling the name SC Eurosoft SYSTEM SRL, I get these details :

Quote:
SC EUROSOFT SYSTEM SRL
County: Maramures
City: Baia Mare
Str. 2B OITUZ BAIA MARE
Postal Code: 430 202
Phone: 0744199190 (Help *)
Fax: -
Fiscal identification code: 29016625
No.. Register of Commerce: J24/752/2011
status society: record dated 23 August 2011
Founded: 2011
Information on 22-Nov-2012

Which are different to Anno1777 details.. so maybe they're not connected.

Either way we can't prove it so far.. though it really seems to be more than just a rumor..
but somehow I feel like staying away now..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #19 - 11th Sep, 2013 at 6:18pm

SolidSnake wrote on 11th Sep, 2013 at 3:20pm:
Beside the ones you posted I see them connected in many reviewing sites belonging to individuals..
etc. http://getmoney24-7.blogspot.gr/2013/08/anno-labs-review-result-scam.html

Well, let's see :

Anno1777 and CashTowns both say :

..so they're definitely from the same team.

However MarketGlory says :

Moreover in their T.o.S. it is said :

By googling the name SC Eurosoft SYSTEM SRL, I get these details :

Which are different to Anno1777 details.. so maybe they're not connected.

Either way we can't prove it so far.. though it really seems to be more than just a rumor..
but somehow I feel like staying away now..

Something is not quite right. In that 'we tested' link it says they started up MG when some members had a disagreement with the anno1777 admins. The thing is, MG is clearly older than the other two. I read that the other two didn't start until 2012. so the stories aren't adding up

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Re: MarketGlory.com - Probably from the owners of Anno1777.com - SCAM WARNING!
Reply #20 - 12th Sep, 2013 at 11:55am

It probably has to do with beta versions and stuff. Those started before 2012

IP Logged

kristinlynnxo
Recruit Member

I love being here!

Reply #21 - 7th Jan, 2014 at 7:27pm

I just found this forum via google and I joined just to tell everyone, yes it is a SCAM!  At least in my experience.   Censored 

I joined maybe 2 months ago and was very excited at the prospect of a simulation/economy game like marketglory.  However, my problem began when I invested $10 Euros, which equals about $14 USD.... they never deposited my money into my game account...so I guess they thought it was a friendly gift.  Yeah right.

There are so many "shady" things I have found on that website - I would recommend staying far far away!

After I invested, I was patient for a couple of days.  After about a week, I emailed them and they said that the deposit takes anywhere from 2-5 business days to take affect.  So I was patient again.  About 2 weeks after not seeing the money I invested I contacted them again.  Their reply was to ask me what game/website I was trying to deposit money into, my real name, email, etc - they acted like they had no idea of what I was talking about.  Keep in mind that upon first contact I sent them all of the paypal transaction proof, my name, username on the game, as well as my email.

I responded with the information they requested and have never heard back from them.  I have repeatedly tried contacting them and..nothing. 

That on top of many other problems in the 'game' is why this is a scam in my opinion.

Another example is their 'Partners Fund' where you can buy a 'share' for .80 Euro.  When the 'Pool' reaches 10,000 the shares are distributed evenly among shareholders.  Sounds awesome right?  Well, as soon as it gets around 9 thousand, it will suddenly drop to 82 or some crazy number.  The reason why is that they just opened a sister game called Goal Tycoon and they admit taking money from the Partners Fund and funding this other game. 

This is just the tip of the iceberg folks!  I could go on and on, but I thought I would share my experience to warn you and others that are trying to make legitimate money online.  I think it is a disgrace, unethical and gives the entire online money making industry a horrible name.  Plus, it makes good people vulnerable to these sites that suck our time and money.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #22 - 7th Jan, 2014 at 7:51pm

Thank you for your valuable input kristinlynnxo and welcome to the forum!
We are a co-operating team and we work together evaluating programs online.
We hope you'll find a lot of useful information here!

Smiley

IP Logged

kristinlynnxo
Recruit Member

I love being here!

Reply #23 - 7th Jan, 2014 at 8:42pm

Thank you & I am happy to stumble upon this forrum! Smiley

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #24 - 7th Jan, 2014 at 9:24pm

kristinlynnxo wrote on 7th Jan, 2014 at 7:27pm:
I just found this forum via google and I joined just to tell everyone, yes it is a SCAM!  At least in my experience.   Censored 

I joined maybe 2 months ago and was very excited at the prospect of a simulation/economy game like marketglory.  However, my problem began when I invested $10 Euros, which equals about $14 USD.... they never deposited my money into my game account...so I guess they thought it was a friendly gift.  Yeah right.

There are so many "shady" things I have found on that website - I would recommend staying far far away!

After I invested, I was patient for a couple of days.  After about a week, I emailed them and they said that the deposit takes anywhere from 2-5 business days to take affect.  So I was patient again.  About 2 weeks after not seeing the money I invested I contacted them again.  Their reply was to ask me what game/website I was trying to deposit money into, my real name, email, etc - they acted like they had no idea of what I was talking about.  Keep in mind that upon first contact I sent them all of the paypal transaction proof, my name, username on the game, as well as my email.

I responded with the information they requested and have never heard back from them.  I have repeatedly tried contacting them and..nothing. 

That on top of many other problems in the 'game' is why this is a scam in my opinion.

Another example is their 'Partners Fund' where you can buy a 'share' for .80 Euro.  When the 'Pool' reaches 10,000 the shares are distributed evenly among shareholders.  Sounds awesome right?  Well, as soon as it gets around 9 thousand, it will suddenly drop to 82 or some crazy number.  The reason why is that they just opened a sister game called Goal Tycoon and they admit taking money from the Partners Fund and funding this other game. 

This is just the tip of the iceberg folks!  I could go on and on, but I thought I would share my experience to warn you and others that are trying to make legitimate money online.  I think it is a disgrace, unethical and gives the entire online money making industry a horrible name.  Plus, it makes good people vulnerable to these sites that suck our time and money.

Thanks for the insight Kristin and welcome to the forum

One question, did you put in a dispute via paypal to get your money back? Doing that or threatening to do that will often get things moving for you

David

IP Logged

kristinlynnxo
Recruit Member

I love being here!

Reply #25 - 7th Jan, 2014 at 10:13pm

Yep, I put in a dispute against them with Paypal and am waiting to hear back.  Hopefully it will get resolved/refunded *fingers crossed*

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #26 - 7th Jan, 2014 at 10:24pm

kristinlynnxo wrote on 7th Jan, 2014 at 10:13pm:
Yep, I put in a dispute against them with Paypal and am waiting to hear back.  Hopefully it will get resolved/refunded *fingers crossed*

That is good to hear. It will probably go in your favor. I'm sure that you are not the only one with disputes with this company. I guess the worst case at this point is if they credit the funds to you account. Then it will probably be impossible to get them out

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #27 - 7th Jan, 2014 at 10:34pm

kristinlynnxo wrote on 7th Jan, 2014 at 8:42pm:
Thank you & I am happy to stumble upon this forrum! Smiley 

Hi kristinlynnxo,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you make a good use of it or find it helpful! Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print