Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Take cover.. I've got a new idea.. :) (Read 4201 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Take cover.. I've got a new idea.. :)
10th Sep, 2013 at 8:57pm

After taking a look at makemoneyonlinehow.org I noticed how that "show me another idea" works and how interesting it could be if I implement it in a whole new system.. Smiley

I could create a site with a rotator kinda like the one in traffic exchanges.
Lead traffic to it just like the Ads Page.. etc from grids.
(This goes beyond the Ads Page though, because people actually do visit your site in a frame, not just view your banner.)

Then allow people to submit their sites for free in it.
In order for their sites to be active in the rotator there could be an activity rule..
like click x sites every week to keep it active.

Also there would be a multiplying system. New members that add their sites in the rotator get X1 chance to be viewed.

For every 20~50 sites visited they get an additional X1 chance etc for a week or something, so the more active a member
is the more his site will be viewed in the rotator by visitors for that week etc. (it will be possible to only browse one day per week)

However members can increase their multipliers without browsing by directly purchasing them
or referring other active members. Etc. :

Refer a member that adds his site and views x sites gets you an additional X2 multiplier for that week.
(And every other week that they stay active)

Additional X5 chance in the rotator could cost $3 / month.
Additional X10 chance in the rotator could cost $5 / month.
Additional X20 chance in the rotator could cost $8 / month.
(There could be no limit on the total multipliers one can have, and top members free-or-paid could be rewarded with bonuses)

The main difference to traffic exchanges is that the traffic will come regardless of how active the
members are.. this solves the problem with dead trafffic exchanges where everyone has credits and
never browses.. so there's no hit delivering..

And it will be nothing as bad as a frustrating 1:1, 2:1, 3:1, etc ratio.. You could browse for example 20 sites a week and
receive thousands for that specific week. All you have to do is keep your site active.

Advertisers might like to get multipliers for better exposure that lasts for a whole month without having to browse any sites..

But also freebie hunters have a good chance in getting multipliers through extended activity but they will also increase
the total hits the rotator receives.. so this benefits the rest of the members as well.

It will not be possible to visit our own site in the rotator so this removes the wasted traffic possibility.. plus there will
be some typical 2 spot banner space on the top of the frame for rent.

It will probably take me about a month of coding.. and I will only be able to start it after by the end of September..
and therefore we have enough time to discuss it and bring more ideas on the table.

So.. tell me your thoughts on this.. pros.. cons.. crazy points.. etc. I'm all ears...!  Smiley
« Last Edit: 10th Sep, 2013 at 9:03pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Re: Take cover.. I've got a new idea.. :)
Reply #1 - 10th Sep, 2013 at 11:25pm

Cover taken

Sorry I had to use yours.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: Take cover.. I've got a new idea.. :)
Reply #2 - 11th Sep, 2013 at 12:52am

ruicarlov wrote on 10th Sep, 2013 at 11:25pm:

"-Huh? What's that box..? Hmm.. send it to the heliport.. and stay alert!"

Hahahaha Epic!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print