Investment plans (Read 32034 times)
ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Re: Investment plans
Reply #15 - 29th Sep, 2013 at 10:00pm

It's not as this section is stealing post from the internet marketing area. There jut hasn't been much to talk about, and here me and money have got an interesting discussion going on (see what I did there Tongue)

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #16 - 30th Sep, 2013 at 2:33pm

It's just that if the latest 10 posts are all from the "Investment" forum it makes it harder to keep track of the internet marketing posts unless there's a way around it?

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #17 - 30th Sep, 2013 at 4:34pm

I usually just check the sections that have the flashing icon. Never even used the latest posts function. Actually, I only noticed that after you mentioned it  Tongue

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #18 - 1st Oct, 2013 at 5:04pm

ruicarlov wrote on 30th Sep, 2013 at 4:34pm:
I usually just check the sections that have the flashing icon. Never even used the latest posts function. Actually, I only noticed that after you mentioned it  Tongue

I find it convenient to use the Latest link. Other forums have something similar as well.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #19 - 1st Oct, 2013 at 5:41pm

ruicarlov wrote on 30th Sep, 2013 at 4:34pm:

Actually I also find it very useful and use it since the beginning. It's much easier this way to track the updated topics.
However maybe it would be about time now to increase the number of the results in the "Latest" command.
That would also prevent losing track when there are a lot of new posts within a day..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #20 - 1st Oct, 2013 at 7:20pm

SolidSnake wrote on 1st Oct, 2013 at 5:41pm:
Actually I also find it very useful and use it since the beginning. It's much easier this way to track the updated topics.
However maybe it would be about time now to increase the number of the results in the "Latest" command.
That would also prevent losing track when there are a lot of new posts within a day..

Yes, I use it too and not having enough of the latest posts in the cache has always been a weakness. Of course, it keeps me checking more often in order to keep up but then that can add to server load. If it could be possible to extend the latest to two or three pages that would be great

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #21 - 2nd Oct, 2013 at 4:19pm

SolidSnake wrote on 1st Oct, 2013 at 5:41pm:

It's less tedious rather than scrolling up and down looking for the new topics or posts.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #22 - 2nd Oct, 2013 at 4:21pm

moneymarketing wrote on 1st Oct, 2013 at 7:20pm:
Yes, I use it too and not having enough of the latest posts in the cache has always been a weakness. Of course, it keeps me checking more often in order to keep up but then that can add to server load. If it could be possible to extend the latest to two or three pages that would be great

Keep it to one page. Perhaps, maybe just extend it to the latest 15 posts or something. As long it's still one page otherwise it becomes more tedious having to click on the "next arrow" in order to get to the next page, etc. Again, just keep it to one page.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #23 - 3rd Oct, 2013 at 12:20am

Fixed to show the latest 20 posts (yep in one page).

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #24 - 3rd Oct, 2013 at 3:07pm

SolidSnake wrote on 3rd Oct, 2013 at 12:20am:
Fixed to show the latest 20 posts (yep in one page).

Ok, it was nice of you. Thanks!

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #25 - 3rd Oct, 2013 at 3:37pm

dansbanners wrote on 3rd Oct, 2013 at 3:07pm:
Ok, it was nice of you. Thanks!

Always a pleasure my friend! Smiley

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #26 - 28th Jan, 2014 at 2:03am

WOW! Total chaos in the markets today. I made 8 trades based on my trading strategy.

To put that in perspective, I usually make, in an average week, one trade every two days  Phew
« Last Edit: 28th Jan, 2014 at 7:55am by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #27 - 28th Jan, 2014 at 2:23pm

moneymarketing wrote on 28th Jan, 2014 at 2:03am:
WOW! Total chaos in the markets today. I made 8 trades based on my trading strategy.

To put that in perspective, I usually make, in an average week, one trade every two days  Phew

Now where has Rui been today..?  Huh

Smiley

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #28 - 28th Jan, 2014 at 6:10pm

I'm a passive investor. I ride the waves up and down and only rebalance once there's a been a significant change in my defined asset allocation percentages.

Markets fell today. No prob. They also rallied during Christmas. It's all about sticking to the plan.  Cool

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #29 - 28th Jan, 2014 at 6:46pm

ruicarlov wrote on 28th Jan, 2014 at 6:10pm:
I'm a passive investor. I ride the waves up and down and only rebalance once there's a been a significant change in my defined asset allocation percentages.

Markets fell today. No prob. They also rallied during Christmas. It's all about sticking to the plan.  Cool

I'm a volatility trader. IOW, I make my money when the markets move. Suffice it to say, we had a lot of volatility yesterday. I bought and sold one security four times as it went up and down my trading scale.

Today, not a peep. It can be like that. It keeps you on your toes but I wouldn't miss it for the world  Smiley

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print