Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Updates on the forum Registration Process + Member Types (Read 4419 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Updates on the forum Registration Process + Member Types
20th Dec, 2013 at 3:27pm

Hi there everyone, based on your feedback I decided to simplify things a little bit for new comers.

I guess I am by nature a bit too-extreme, so I decided to loosen up security a bit, after realising that actual
humans had been having a hard time joining the forum. So from now on things will be somewhat easier.
The fruit check is removed since the custom captcha is intelligent enough to prevent spambots from joining
the forum. Plus there is a hidden HoneyPot check as an additional layer that does not affect humans at all.

Also I decided to remove the whole "Newbie" member category along with all its limitations as I feel it's no longer
necessary.. So from now on, new members will be able to comment on almost all public sections of the forum.
That includes starting new threads, replying to existing ones plus the ability to create polls. Besides there are
two people moderating the forum so we can probaly catch up with possible spam activity cases.

New members will now start posting with the label "Recruit Member" and their name will be grayed out until they
become "Junior Member" at 20 posts.

Also I have added a new post-independent member type called "VIP Sponsor" :

It will be awarded to our members that have been long term customers and they have purchased advertising worth
more than $100 through our services (PTCBox.Me Ads - X-PTCBox Forum Ads). "VIP Sponsor" members will be
granted VIP access without having to reach the 500+ posts requirement unlike the standard "VIP Member" type.

IP Logged

Dav7

Making Money Online since

Portugal
Re: Updates on the forum Registration Process + Member Types
Reply #1 - 20th Dec, 2013 at 3:45pm

you did great, the old rules limited the activity of the new members.

I felt I couldn't do much here, just reply on some sections and now I'm free Smiley

WWW https://www.facebook.com/BlogGanhaFacil  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #2 - 20th Dec, 2013 at 5:24pm

Dav7 wrote on 20th Dec, 2013 at 3:45pm:
you did great, the old rules limited the activity of the new members.

I felt I couldn't do much here, just reply on some sections and now I'm free Smiley

Basically it required just 2 posts to get out of the limits.. but I guess no limits is even better.. Smiley

IP Logged

Jacknz
VIP Sponsor

I love being here!

Reply #3 - 20th Dec, 2013 at 9:52pm

Hello SolidSnake,

Thank you for making me the first recipient of the new "VIP Sponsor" one has already made significant purchases over the last few weeks with your Ad services. One is serious about advertising so I currently have 5 slots taken up with my ads and the ads are for a few months on each of the 5 slots. SpotL1 (currenty have an ad displaying) and spots SpotR1, SpotL2, SpotR2 and SpotL3 have ads in the queue awaiting my display turn. All my banner ads are all custom banners, thought I'd differentiate myself from the rest and hope this translate to more click conversions.

Look forward to future of your ad services and to continue to support this great service as best as I can.

Smiley

Thanks
Jack
« Last Edit: 20th Dec, 2013 at 10:00pm by Jacknz »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print