Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bucks247 - A sucessful Buxhost site (Warnings!) (Read 19296 times)
ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Bucks247 - A sucessful Buxhost site (Warnings!)
31st Dec, 2013 at 12:41am

I took notice of this site recently since it's a buxhost site that's been running for 3 years. That's no small feat and just comes to show even Buxhost sites can survive without going under.

zander, you'd better bring your notebook and start studying  Grin

But really, it might be interesting for advertising. Not so much for clicking, since it's not a big payer, but the advertising prices look really cheap. Plus they've got memberships tailored for promoters and advertisers. Check this out http://bucks247-forum.com/_static/memberships.png

The advertiser and affiliates keep the same click values as a standard member, but advertiser gets 10% bonus on all funds added to account, while affiliate gets 10% comissions and upgrades made by referrals.
I feel there's some potential here, don't you?
All we need to know is how many hits they can deliver. But with Grid prices as low as 2.75$ per month (4-months Adgrid) there's a chance it might be cost-effective.
« Last Edit: 28th Apr, 2016 at 1:15am by SolidSnake »  

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Re: Bucks247 - A sucessful Buxhost site
Reply #1 - 4th Jan, 2014 at 3:39pm

I completely missed Snake was already on this. And here I was, joining under a complete stranger... aw, well. I can always ditch this account and create a new one with a different mail once my ad expires...

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #2 - 21st Mar, 2016 at 12:39pm

It seems Bucks247.com has been facing serious lag issues lately and since it was one of my main sources (100.000+ visitors monthly), my own traffic has dropped accordingly.. Undecided
I hope they get resolved soon because I have 6 different yearly campaigns active there..  Smiley

I'll be monitoring admin's actions there for a while..

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #3 - 5th Apr, 2016 at 1:47pm

Two days ago since it was a full week before the last update, I tried to ask again in the forum if we have an update from buxhost but the result was my thread to be moved under a previous locked thread and got another almost copied reply stating:

"We will announce new information once we have something to announce. Unfortunately still we know as much as we told you: hosting problems."

I am wondering about buxhost.. normally a hosting-scripting company of that scale should be able to handle such tasks in 1 or 2 days..
Especially when they specialize in PTCs that have a high failing rate when such things happen and last more than 2 days..

Sure, lagging issues means inability to handle excessive traffic.
Only that happens gradually and before it gets too bad there is plenty of time to upgrade their servers in order to prevent it.

So my point is... why haven't they solved it for almost a month now..?
I was wondering if there is a way to ask the buxhost staff directly..

Edited:
Well.. I fired away and asked in the buxhost support section.
Maybe they will provide no info but maybe they will..
I have nothing to lose there so, let's see...
« Last Edit: 5th Apr, 2016 at 2:09pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #4 - 5th Apr, 2016 at 3:39pm

This EmoneySpace thread may be helpful --> http://www.emoneyspace.com/forum/index.php/topic,398084.0.html

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #5 - 6th Apr, 2016 at 2:23am

venkat wrote on 5th Apr, 2016 at 3:39pm:
This EmoneySpace thread may be helpful --> http://www.emoneyspace.com/forum/index.php/topic,398084.0.html

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Feeling beat up Feeling beat up Feeling beat up
Smiley

So far we've had unstable programs, scamming admins then payment processors and now we even got scamming hosts?
What's next? Scamming internet service providers? Dont know

This world feels like a huge scam at such times...

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #6 - 6th Apr, 2016 at 4:05am

SolidSnake wrote on 6th Apr, 2016 at 2:23am:
Smiley Smiley Smiley
Feeling beat up Feeling beat up Feeling beat up
Smiley

So far we've had unstable programs, scamming admins then payment processors and now we even got scamming hosts?
What's next? Scamming internet service providers? Dont know

This world feels like a huge scam at such times...

Smiley

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #7 - 6th Apr, 2016 at 3:21pm

moneymarketing wrote on 6th Apr, 2016 at 4:05am:
Smiley

Come on.. I am at least trying to be a little melodramatic here.. and you're laughing at me..  Embarrassed Tongue Grin

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #8 - 6th Apr, 2016 at 7:35pm

SolidSnake wrote on 6th Apr, 2016 at 3:21pm:
Come on.. I am at least trying to be a little melodramatic here.. and you're laughing at me..  Embarrassed Tongue Grin

I was laughing because it seems like you hit 'the wall'. With your Greece comments you seem to be realizing that most of the world is a scam. It is a sign you are getting older  Smiley

It seems the internet is accelerating that experience

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #9 - 25th Apr, 2016 at 9:43pm

More negative vibes from Bucks247 admin...

I tried contacting him to kindly request a refund for my last purchase since the site is going deeper in the "Under Maintenance" abyss and delivering almost no traffic.

I didn't mention the Buxhost news at all, just that I am not happy with my purchase and that I wouldn't like to involve PayPal.

I also requested a refund only on my last purchase that I did AFTER the problems started just to help with the whole process and show that I still trust him in long term. I have 3 purchases that are within the PayPal disputes valid period ($20, $20 and $17) but only requested a refund on the one that was placed after the problems that is not paying off at all (and will probably never will) which was also the smaller one..

I even asked him to take back the bonus $8 he granted me (due to the monthly advertising contest) from my purchase balance (as I didn't touch it for this reason)..

And all I got is that he's covered by his T.o.S. to not refund me. Smiley
I don't want to open a PayPal dispute but it seems that I will soon have no choice.. Dont know

Even good old sites end up backstabbing me these days.. first CashNHits, now Bucks247...

IP Logged

venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Reply #10 - 26th Apr, 2016 at 6:29am

Probably he has gone empty. He might have put all resources into the site, but buxhost stranded him.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #11 - 26th Apr, 2016 at 1:14pm

venkat wrote on 26th Apr, 2016 at 6:29am:
Probably he has gone empty. He might have put all resources into the site, but buxhost stranded him.

But still, he has provided no info on his site yet.. and ditches questions about what's happening..

So, if he knew that buxhost is closing, he should at least prevent users from spending more on the site..

This way it is like he's trying to collect what he can before the bomb explodes with everyone in..

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: Bucks247 - A sucessful Buxhost site (Warnings!)
Reply #12 - 5th Jul, 2016 at 2:19am

I logged in the forum, and noticed that my posts regarding how the site is doing were completely removed..

The site is not opening at all now, and looking at my logs, I noticed that I've only received 2 clicks from Bucks247.com during June, so the site must have turned off somewhere along the start of the month..

So, it's kind of safe to assume that the site is a goner for good now.. Undecided

Too bad of a luck for such a successful PTC site.. I hope this become a lesson for other PTC owners from now on..

Never trust a provider that doesn't provide access to your own database..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print