Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Top10-PTC.. be careful with it.. (Read 6178 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Top10-PTC.. be careful with it..
7th Jan, 2014 at 7:40pm

Well, I was hoping I'd never have to open this thread.. but I'm afraid I have to.
It is one of the most popular among the PTC industry. The guys behind it came up with a brilliant idea,
and thankfully they got the funding required to get it online.

For years I've been a huge fan of this site, it has been one of my most successful sources for direct referrals,
and I've used it a lot of times with PTCBox.com in the past, having been very successful with it every single time.

Furthermore they even inspired me when I opened my ads page..

However over the past few months I've been trying to contact them to request support as an advertiser.
I intended to advertise on their left column banner spots and was asking for some more detailed instructions
on how they work since the programs sponsored change spots every now and then. So I've opened support
tickets to request more info but they were not replied even after months.. I kept on using their right column
with custom banners and they've worked fine most of the times. I experienced a few delays but still I was
rather happy with the results so I didn't bother.

Now about a month ago I noticed that they offered discounts to an emailing list so I decided to sign up for it.
That worked fine, as I started receiving frequent discounted offers as it was expected to happen.

Therefore I decided to use such an offer and purchased advertising at the 10th of December 2013.

The first negative vibe was not to receive any confirmation email that they received my order just like I normally did before.
I decided to contact them to see if there was anything wrong with my order. After a couple of days with no reply I decided to ask again.. so I sent them another support request. After more days they still did not reply to me.. so I sent them a 3rd one indicating that if I didn't get their reply then I would have to ask PayPal to investigate my order..

Days kept on passing by and my order was not being processed neither were any of my tickets.. So after some more days I decided to open a dispute to PayPal hoping that this would draw their attention to my case.. Unfortunately it has now been more than half a month since I opened the dispute and still they have not shown any signs of co-operation.

Now PayPal has sent me an email suggesting that I should consider escalating to a claim soon to ensure that my case remains eligible for PayPal review. I have been trying hard to avoid this, but unfortunately it looks like I have no choice..

It is sad that such a great site allowed this to happen, and I'm not actually worried about my money.
If they offered me my advertising even after all this long I would still accept it but it seems they just won't.

So, I would like to share this experience with you as a small warning about this site.
They have been legit and served me well for so many years.. but it seems that they're through some kind of trouble now.

I'll give this a few more days.. and will act before Januray 11th.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: Top10-PTC.. be careful with it..
Reply #1 - 7th Jan, 2014 at 9:27pm

You have dealt fairly with them. Fire away!  Smiley

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #2 - 12th Jan, 2014 at 5:00am

Well, my time run out, I escalated to a claim and 2 days later here is the result :

Quote:
Status
This claim has been decided in your favor and you'll receive a refund.

What happens next

Please allow up to 7 days for the refund to appear in your account. Once the refund is complete, the case will be closed.

I'm not sure if my case was a rare one or if it is usual lately.. so if there are more members winning their disputes like this then,
the site will soon be in trouble..

Anyway, like I said.. just be careful with Top10-PTC..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #3 - 12th Jan, 2014 at 5:42pm

SolidSnake wrote on 12th Jan, 2014 at 5:00am:
Well, my time run out, I escalated to a claim and 2 days later here is the result :

I'm not sure if my case was a rare one or if it is usual lately.. so if there are more members winning their disputes like this then,
the site will soon be in trouble..

Anyway, like I said.. just be careful with Top10-PTC..

Good news and bad news. Good for you that (edit)you won but bad that someone else is failing out there. Maybe his business model isn't working and that is the reason everything else is falling apart
« Last Edit: 12th Jan, 2014 at 8:21pm by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #4 - 12th Jan, 2014 at 8:44pm

moneymarketing wrote on 12th Jan, 2014 at 5:42pm:
Good news and bad news. Good for you that (edit)you won but bad that someone else is failing out there. Maybe his business model isn't working and that is the reason everything else is falling apart

Maybe it's also a question of not joining too many programs. The more programs you join, the more likely you'll come across programs like the above.

That rather than spreading out too thin, going from one ptc or bux program to another, focus more on growing in programs you're already a member of such as YGP, BoB, CS, etc.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #5 - 12th Jan, 2014 at 9:01pm

dansbanners wrote on 12th Jan, 2014 at 8:44pm:
Maybe it's also a question of not joining too many programs. The more programs you join, the more likely you'll come across programs like the above.

That rather than spreading out too thin, going from one ptc or bux program to another, focus more on growing in programs you're already a member of such as YGP, BoB, CS, etc.

This wasn't a program. This was an ad site similar to SS' ad page

see here:

http://top10-ptc.com/

David

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print