SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: Paypal you weasels
Reply #30 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 11:31am

moneymarketing wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 7:31am:
I tried to do it when this whole mess started but they wouldn't let me because a payment was still pending. Once that all clear up I will try it again and it should work. I don't know what that will do to my account status

It might raise some suspicion but I don't think it should be much of a big deal.. Usually they mostly care about withdrawing remarkably large amounts at a higher speed rate than usual..

Quote:
and about the referral skimming SS. Maybe you can help clear this up since you know programming. Would it be possible for a site to divert referrals from your affiliate link? For example, say I had 100 referrals coming in to my link, could a PO set something up whereby only 50 were credited to my account and 50 went to the PO himself?

I think it's obvious that it is quite easy to implement that.. I think it would take me like 5 minutes.. Smiley
I could also do it based on a controllable "random" scale so that it wouldn't even raise suspicion..

Either way it's not sth one can actually check... unless you refer specific people and they confirm that they've used your referral link and end up in someone else's downline.. that could be a complication for them but they can always "fix" it by assigning them to you.

Are you talking about the PayPal referring system here, or is that a generic question?

Edited:
Well, I couldn't stop myself so here you go  Cheesy :

http://www.ptcbox.me/refer_test.php?referrer=moneymarketing
This is a referral link, notice how your username parameter is entered as a "referrer" parameter that the code will process.
You can change it manually in the address bar of your browser..

If no username is inserted then it will simply show "unreferred". Test it out by refreshing the page and you'll see what I mean.
« Last Edit: 19th Sep, 2014 at 11:52am by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #31 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 2:26pm

and about the referral skimming SS. Maybe you can help clear this up since you know programming. Would it be possible for a site to divert referrals from your affiliate link? For example, say I had 100 referrals coming in to my link, could a PO set something up whereby only 50 were credited to my account and 50 went to the PO himself?

Why you're even making an issue of it at this point? Focus on the positives, growth and team. Wink

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #32 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 2:38pm

That you're still talking about it kinda reinforces my point about "how your mind works". However, I'm still willing to give you the benefit of a doubt, partly for the sake of the team, that your opinion of paypal is 100% justified and that they're just doing this to you particularly on purpose and not to many other paypal users and that there's also a 0 % chance of misunderstanding somewhere, etc... Roll Eyes

Like I said before, as long you're able to make up for it with other processors and that it doesn't affect the team, let's move on...

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #33 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 2:54pm

moneymarketing wrote on 18th Sep, 2014 at 10:12pm:
Wow, you are really on a tear today aren't you? Are these the same GOB's that you refuse to do business with because they exploit people?

Yes they are

They didn't exploit us. We took responsibility in joining their programs and learned from experience not to do it again.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #34 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 2:57pm

Wow, you are really on a tear today aren't you? Are these the same GOB's that you refuse to do business with because they exploit people?

Yes they are

Part of the point, is that I recall their telling you to take responsibility for a mistake that you made. It's easier to change yourself than it is to try to change others. If you keep absolving yourself from any responsibility and keep blaming others, you'll prevent yourself from growing.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #35 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 3:19pm

I really don't see the point of arguing over something that we can't officially prove..
PayPal could be 100% legit or even 100% scam.. we can't really know.

Either way we are kinda stuck with using it, since it's still #1 Payment processor all over the world.
We all have our own opinions on PayPal, and each one can decide how he's gonna use it.

If MM is facing problems with them, even if he's the only one in this case, of course he has to figure out how to "deal" with it and removing his bank account could be helpful for his own case.

For the rest of us that have no involvement it's good to have the knowledge of this event, even though it doesn't really affect our own transactions.

What I mean is, let's let MM do what he feels is right for his own co-operation with PayPal.
It's a good thing that he shares that info with us.

Even if we disagree with his actions, it's not really our business, plus it's not on us to judge if they're right or wrong..
However it's good to read any updates of the case for our own information and knowledge expanding.. and all.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #36 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 4:08pm

Yes they are

Just cause we felt we didn't get the value for the money mean they exploited us. They had a business to run. Don't forget the traffic industry was also new at the time and all.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #37 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 4:11pm

SolidSnake wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 3:19pm:
Either way we are kinda stuck with using it, since it's still #1 Payment processor all over the world.

Yes. That's why I feel it's best we deal with them. However if mm feels he can make up for it with other processors then good luck to him!

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #38 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 4:18pm

SolidSnake wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 3:19pm:
I really don't see the point of arguing over something that we can't officially prove..
PayPal could be 100% legit or even 100% scam.. we can't really know.

Some of it is not so much about arguing about paypal, paypal just happens to be the most current or recent example, but also that I'm just trying to get mm to see his ways, it's been going on for some time.

But I guess there comes a point whereas I'd just have to follow my own advice "it's easier to change yourself than to try to change others" and let things go and hope for the best...

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #39 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 5:53pm

dansbanners wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 2:54pm:
They didn't exploit us. We took responsibility in joining their programs and learned from experience not to do it again.

didn't exploit us? These were the same guys that gave us nerdbux(and all the new launches from that platform) in case anyone is curious

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #40 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 6:03pm

SolidSnake wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 11:31am:
It might raise some suspicion but I don't think it should be much of a big deal.. Usually they mostly care about withdrawing remarkably large amounts at a higher speed rate than usual..

I think it's obvious that it is quite easy to implement that.. I think it would take me like 5 minutes.. Smiley
I could also do it based on a controllable "random" scale so that it wouldn't even raise suspicion..

Either way it's not sth one can actually check... unless you refer specific people and they confirm that they've used your referral link and end up in someone else's downline.. that could be a complication for them but they can always "fix" it by assigning them to you.

Are you talking about the PayPal referring system here, or is that a generic question?

Edited:
Well, I couldn't stop myself so here you go  Cheesy :

http://www.ptcbox.me/refer_test.php?referrer=moneymarketing
This is a referral link, notice how your username parameter is entered as a "referrer" parameter that the code will process.
You can change it manually in the address bar of your browser..

If no username is inserted then it will simply show "unreferred". Test it out by refreshing the page and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks for that because we weren't sure on the point. Now that that is cleared up I'll give you an example of how I was being 'paranoid'.

There was a site we were both in. It was a great site and had it run as was promised would have been very lucrative. I started promoting it. I was getting one paid referral per about 5000 hits. This was consistent over many ad campaigns.

That was all going fine and then I got to the payout threshold and the point where I was able to earn an income from the site. On the very next campaign from the same site my referring stats went from 1 in 5,000 to 1 in 50,000!. After that, it was also impossible for us to get a payout even though he was making a net profit on every position of ours.

So what am I supposed to think?

Dan calls me paranoid. I call it skimming and fudging with the numbers. This also had happened in many sites over the years at that point. The minute you reached threshold the site or your referral rate evaporated. It was the referralbot of that time but of course I had no way to prove it

Gee, I wonder why I'm so negative on this industry?
« Last Edit: 19th Sep, 2014 at 6:33pm by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #41 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 6:05pm

dansbanners wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 2:57pm:
Part of the point, is that I recall their telling you to take responsibility for a mistake that you made. It's easier to change yourself than it is to try to change others. If you keep absolving yourself from any responsibility and keep blaming others, you'll prevent yourself from growing.

Yes, I remember that well Dan. They were saying that if I wasn't willing to invest 10k with them and take responsibility for my marketing I would get no where. At least I still have my 10K

anybody willing to invest cash with the former owners of nerdbux

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #42 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 6:09pm

dansbanners wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 2:26pm:
Why you're even making an issue of it at this point? Focus on the positives, growth and team. Wink

We disputed the point way back then and never had the issue resolved. Now we know that it is possible.

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #43 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 6:20pm

dansbanners wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 2:38pm:
That you're still talking about it kinda reinforces my point about "how your mind works". However, I'm still willing to give you the benefit of a doubt, partly for the sake of the team, that your opinion of paypal is 100% justified and that they're just doing this to you particularly on purpose and not to many other paypal users and that there's also a 0 % chance of misunderstanding somewhere, etc... Roll Eyes

Like I said before, as long you're able to make up for it with other processors and that it doesn't affect the team, let's move on...

You aren't even listening. I never said I was going to stop using them. I said I was going to do everything in my power to block their access to my bank account. Maybe then they will honor my customer request to let me pay how I want to pay.

I also did not say I was 100% right. I did acknowledge my mistakes but in this example I made absolutely sure that I selected the right option because it just happened earlier in the week. I know my memory is not what it used to be but it is not that bad yet

As for doing this to me personally? Maybe you don't understand how paypal works and how it treats some customers. It is legendary. 59,000 people on facebook like this site. Maybe you should read some horror stories from some really disgruntled customers

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #44 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 6:31pm

dansbanners wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 4:18pm:
Some of it is not so much about arguing about paypal, paypal just happens to be the most current or recent example, but also that I'm just trying to get mm to see his ways, it's been going on for some time.

But I guess there comes a point whereas I'd just have to follow my own advice "it's easier to change yourself than to try to change others" and let things go and hope for the best...

'cept that 90% of the programs crash and burn. So I'm only right 90% of the time? I can live with that  Grin

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print