SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: Paypal you weasels
Reply #45 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 7:25pm

moneymarketing wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 6:03pm:
Thanks for that because we weren't sure on the point. Now that that is cleared up I'll give you an example of how I was being 'paranoid'.

There was a site we were both in. It was a great site and had it run as was promised would have been very lucrative. I started promoting it. I was getting one paid referral per about 5000 hits. This was consistent over many ad campaigns.

Which site was that btw? I might have been in that as well..

Quote:
That was all going fine and then I got to the payout threshold and the point where I was able to earn an income from the site. On the very next campaign from the same site my referring stats went from 1 in 5,000 to 1 in 50,000!. After that, it was also impossible for us to get a payout even though he was making a net profit on every position of ours.

So what am I supposed to think?

Dan calls me paranoid. I call it skimming and fudging with the numbers. This also had happened in many sites over the years at that point. The minute you reached threshold the site or your referral rate evaporated. It was the referralbot of that time but of course I had no way to prove it

Well, just like you say there's no way to prove such stuff.. it comes up to how much you trust someone will do it or not..

However, speaking of numbers, if in the beginning it was 1 in 5000 and later on it went to 1 in 50000 it's also not impossible to be a coincidence..
When a program has a small membership database with less than 100 active promoters it might work that well..
But if it becomes popular and it reaches a point of 1000+ active promoters it's kinda normal to drop 1/10 in conversions as the competition rises 10x times as well.. That's why we usually say that it's good to get in early..

I can't say for sure about the program you're talking about, but that's a possibility.

As for bots, it's an unfortunate event they got introduced in this industry.
What I personally think about it is that Neobux was the first to implement them along with the renting system + masked usernames (for the members' security..). If you think about it was the perfect plan..

Members were already too excited about it, especially members that didn't know how to promote or how to maintain a downline.
Masked usernames made it difficult to keep track, and everyone started getting dozens of them daily. I also believe that he made "good use" of bots by implementing variation techniques (it's another 5 minute coding job) to make their activity indistinguishable from how an actual clicker would work like. After some time working with them they would probably not be needed any longer as real members would be enough to replace them.

Still, the neobux script was custom since the beginning so there's no actual way to know what is happening there, and of course I might be paranoid as well..  It's understandable as I have no proof.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #46 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 7:41pm

Quote:
Gee, I wonder why I'm so negative on this industry?

As for this unfortunately it has been going like this since like ever so it's not that weird.
There are much less legit people in the world than scammers, especially in this fragile industry.

However, all I can say is what you have told me a couple of years ago.. :
"We are both fighters in this world, so hang in there buddy!" Smiley

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #47 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 9:20pm

moneymarketing wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 6:31pm:
'cept that 90% of the programs crash and burn. So I'm only right 90% of the time? I can live with that  Grin

sometime it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, the more you perceive yourself that way, the more it's likely to happen

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #48 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 9:20pm

SolidSnake wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 7:25pm:

Advertise to earn team

Quote:
Well, just like you say there's no way to prove such stuff.. it comes up to how much you trust someone will do it or not..

However, speaking of numbers, if in the beginning it was 1 in 5000 and later on it went to 1 in 50000 it's also not impossible to be a coincidence..
When a program has a small membership database with less than 100 active promoters it might work that well..
But if it becomes popular and it reaches a point of 1000+ active promoters it's kinda normal to drop 1/10 in conversions as the competition rises 10x times as well.. That's why we usually say that it's good to get in early..

I can't say for sure about the program you're talking about, but that's a possibility..

The more important factor is the feeder program. If you have a large pool of potential referrals that are being increased each day, they can keep the site growing. A good example is clixsense and neobux. I can still put an ad on NB for CS and expect a certain number of referrals. It is not cost effective but it is entirely predictable and the bigger the feeder site, the more consistent the results. This site had around 10K members (and Dan and I were referring most of them) so, if what you say is true, then CS would have ceased taking in members a long time ago. The feeder market is very important (then there is the old 'more people are turning 18' analogy  Smiley)

That said, I was advertising it in some pretty consistent sites for getting referrals. I think it was MFS, donkey mails and CS. Those programs are no slouches when it comes to referring member even today.

Even if it did drop off, it would not drop off that fast. In all my years of advertising I have never seen stats fall off a cliff like that. It is either very little or a steady stream (assuming the feeder is healthy and growing). And it wasn't like it was being advertised everywhere. With Paidverts for example, you see it everywhere. So it is reasonable to assume that results will get worse. Even so, I'm averaging about 1 referral per day from the sites I use for advertising and PV has added over 60,000 members since then

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #49 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 9:22pm

dansbanners wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 9:20pm:
sometime it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, the more you perceive yourself that way, the more it's likely to happen

I knew it was my fault!  Dont know

That sounds more like philosophy than truth and it doesn't line up with my experience

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #50 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 9:28pm

moneymarketing wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 5:53pm:
didn't exploit us? These were the same guys that gave us nerdbux(and all the new launches from that platform) in case anyone is curious

and did I join...?

No, cause I took responsibility and learned from my experience or mistakes.

And rather than looking at it from a "THEY'RE OUT TO GET ME!" perspective, I simply looked at it from a professional, methodical point of view and didn't join their program

Besides didn't I also warn or constructively advise you guys to perhaps maybe also not to join too many bux programs?

Then according to your logic, PTS has also exploited you. Yet you keep insisting on having a positive opinion of the program. It's how you put a spin on it.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #51 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 9:30pm

moneymarketing wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 9:22pm:
I knew it was my fault!  Dont know

That sounds more like philosophy than truth and it doesn't line up with my experience

Then how do you account that there has been some marketers right under your nose, that has as constructively put has had better success than you do up to this point? Do you think perhaps maybe the "way they thought" could have had something to do with it? Or is it just all 100% luck?

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #52 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 9:34pm

We're wasting time. We're going around in circles, maybe it's best to lock this topic and move on. And I apologize for adding to it and all.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #53 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 10:29pm

dansbanners wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 9:30pm:
Then how do you account that there has been some marketers right under your nose, that has as constructively put has had better success than you do up to this point? Do you think perhaps maybe the "way they thought" could have had something to do with it? Or is it just all 100% luck?

Maybe they're better marketers Dan. It is not just about throwing money at something and thinking happy thoughts. Just because it works for one person doesn't mean it will work for all or we'd all be marketers obviously. Some people have the ability to connect with people. Others don't and no amount of happy thoughts are going to change that

Do you honestly think if we all sit in a circle and chant kumbaya that the world will beat a path to our door and give us gold?

If it makes you feel better crowing about your superiority in the marketing arena then go ahead. I hear that kind of garbage all the time but I certainly don't respect the crow. This life isn't about competing and winning. We're all dead at the end and then what do you have? Trophies?

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #54 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 10:32pm

dansbanners wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 9:34pm:
We're wasting time. We're going around in circles, maybe it's best to lock this topic and move on. And I apologize for adding to it and all.

why such a control freak? You don't have to reply. So if you don't like the debate then you start censoring people? That sounds like a winning attitude. And this is the problem I have with that stuff. You have people who might be successful in one area of their life and they think they are king of the world and everyone has to bow to them?

Do you give to charity Dan? I'm just curious

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #55 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 11:13pm

moneymarketing wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 10:32pm:
Do you give to charity Dan? I'm just curious

Actually I do and that's part of my motivation, so I could give more.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #56 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 11:16pm

moneymarketing wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 10:32pm:
why such a control freak? You don't have to reply. So if you don't like the debate then you start censoring people?

I just thought it would be best for the team to move on cause we're not accomplishing anything here. Let's just pick up where we left off and move on. That's all.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #57 - 19th Sep, 2014 at 11:25pm

SolidSnake wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 7:25pm:

Some of it could simply be ad saturation. For instance, if you were to purchase an ad for 1,000 clicks and got about 10 or 15 referrals from it.

And then purchased the same ad shortly afterwards in the same program, also for 1,000 clicks but only got 2 to 3 referrals the second time.

Doesn't necessarily mean you were "skimmed". It could simply be that the novelty of the new ad or even program had worn off. Or that it's some of the very same clickers that had joined the first time, also clicked on the ad the second time.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #58 - 20th Sep, 2014 at 3:31pm

dansbanners wrote on 19th Sep, 2014 at 11:25pm:
Some of it could simply be ad saturation. For instance, if you were to purchase an ad for 1,000 clicks and got about 10 or 15 referrals from it.

And then purchased the same ad shortly afterwards in the same program, also for 1,000 clicks but only got 2 to 3 referrals the second time.

Doesn't necessarily mean you were "skimmed". It could simply be that the novelty of the new ad or even program had worn off. Or that it's some of the very same clickers that had joined the first time, also clicked on the ad the second time.

except that, at the same time, I started having problems getting him to pay out. He stopped answering my emails which you refused to believe and said there must have been a mistake somewhere. He was still answering yours and you got him to pay me (being my upline and all). This led you to accuse me of thinking he was 'out to get me'......and then he started doing the same thing to you, not paying and not answering emails

So you keep saying that I'm thinking that people are out to get 'me' when that is a total falsehood. When I bring these thing up it is because the PO has changed their behavior and treating one person badly does not affect his program. I say this because it is a sign that something has changed internally and most of the time I am right because the program quickly goes downhill from there (obviously because he is treating many people that way). What I have discovered about my life is that I am a great test of people's character. How they treat me is usually a sign of what is going on inside their heads. Yes, I can be abrasive and yes, I have made many mistakes, but usually I am fair when dealing with people and I usually give them more than they deserve or would give back to me based on my philosophy

I guess weasels sense that and thus start on me right away

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #59 - 20th Sep, 2014 at 10:41pm

Ok, guys, past is past, it makes no sense letting such things get us down now.
We've been together for a bunch of years and we all know each other's weak spots but also strong spots as well.
We are a team so we'd better focus on the strong points of each other.

I love Dan's sixth sense that detects scams and his advice that most of the times sounds like my conscience's voice,
I also love MM's constant support and generosity, without him I couldn't have achieved a lot of things here,
and of course I also love Rui's and Venkat's team spirit and sense of humor.. they always tend to make my day.  Smiley

And yep, I sometimes hate myself for being too spontaneous, emotional and terribly stubborn..  Angry Feeling beat up
But please bear with me on that one.. you probably know one or two things I can be good at..

So, let's not allow such stuff get between us..

If you know something tends to cause a burnout in someone else's head please avoid it..
And also if you get that burnout from something someone else said please avoid exploding..

So.. with these said I'll just lock this thread for now and MM can reopen it once he has an update on the PayPal matter.
Sorry, and we'd better focus on other topics that could use more attention maybe..  Smiley

(If someone would like to reply to me on this please use a PM)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print