Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Paypal you weasels (Read 53369 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Paypal you weasels
17th Jul, 2014 at 7:43am

Now they have taken to putting the payment method below the viewing window but keep the pay now button above it. They have caught me a couple times and stung my bank account this way. I prefer to pay with credit card but they always try to sneak the payment through my bank account in order to save themselves transaction fees.

I wonder how many of their customers(do they even know what that word means?) they have harmed by doing this. I can imagine how much grief and NSF charges they have caused people.

I hope they get sued in a class action one of these days for that

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: Paypal you weasels
Reply #1 - 17th Jul, 2014 at 3:54pm

moneymarketing wrote on 17th Jul, 2014 at 7:43am:
Now they have taken to putting the payment method below the viewing window but keep the pay now button above it. They have caught me a couple times and stung my bank account this way. I prefer to pay with credit card but they always try to sneak the payment through my bank account in order to save themselves transaction fees.

I wonder how many of their customers(do they even know what that word means?) they have harmed by doing this. I can imagine how much grief and NSF charges they have caused people.

I hope they get sued in a class action one of these days for that

Well, I've never connected my bank account to PayPal because I've never felt too safe with them.. so I only have my credit/debit cards as payment options and have never faced this issue you are talking about.. Undecided

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #2 - 17th Jul, 2014 at 4:02pm

Calm down moneymarketing, focus on the positives.

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #3 - 17th Jul, 2014 at 4:24pm

I don't think I can make payments using the bank account. I must top it up first, and it takes around 3 days. Other than that, only balance or credit cards. So I've never faced that kind of problem. What I have faced is that I must empty my wallet of the currency I'm using in the purchase, otherwise they'll use the balance and not the credit card.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #4 - 17th Jul, 2014 at 5:16pm

ruicarlov wrote on 17th Jul, 2014 at 4:24pm:
What I have faced is that I must empty my wallet of the currency I'm using in the purchase, otherwise they'll use the balance and not the credit card.

But that is actually good, isn't it?
Why would you want to pay through a credit/debit card if you can simply use your PayPal balance?

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #5 - 17th Jul, 2014 at 7:36pm

In one word: cashback!

I use credit cards that give me back 1%-5% of the value of my purchases. Why buy online using euros in my balance, when I can use my Amex Blue card, and get 5% back?  Wink

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #6 - 18th Jul, 2014 at 12:32am

dansbanners wrote on 17th Jul, 2014 at 4:02pm:
Calm down moneymarketing, focus on the positives.

This is pretty important Dan. What paypal is doing could hurt people pretty bad if they make a mistake so people need to be extra cautious. So it is more a warning to everyone than trying to not be positive

I have sent payments of over $100 ( and a couple over $500) at times and if they were to send that to my bank instead of taking it from my credit card that could cause me problems with my bank. Especially if it kept on happening.

I want to use my CC as default payer for my PP account but they won't let me set that up. The obvious reason is because they want to avoid paying the fees. This creates hazards for us, so people be warned

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #7 - 18th Jul, 2014 at 5:05am

Ok. Stay on course.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #8 - 18th Sep, 2014 at 12:22am

AHA! I CAUGHT THEM!

This time I MADE A POINT of selecting credit card because again this week they charged my bank account. So I double checked before I submitted my payment that I had selected credit card. When I checked the history at paypal THEY CHARGED MY BANK ACCOUNT AGAIN! Angry Angry Angry

Be very careful when dealing with these guys. They may be doing this to more folks that we realize. I am so mad I am going to see about getting my bank account removed from their site  Angry

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #9 - 18th Sep, 2014 at 11:19am

I guess Americans and Canadians have it tough.

I guess using Payza is becoming more and more of an option, now that you can pay directly with credit card, too, at no extra cost.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #10 - 18th Sep, 2014 at 2:45pm

moneymarketing wrote on 18th Sep, 2014 at 12:22am:
AHA! I CAUGHT THEM!

This time I MADE A POINT of selecting credit card because again this week they charged my bank account. So I double checked before I submitted my payment that I had selected credit card. When I checked the history at paypal THEY CHARGED MY BANK ACCOUNT AGAIN! Angry Angry Angry

Be very careful when dealing with these guys. They may be doing this to more folks that we realize. I am so mad I am going to see about getting my bank account removed from their site  Angry

It's probably a misunderstanding cause I'm having no trouble with them. Me thinks you may be letting your emotions get the best of you. There were times in the past when you got mad at a program or program owner only to eventually realize it was a misunderstanding or even your own doing. For some reason, you're a little quick to think someone, a program or a site is "out to get you". And if it wasn't for my voice of reason or my helping to balance things out, you wouldn't have gotten this far in internet marketing to begin with. So you may want to analyze things again and really make sure there isn't a misunderstanding somewhere. My gut feeling is there's probably is whereas I was usually right in the past although I could be wrong this time but I doubt it. IMHO.

P.S. Why don't you just simply ask them about it?

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #11 - 18th Sep, 2014 at 6:26pm

dansbanners wrote on 18th Sep, 2014 at 2:45pm:
It's probably a misunderstanding cause I'm having no trouble with them. Me thinks you may be letting your emotions get the best of you. There were times in the past when you got mad at a program or program owner only to eventually realize it was a misunderstanding or even your own doing. For some reason, you're a little quick to think someone, a program or a site is "out to get you". And if it wasn't for my voice of reason or my helping to balance things out, you wouldn't have gotten this far in internet marketing to begin with. So you may want to analyze things again and really make sure there isn't a misunderstanding somewhere. My gut feeling is there's probably is whereas I was usually right in the past although I could be wrong this time but I doubt it. IMHO.

P.S. Why don't you just simply ask them about it?

No, it's not a misunderstanding Dan. They ripped me on Tuesday and since it has happened before I just naturally blamed myself even though I was positive I selected the right option. So when I tried to make the purchase again on Thursday, not wanting my bank account to go that deep into overdraft, I made the point of making sure credit card was selected.

I hit send on the payment and when I checked it in paypal , they had charged my bank again.

And I have said something to them. I've filed two disputes and told them I don't want the money back, I want them to charge it to my CC.

I'm also going to make sure they never do it again because once this issue is cleared up my banking connection with them is GONE. It will be CC or online earnings only. THEY CAN NOT BE TRUSTED!

And please don't insult me about being the reason I'm still online Had we not met up I still would be a member of MFS to this day which is the real reason I am still marketing online. I haven't quit them nor would I have in the past. You certainly have helped me to enhance my earnings but I would have survived anyway

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #12 - 18th Sep, 2014 at 6:59pm

moneymarketing wrote on 18th Sep, 2014 at 6:26pm:
And I have said something to them. I've filed two disputes and told them I don't want the money back, I want them to charge it to my CC.

I still think you're not taking responsibility for your actions. Even the GOB's used to tell you that, "take responsbility".

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #13 - 18th Sep, 2014 at 7:04pm

And please don't insult me about being the reason I'm still online Had we not met up I still would be a member of MFS to this day which is the real reason I am still marketing online. I haven't quit them nor would I have in the past. You certainly have helped me to enhance my earnings but I would have survived anyway

Not to take anything away from your net marketing accomplishments and you've certainly been a big help to the team, the point is that there were times you were letting your emotions get the best of you to the point you almost made it look like you wanted to quit if it wasn't for my gauding you, adding a voice of reason and helping things to calm down whereas you eventually did proceed with internet marketing. For instance, if my memory serves me right didn't you originally have a negative opinion on Clixsense? Wink

I also recall a time whereas you went through a phase whereas you practically thought that every single program were "skimming" or "out to get you", etc, including Clixsense.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #14 - 18th Sep, 2014 at 7:07pm

No, it's not a misunderstanding Dan. They ripped me on Tuesday and since it has happened before I just naturally blamed myself even though I was positive I selected the right option. So when I tried to make the purchase again on Thursday, not wanting my bank account to go that deep into overdraft, I made the point of making sure credit card was selected.

I hit send on the payment and when I checked it in paypal , they had charged my bank again.

I'm also going to make sure they never do it again because once this issue is cleared up my banking connection with them is GONE. It will be CC or online earnings only. THEY CAN NOT BE TRUSTED!

Without naming names, I'm going to ask paypal some questions and see what they say.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print