Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
PTCBox.Me Ads V.2.1 - Script Updates (Read 23152 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
PTCBox.Me Ads V.2.1 - Script Updates
31st Jul, 2014 at 11:57pm

We are happy to announce that we are entering our new version V.2.1!

The new features are already being worked on and will become available as we go.
The most important part is that starting at August 1st, 2014 00:00 (GMT+2) our brand new tracking mechanism has become active.

From now on all ad clicks will be tracked in a way that advertisers will be able to view the following statistics regarding their ads.

1. Views Received (That's already known based on our 24h reset basis but will become easier to view)
2. Clicks Received
3. Unique Clicks Received (based on a 24h basis)

We will enable the system right after midnight (GMT+2) so all clicks are gonna be tracked starting at 1st of August 2014.
Tomorrow we will create the interface on which each advertiser will be able to view his ad's details, and provide the instructions on how it works.

Coming up next are the following features as they were announced in the Celebration Promo Thread :
  • Details on how many views/clicks your ad has received.-Done!-Will add some additional data and possibly charts in the future
  • Ability to change your ads in a much simpler way than contacting support-Done!
  • Better ways to get support
  • Faster loading page, improved layout and possibly refreshed design
  • Longer duration packs (3 months at once) -
    Postponed for V3 as it will require a major reconstruction
  • Additional Combo Packs at cheaper prices (2 of the same type) -
    Postponed for V3 as it will require a major reconstruction

This thread is dedicated to the new version updates and will be updated accordingly.
« Last Edit: 3rd Sep, 2014 at 4:59am by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: PTCBox.Me Ads V.2.1 - Script Updates
Reply #1 - 31st Jul, 2014 at 11:58pm

We will keep an updates calendar in this post just like we did in our previous site updates.

2014-08-01

Tracking System Implemented (No user interface yet). Ad clicks have started being tracked now being logged and tracked.

2014-08-22

PTCBox.Me Ad Manager has been implemented.
Users can now view how many clicks their ads have received and how many of them are unique (along with all other details of their order)
Users can now directly edit their ads and featured links and submit the updates for approval by editing fields in a form. The process is now much easier and almost fully automated while before it had to be done through emailing.
Fixed a bug in the queuing mechanism. Until now all ads were receiving an additional free day of advertising taking longer to expire.

2014-08-25

Added number of views, unique views and conversion rate in the single ad details page of the Ad Manager. Along with the clicks and unique clicks these statistics give you a better overview of how successful your advertising was.
Ad Manager now includes a full order history viewing feature.
Users can now easily view, compare and manage their ads in groups based on their status (submitted, confirmed, approved and queued, active, expired and all together).
Browsing through the Ad Manager has been improved with buttons.
Ability to Re-Use ad details from an old order to a new one.

2014-09-01

Added a description of each order status on the Ad Manager.

2014-09-03

Added our custom refurbished MySQL engine which is now fully dynamic and unlimited when it comes to inserting or retrieving data. It is SQL injection safe and the code lines have been reduced to almost 1/4 making it much easier to load and faster than ever.
Started coding a more organized traffic sources management control panel in the administration section that would help me keep better track of my traffic campaigns and keep me on schedule when it comes to renewing them.
« Last Edit: 3rd Sep, 2014 at 4:55am by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #2 - 31st Jul, 2014 at 11:58pm

*** Reserved Post ***

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #3 - 2nd Aug, 2014 at 12:24am

SolidSnake wrote on 31st Jul, 2014 at 11:57pm:
Tomorrow we will create the interface on which each advertiser will be able to view his ad's details, and provide the instructions on how it works.

This took a while longer than expected.. I'm still working on it but it might take some more work, sorry.
However the clicks have already started being logged and I can view them all. Beautiful feature.. I'll complete this ASAP.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #4 - 22nd Aug, 2014 at 3:20am

Hello again! Holidays are over and thankfully this time I have some exciting updates!
Let's see what's up..

1. Tracked Clicks

The click tracking system has been working nicely since the beginning of the month and the script is finally ready to show you how your ads are actually performing on our site. To view how many clicks your ads have received you will need your Order ID and personal Pin Code (it's included in your order's confirmation email).

To take a look at your ad details and view the clicks it has received you can use our brand new PTCBox.Me Ads Manager!

In case you have lost your confirmation email you can get your Pin Code resent to your email using this form.

2. Editing Ads and Featured Links

Editing your ad has become a lot easier for both advertisers and us also using our PTCBox.Me Ads Manager!

After loading your ad details, a link below the main table allows you to easily perform changes, provided that your ad is not expired. After performing changes you can click on "Submit Updates" button and we get notified. We will then manually check and approve the changes before they get activated.

3. Mailing server issues and delays -> Please read the following posts for an update

I am aware of a problem with our mailing server and I have contacted our host to figure out a solution. It seems that our automated emails take a bit too long (sometimes hours) to be delivered lately and sometimes they fail.

4. Slight drop in the incoming traffic

We are always on the look for new stable traffic sources since this industry is very unstable, and keep on adding more sources to achieve our 10.000 daily goal. Recently Probux disabled PayPal payments, which is the way we pay them for traffic and we are currently unable to renew our campaign there. This has caused a big drop on our daily traffic but we are doing our best to fill that blank with new sources until they offer PayPal again.

5. A weird bug has been fixed

Today I noticed a bug that has been there since PTCBox.Me Ads V.2 was launched. It seems that everyone who has advertised on our Page ever since has benefited by receiving a free additional day of advertising due no matter what he ordered.

Therefore all 7 Days packs sold, actually delivered 8 Days of advertising, 15 Days pack delivered 16 Days of advertising etc. That is mainly because an ad starts at 00:00 of the starting date and stays online until 23:59 of the ending date.

This bug has now been fixed and from now on packs sold will deliver what is ordered, except for the monthly packs (months with 31 days deliver 31 days of advertising instead of 30, that's normal and planned since the beginning).

We felt kinda sorry to fix this bug.. but unfortunately it had to be corrected..
« Last Edit: 23rd Aug, 2014 at 1:52am by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #5 - 22nd Aug, 2014 at 3:21am

..continuing from the previous post...

6. New Offline Job

As some already know, I've got accepted in a new offline job as a developer which will severely reduce my online time but I believe I will most likely be able to keep up with my daily maintenance, so hopefully this will not be an issue. Thankfully most of the work I have to do, apart form approvals, is fully automated.

Making a more stable offline income will also help me stabilize and improve my online services as well plus I will be able to extend my monthly budget for incoming traffic, so it is actually a good thing for the site as well.

Stay tuned for more to come!
I will keep you up to date here!

PS. Time for some rest (it's 3.30 am)..  Phew
« Last Edit: 22nd Aug, 2014 at 8:00am by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #6 - 22nd Aug, 2014 at 11:50am

Edited:
Whops, never mind. Misread something
« Last Edit: 22nd Aug, 2014 at 11:58am by ruicarlov »  

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #7 - 22nd Aug, 2014 at 12:31pm

ruicarlov wrote on 22nd Aug, 2014 at 11:50am:
Edited:
Whops, never mind. Misread something

Pff.. I missed my chance to read it.. Tongue

I've added a small bonus to your Featured Link btw.. Wink
It's not malfunctioning or sth.. lol

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #8 - 22nd Aug, 2014 at 5:07pm

SolidSnake wrote on 22nd Aug, 2014 at 3:21am:
..continuing from the previous post...

6. New Offline Job

As some already know, I've got accepted in a new offline job as a developer

Best of luck with your new job!

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #9 - 22nd Aug, 2014 at 6:34pm

@Dan : Thanks man!

Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

Update on the Email delays issue :

After contacting our host we realized that delays on outgoing emails from us only happen with Google email accounts!

Other email types receive our automatically sent emails instantly so there's something wrong with the communication between our server and Google.

Therefore there is nothing we can do for now, so I would recommend using a Microsoft or a Yahoo email account as Contact Email when placing orders until we figure out a solution for this issue.

In case someone has not received a confirmation email after several hours and would like to speed up the process please contact me through this form and I will manually confirm and approve your ad.

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience!
PTCBox.Me Administration
« Last Edit: 22nd Aug, 2014 at 7:00pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #10 - 22nd Aug, 2014 at 7:29pm

By distraction, this time I used my gmail account instead of the usual Yahoo. And I did notice that the confirmation mails did take a good while longer.

In contrast, I simply cannot receive any confirmation mails in Yahoo when I submit support tickets at sites using PTCevolution. I've observed this on Goldengroup and Twickerz, at least. Plus somewhere else a while ago (don't remember where), but it worked fine on gmail.

Go figure. Dont know

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #11 - 23rd Aug, 2014 at 1:30am

ruicarlov wrote on 22nd Aug, 2014 at 7:29pm:
By distraction, this time I used my gmail account instead of the usual Yahoo. And I did notice that the confirmation mails did take a good while longer.

In contrast, I simply cannot receive any confirmation mails in Yahoo when I submit support tickets at sites using PTCevolution. I've observed this on Goldengroup and Twickerz, at least. Plus somewhere else a while ago (don't remember where), but it worked fine on gmail.

Go figure. Dont know

I've only used my yahoo on such support tickets and it worked pretty fine for me so far.. Undecided
Some possible explanation is that when somebody uses a mailing server for excessive spamming and Google or Yahoo notices, they may put a time limit on the server to prevent the harm.. However this can cause such huge delays to anyone on that server.. and when we're talking about shared hosting it's affecting hundreds if not thousands of websites.. I hope that's not the case with mine..

Btw, Rui now you have a chance to let me know what you think about the tracking mechanism and the whole Ad Manager thing.. I could use some feedback..

Maybe I should ask MM to test (or destroy maybe) the whole system..  I'll think about the consequences first.. lol

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #12 - 23rd Aug, 2014 at 2:08am

SolidSnake wrote on 23rd Aug, 2014 at 1:30am:
I've only used my yahoo on such support tickets and it worked pretty fine for me so far.. Undecided
Some possible explanation is that when somebody uses a mailing server for excessive spamming and Google or Yahoo notices, they may put a time limit on the server to prevent the harm.. However this can cause such huge delays to anyone on that server.. and when we're talking about shared hosting it's affecting hundreds if not thousands of websites.. I hope that's not the case with mine..

Btw, Rui now you have a chance to let me know what you think about the tracking mechanism and the whole Ad Manager thing.. I could use some feedback..

Maybe I should ask MM to test (or destroy maybe) the whole system..  I'll think about the consequences first.. lol

I was sniffing around back there. Very tempted to press buttons  Grin

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #13 - 23rd Aug, 2014 at 2:09am

OK that was funny. I hit send on my last post and the 'site unavailable' message came up. We really shouldn't test fate here

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #14 - 23rd Aug, 2014 at 3:19pm

moneymarketing wrote on 23rd Aug, 2014 at 2:09am:
OK that was funny. I hit send on my last post and the 'site unavailable' message came up. We really shouldn't test fate here

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print