Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
PTCBox.Me Ads V.2.1 - Script Updates (Read 23049 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: PTCBox.Me Ads V.2.1 - Script Updates
Reply #15 - 23rd Aug, 2014 at 7:49pm

Update on the Emailing delays issue :

It has now been fixed and working instantly just like before!

As for what was the issue, I think the tech of our host summed it up pretty nicely :
"Part of the problem was Google using port scanning, and part was that our server security blocks port scanning to safeguard our clients!"

So, feel free to use Gmail while placing orders from now on!  Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #16 - 25th Aug, 2014 at 2:02am

I've just completed coding another great feature that was requested by one of our major sponsors Jacknz.

New Feature in Ad Manager : View your whole history of orders on PTCBox.Me Ads (Both Banner Ads and Featured Links)

To view your history of ads on our site please use to this form and enter your Contact Email and Pin Code.

You can now view there at which stage each one of your ads are right now (submitted, confirmed, approved and queued, active or expired)

It's now much easier to view and edit your orders simply by clicking the order ID. The link will take you to the proper page.

Also getting a summary of all your orders will help you get a better view of which ones performed better than the rest and received more clicks.

You can also now easily access the details you had used in the past (spot, text, color, etc), and possibly reuse some of them in your future ad submissions.

There are more things to be added such as more details on the views your ad received and the conversion ratio
(Added)
Also, we'll provide an easy way to reuse old ad details with a simple click and automatically fill the ad submission form.

Make sure you check this beautiful new feature out, let us know if you spot any bugs and stay tuned for future updates!  Smiley

Snake over and out.. Cool
« Last Edit: 25th Aug, 2014 at 11:24am by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #17 - 25th Aug, 2014 at 10:59pm

New Feature in Ad Manager : Re-Use Ad Details

Users now have the ability of Re-using the details from previous orders with the click of a button.

Clicking that link will show the ad submission form filled up saving up a lot of time when an advertiser wants to submit the same ad again.

Also, the Ad manager now has better navigation using buttons instead of text links.

Also based on what Jacknz requested, there is now an option to show orders grouped by the current status (active is the default option).

I've started keeping a log in the second post of this thread and will add the list of the updates there as well.

I'm beginning to feel really well with how the Ad Manager looks and feels.  Cool New
Let me known what you think about it!  Smiley

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #18 - 3rd Sep, 2014 at 5:09am

MySQL Engine Re-Coded

I have completed coding an upgraded version of my MySQL Database Access Engine.
The engine is now fully dynamic and unlimited while until yesterday it could only work with tables containing up to 20 different fields.

From now on there will be no limitation and also the code is much shorter in length :
Before it was ~1400 lines of code, now it is less than 400 lines.

Alexa says that the site's average load time is currently (1.199 Seconds) while 67% of sites are slower.

I've updated the list of updates in the second post of the thread.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #19 - 4th Sep, 2014 at 12:36am

Database Maintenance - Small Downtime

We will be doing some maintenance on the site's database in a couple of minutes and it will last for a few minutes.

During this time the Ads Page will not be accessible.

This is the first downtime after almost a year.

The Ads Page will be back online within a few minutes.

Everything is backed up so there's no data loss risk.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best Regards,
PTCBox.Me Administration

Edited:
Edit : Maintenance is complete! The Ads Page was offline for less than a minute so the trouble was tiny.
« Last Edit: 4th Sep, 2014 at 2:44am by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #20 - 13th Nov, 2014 at 4:41pm

Same issue with the database it crashed due to hitting some limit.

It will be ready within a few minutes.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited:
Ok things are back to normal.

Only damage is that almost another 4 hours of hit records were lost.
I'll try to make this the last time this happens.

I'll also make it notify me instantly just in case this thing decides to happen again.
« Last Edit: 13th Nov, 2014 at 4:49pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #21 - 5th Dec, 2014 at 3:16pm

Our second version of PTCBox.Me Ads (V.2) is now 1-Year-Old!
  Smiley

...and has proved to be rather stable in serving your ads! (
PROMO DETAILS BELOW
)

What we have achieved :
During this year (December 1st, 2013-2014) our Ads Page :

1. Has received 3,147,626 visitors
2. Has received 1,810,793 unique visitors on a 24h basis
3. Has served 113 different Banner Ad orders (not including our self-sponsored ones) for 28 different clients
4. Has served 18 different Featured Link orders (not including our self-sponsored ones) for 12 different clients

During the last 4 months (August-November 2014) that our click tracking system has been enabled we have tracked :

1. 3353 total / 3229 unique clicks on Banner Ads averaging at 838.25 total / 807.25 unique clicks monthly
2. 709 total / 697 unique clicks on Featured Links averaging at 177.25 total / 174.25 unique clicks monthly

V.2.1 has introduced our Ad Manager where you can view more detailed statistics such as :

1. How many views/unique views your ads have received
2. How many clicks/unique clicks your ads have received
3. What is your banner/text ad's click through rate

Also it provided the ability to re-use your ad details on a new ad placement saving you time from refilling the submission forms.
Of course, there are still lots of features to be added in our next version such as graphs and an even better interface to work on.

We've already collected a bunch of things to fix and upgrade in our next one along with a major visual redesign that would give us a fresh new look. Also, we're planning some reorganizing of the rest of the site as well, because the rest of our content has been left behind.

We whole-heartedly thank you all for advertising with us through all this time!

Best Regards,
SolidSnake
PTCBox.Me Administration
« Last Edit: 5th Dec, 2014 at 3:33pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
PTCBox.Me Ads V.2 - 1st Year Promo!
Reply #22 - 5th Dec, 2014 at 3:22pm

..So, to celebrate our V.2 successful year we are running a major promo that will last until the end of December 2014!

More specifically :

For every BC3 Combo Pack you purchase you receive 1 Bonus 1-Month Top Banner Spot Ad (Spots L1-R1-L2-R2)

For every BC1 Combo Pack you purchase you receive 1 Bonus 1-Month Mid-Top Banner Spot Ad (Spots L3-R3-L4-R4)

For every BC2 Combo Pack you purchase you receive 1 Bonus 1-Month Middle Banner Spot Ad (Spots L5-R5-L6-R6)

For every single Top or MidTop Banner Spot Ad you purchase you receive 2 Bonus FREE Featured Link Ads of the same duration!

For every single Middle or Bottom Banner Spot Ad you purchase you receive 1 Bonus FREE Featured Link Ads of the same duration!

We will contact you after your purchase to help you set up your bonus advertising!

Once again, Smiley everyone!

Regards,
SolidSnake
PTCBox.Me Administration
« Last Edit: 5th Dec, 2014 at 3:30pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print