Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Neobux
16th Nov, 2014 at 2:29am

Do we actually not have a neobux post?

Well, time to start one I guess.

After a year of frustration tonight ends a mini era for me:

Quote:
Your Golden Membership will expire in less than 24 hours!

I really did try hard to work this but have seen nothing but scraping along break even. I know I probably did not do things right but it seems you have to fly perfect in this site in order to make a buck.

So forget it, I'm not going to spend that kind of money to upgrade again. I have a little cash in there and 19 rented referrals. I'm going to try it from scratch as a free member. If it works, it works. If not then too bad. I'm not going to worry about it. I'll still use the site for advertising. I can get referrals for clixsense there and I am at the level where I can afford to lose on the referrals up front in order to make it back in the long run.

So this site has it's place but it is not for making money for me at this point. If I wanted to pull teeth I would have become a dentist

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Re: Neobux
Reply #1 - 16th Nov, 2014 at 12:25pm

Quick question. Was 19 rented referrals the most you've had?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #2 - 16th Nov, 2014 at 12:36pm

Thread removed..!

Ok, just kidding..
Well, it seems that the only people actually earning something on neobux are the ones using the following route which is definitely not for me..:

• Ultimate Membership
  • 2000+ referrals extended for 240 days
  • Daily activity without any pauses.. Smiley
  • A LOT of luck in terms of active referrals-recycling..
  • Ability to beat up your frustration... especially when being censored in the forum.

Apart from these it's a great site! So good luck with it! Smiley

PS. Trying it from the scratch as standard will not get you anywhere..
If you didn't make it as Golden do you really feel it would work for a standard?  Undecided

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #3 - 16th Nov, 2014 at 3:24pm

ruicarlov wrote on 16th Nov, 2014 at 12:25pm:
Quick question. Was 19 rented referrals the most you've had?

No, I was up to something like 385 or something and trying to build higher but my cash flow wasn't high enough for me to buy the highest discounted referral extension so I was just treading water
« Last Edit: 16th Nov, 2014 at 3:46pm by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #4 - 16th Nov, 2014 at 3:44pm

SolidSnake wrote on 16th Nov, 2014 at 12:36pm:
Thread removed..!

Ok, just kidding..
Well, it seems that the only people actually earning something on neobux are the ones using the following route which is definitely not for me..:

• Ultimate Membership
  • Ability to beat up your frustration... especially when being censored in the forum.

If you didn't make it as Golden do you really feel it would work for a standard?  Undecided

I'm going to give it a try for a couple reasons.

1. I already related to Rui that I wasn't able to maintain the deep discounted extensions on the referrals I had. That was due to inexperience. When I start new, I'll rent the referral and extend it long right away. So it will be built right the first time

2. This is not so much about not renting referrals as it is about not wanting to sink another $90 into the site for a year long extension. If they offered monthly subscription, then maybe they would have me as an upgrade. I'm wondering how much they are stifling their business by doing it this way.

3. Part of it is also that I am still mad by the rented referral thing they do when you upgrade. Having the RRs click rate drop after you upgrade is something I feel I need to punish as a customer. Unless people vote with their wallets, things won't change. So this thing is put in the 'hobby' category until they start paying me enough to participate.

We'll see how my cash flow is when I have my free member referral limit maxed out and if I see something positive there, then they will get another chance

4. Ultimate membership?  Smiley
yeah...uhhh...NO! There is no way I am going to risk that much money on an UM and 2000 RR's when, as you say, there requires daily work (including clicking all the ads and filling out all the offers) and maybe still a bit of luck with the recycling. That is just not on for me. So into the hobby bin it goes

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #5 - 16th Nov, 2014 at 5:16pm

Exactly! That's what I also had in mind.
Plus the reason I've said this :

..is that even when extending the referrals to the maximum possible duration, the money you earn from referral clicks as standard will most likely not cover your expenses, even less likely to give you a profit.. and the daily clicking rule turns that to a nightmare..

Don't forget that in neobux as standard you earn only 50% and ONLY from the 4 fixed ads, plus the extended and standard ones IF they are EVER available to you and IF you EVER make it to click them on time before their few clicks get depleted..

So, your best case of a referral is one that will click all 4 fixed ads daily earning you 4 x $0.005 = $0.02 daily every day.
That would theoretically earn you 30 x $0.02 = $0.60 / month provided that you also click every single day.

The standard or initial cost per referral is $0.20 per month and goes down to $0.14 per month if you extend them for 240 days.
So at the "absolutely perfect" case you will be earning $0.60-$0.14=$0.46 / month per perfect rented referral.

Now a few more notes to keep in mind..
  • That amount gets gradually reduced if you get more than 250 refs.
  • A day lost will mean that that amount will be reduced by $0.02(daily earning) while you will still have to pay the rental cost.
    Of course you may occasionally receive a small bonus from them clicking an extended or standard ad but how likely is that to happen?
  • Recycling costs $0.07.. which is a lot.. you may end up paying more if you have to do that 2 or 3 times a month due to getting inactive referrals.

Not to mention the possibility that what you actually rent could simply be a bucket of controllable by the system bots.. You felt it yourself once you upgraded didn't you?

I personally feel it's rather obvious when I see so many referrals logging in every single day of the month only to click on one or two ads and ignore the rest.. Seriously that makes absolutely no sense for a logical human being.

I understand if one does so for a few days to test the system, it is ok.. but not every freaking single day of the month.. at that awkward moment I feel really offended..!  Angry

Ok, I need to calm down again..  Phew
So.. Rui could you point some light to the typical averages you have experienced there and if there was a bot-like balance on that or not..?
« Last Edit: 16th Nov, 2014 at 5:53pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #6 - 16th Nov, 2014 at 6:47pm

I've got a few strategies that I want to try that are not taught to people. If they work then I should at least turn a profit on the site but I need to start from scratch.

I will have a little seed money. I have almost $8 left over from what I've done so far but that is it.

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #7 - 16th Nov, 2014 at 10:54pm

Ok, just kidding..

• Ultimate Membership

It's more like this:

• Ultimate Membership

OR

Honestly, if you've got Ultimate and +2000 RR, it's pretty much money on autopilot. You don't need luck, you don't need to click, you can go on a coma and still profit, just like that guy that was in the hospital. Averages are very stable for the most part, around 0.70 +/- 0.03. Ever since I've got over 2000 RR, I've never, ever had a single day with losses.

It's only if you're not able to get there that things get harder. I can experience both sides of the spectrum. On one side I'm an Ultimate, but my mother is a standard member with no investment. Both accounts right now are sustainable and profitable, although with a standard it take a loooong time to build up your account. And you need some luck with RR. In the beginning it was hard to get some decent ones, but now my mom has a couple of them with are passable and net a bit of profit almost everyday.

I'm sure it's relatively stress-free until you get 250RR as a Standard. When you upgrade to Golden things can get trickier if you're not at 500RR. That's the safest point for the Gold account.
« Last Edit: 16th Nov, 2014 at 11:03pm by ruicarlov »  

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #8 - 18th Nov, 2014 at 3:00am

Hmm.. I forgot that the clicking rule is not required for Ultimates..
I read Regen's post that he clicked daily but that's most likely the addiction.. lol
Ok, that could be interesting but only for large scale investors..

Well, if I get to the point where I make some hundreds per month online I'll consider adding neobux to my list.. Smiley

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #9 - 18th Nov, 2014 at 4:47pm

SolidSnake wrote on 18th Nov, 2014 at 3:00am:
Hmm.. I forgot that the clicking rule is not required for Ultimates..
I read Regen's post that he clicked daily but that's most likely the addiction.. lol

Probably. I click everyday, too.  Roll Eyes Besides the addiction, the extra >$100 per year from our clicks alone is not too shaby for a traditional PTC.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #10 - 9th Sep, 2015 at 9:38pm

Weird.. I noticed that I got a referral in NeoBux about a month ago and he has been clicking ever since..

Smiley

Funny thing is I am not even promoting it anywhere.. he may have come from one of my old blogs..
And the funniest thing of all is that his username is : solidsnake91
He's one of my kind.. Cheesy

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #11 - 10th Sep, 2015 at 1:16pm

SolidSnake wrote on 9th Sep, 2015 at 9:38pm:
Weird.. I noticed that I got a referral in NeoBux about a month ago and he has been clicking ever since..

Smiley

Funny thing is I am not even promoting it anywhere.. he may have come from one of my old blogs..
And the funniest thing of all is that his username is : solidsnake91
He's one of my kind.. Cheesy

Lots of people are pulling their hair out in frustration of not being able to get direct refs at Neo and you manage to get one without even trying....
Alright, 'fess up. How much hacking did you do?

To be honest, I also got a ref at Neobux coming from Paidverts, and I don't usually promote it that much. Maybe once or twice in an adpack....
He stopped clicking, though.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #12 - 13th Feb, 2016 at 2:48am

Quote:
As you're aware we'll soon be enabling payment requests using Skrill.

The association to your Skrill account will be made using the email address associated to it. Basically it will work the same way as it does for PayPal and Payza.

Right now we took the liberty of setting your Skrill email to be the same as your personal email since that's what usually is for most users. If your Skrill account's email address is different you can take the time to change it in your personal settings and it will be ready 48 hours after the change well before the payment requests are ready.

If you don't use a Skrill account just leave the email as is because it won't interfere with anything else.

Payment requests using Skrill will be available sometime next week so please take the time to revise the Skrill's email address in your personal settings and change it if necessary.

I'm wondering if they are either sensing the writing on the wall regarding paypal or have been getting agitated by them recently that they are moving to more payment processors. We could be seeing neobux announcing the end of their relationship with paypal soon possibly

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #13 - 13th Feb, 2016 at 3:04am

moneymarketing wrote on 13th Feb, 2016 at 2:48am:
I'm wondering if they are either sensing the writing on the wall regarding paypal or have been getting agitated by them recently that they are moving to more payment processors. We could be seeing neobux announcing the end of their relationship with paypal soon possibly

Not sure about that, they seem to have been getting along rather good those two.. Cheesy

Also think of how many PTC users have been disappointed from PayPal events here and there, that could see neobux as the only actual safe way to deal with a PTC through PayPal.. Like an oasis in the desert of the fallen PTCs.. (wow.. that was so poetic..). I believe a lot of people have decided to settle down with neobux as their only option.. shaking that would be devastating even for neobux.

On the other hand, since PayPal is PayPal.. I also believe Neo may be one of the few around the world that could possibly have the economical capacity to move legally against PayPal in case of such an "event" and still have a chance to win a battle.. that's a huge maybe there..  Grin

Either way I don't think Neobux would at least want or intend to do something like that..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #14 - 13th Feb, 2016 at 4:14pm

SolidSnake wrote on 13th Feb, 2016 at 3:04am:
Not sure about that, they seem to have been getting along rather good those two.. Cheesy

Also think of how many PTC users have been disappointed from PayPal events here and there, that could see neobux as the only actual safe way to deal with a PTC through PayPal.. Like an oasis in the desert of the fallen PTCs.. (wow.. that was so poetic..). I believe a lot of people have decided to settle down with neobux as their only option.. shaking that would be devastating even for neobux.

On the other hand, since PayPal is PayPal.. I also believe Neo may be one of the few around the world that could possibly have the economical capacity to move legally against PayPal in case of such an "event" and still have a chance to win a battle.. that's a huge maybe there..  Grin

Either way I don't think Neobux would at least want or intend to do something like that..

Having paypal in your business is sort of like having a knife wielding maniac as a roommate. Yes, things can go well for a while, but watch out for the time that he's playing with his knife and has that look in his eyes

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print