moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Bitcoin (BTC)
30th Jun, 2015 at 12:19am

Got this message from coinbase today:

Quote:
No Fees This Week When Buying Bitcoin with Euros

One of the main benefits of bitcoin is that it allows people to take control of their own wealth. Recent events in Greece have brought attention to this situation as the Greek banks have closed and limited customers to withdrawing 60 Euros per day.

We feel that all Europeans should educate themselves on the benefit of using a global currency that is not controlled by any particular country or company. As part of our effort to make it easy for anyone to buy and sell bitcoin all over the world, we’re pleased to announce that for the next week Coinbase customers buying and selling bitcoin with Euros will have their fees waived.

The rest is here:

https://blog.coinbase.com/2015/06/29/no-buysell-fees-in-europe-this-week/
« Last Edit: 6th Feb, 2018 at 1:20am by SolidSnake »  

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: Bitcoin
Reply #1 - 30th Jun, 2015 at 2:26am

Interesting.. with the mess going on around here, I've heard a lot of people talking about giving bitcoin a chance..

I haven't looked into it lately so does anyone know if it has been somewhat "stable" lately?

However there's this other thing.. while checking my web banking account I've noticed today that international bank transfers are blocked until further notice.. so I guess I couldn't use bank transfer for that purpose as well..  Smiley

The same goes for PayPal as I can't TopUp my account without a bank transfer as well..

Thankfully I can load my Payza account as that seems to be an actual purchase instead of a transfer. But I'm not sure how usable my money will be there apart from the PTC industry..

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #2 - 30th Jun, 2015 at 6:42pm

Bitcoin has been somewhat stable in 2015. Somewhat being the keywork, and it registered a low on Jan 14 (164 USD) and a high in March 11 (292 USD). But it has been consistently above 200USD in the last trimester.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #3 - 30th Jun, 2015 at 6:51pm

Yes, it has become quite stable recently. That could change if the financial markets go into turmoil though but I think the volatility will be in BTCs favor.

Here is a chart

https://www.coinbase.com/charts

I don't know if you can transfer from payza to BTC but I know for a fact you can transfer from BTC to payza. I was thinking of doing that myself

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #4 - 30th Jun, 2015 at 6:55pm

If you want to convert bitcoins online via paypal you can use this site. Since this may be more like a purchase as opposed to a money transfer, you might be able to get around your money rules

https://www.virwox.com

Here is a tutorial on how to do that

https://www.deepdotweb.com/buy-bitcoins-with-paypal-credit-cards/

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #5 - 1st Jul, 2015 at 3:04am

moneymarketing wrote on 30th Jun, 2015 at 6:55pm:
If you want to convert bitcoins online via paypal you can use this site. Since this may be more like a purchase as opposed to a money transfer, you might be able to get around your money rules

https://www.virwox.com

Here is a tutorial on how to do that

https://www.deepdotweb.com/buy-bitcoins-with-paypal-credit-cards/

Well, it seems that they've locked us in completely..
We are no longer able to purchase anything outside of Greece not even using a credit card..
So, I'm glad I made my domain renewals and ad purchases during the weekend..
Also I managed to put some money on Payza as a backup.. but bitcoin is out of reach as well now..
Let's see how this week will go..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #6 - 1st Jul, 2015 at 4:53am

SolidSnake wrote on 1st Jul, 2015 at 3:04am:
Well, it seems that they've locked us in completely..
We are no longer able to purchase anything outside of Greece not even using a credit card..
So, I'm glad I made my domain renewals and ad purchases during the weekend..
Also I managed to put some money on Payza as a backup.. but bitcoin is out of reach as well now..
Let's see how this week will go..

I am grieved for you my friend. I hate banksters.

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-30/greeks-nightmare-just-beginning-here-co...

By the way, this is not new. This is how these crooks operate. It is an age old gameplan HUNDREDS of years old. We need to educate people on how these crooks work or they will take it worldwide and do it to every person on the planet. These country by country takedowns are just the practice rounds. So warn and teach everyone who will listen

They call it your money until they mess up. Then they call it their money
« Last Edit: 1st Jul, 2015 at 5:10am by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #7 - 1st Jul, 2015 at 5:10am

Wow! TCFJI Is online.

If you want to understand the money system, read this:

https://archive.org/details/CreatureFromJekyllIslandByG.Edward-G.EdwardGriffin

If you want to understand how the bankers crashed the US markets in 1929 and brought about the great depression, read chapter 23 called the great duck dinner. Greece has just been invited to dinner this week. If you want a clear understanding of exactly what is happening, read chapter 23

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #8 - 26th Apr, 2016 at 2:51pm

I needed my first Bitcoins really quick, so I resorted to an exchanger called xbtc.co, which allows exchanging Paypal to Bitcoin, although the transfers are expensive and limited.
We're limited to 60NZD every 3 days and for exchanging 10USD, the fees were about 16%. So yeah, not something you'd use often, but does help in a pinch since the transfer can be as fast as a couple of minutes (it was for me).
It does have a kind of referral link (not really referral since you don't tecnhically sign up for anything) which does allow to earn some comssions from referral transactions. If you ever need to use it please tell me.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #9 - 26th Apr, 2016 at 7:55pm

ruicarlov wrote on 26th Apr, 2016 at 2:51pm:
I needed my first Bitcoins really quick, so I resorted to an exchanger called xbtc.co, which allows exchanging Paypal to Bitcoin, although the transfers are expensive and limited.
We're limited to 60NZD every 3 days and for exchanging 10USD, the fees were about 16%. So yeah, not something you'd use often, but does help in a pinch since the transfer can be as fast as a couple of minutes (it was for me).
It does have a kind of referral link (not really referral since you don't tecnhically sign up for anything) which does allow to earn some comssions from referral transactions. If you ever need to use it please tell me.

yes, it is advertised in the MTV monitor section. It was created by one of their members to fill a need and seems to be quite popular with many satisfied customers. The NZD is a bit of a puzzle. I wonder how many people they lost because they don't deal in USD? The double conversion must put off a lot of people.

That site will grow though. I have a gut feeling that it will be big (unless the 'authorities' go after it which is very possible)
« Last Edit: 27th Apr, 2016 at 4:50am by moneymarketing »  

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #10 - 29th May, 2016 at 6:38pm

I am in the big leagues of programmers now. I was able to change the subject to Bitcoin to make this thread more relevant.

OK, BTC is on the move again. Up $75 in a week. The 30 Trillion in Chinese savings is supposedly the reason...again

Chart

https://www.coinbase.com/charts

News

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-28/bitcoin-soaring-unprecedented-burst-chi...

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #11 - 4th Jun, 2016 at 12:55pm

BTC = 600.41!

Smiley

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #12 - 4th Jun, 2016 at 4:35pm

moneymarketing wrote on 4th Jun, 2016 at 12:55pm:
BTC = 600.41!

Smiley

Good. But you only make a profit if you sell though. Unless you're able to use the value of BTC in net marketing?

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #13 - 4th Jun, 2016 at 8:31pm

dansbanners wrote on 4th Jun, 2016 at 4:35pm:
Good. But you only make a profit if you sell though. Unless you're able to use the value of BTC in net marketing?

true but it is not as much like a stock. Due to the depreciating value of currencies, the long term trend should be up. I use it as a hedge against the Canadian currency knowing the C$  is being devalued on a regular basis. It is a way to preserve my capital. The bitcoins I have I don't plan on selling for a long time or in the case of an emergency

If I need to use them in net marketing, I will convert them from C$ to BTC immediately so there is little risk in me losing significantly on the transaction.

One nice thing about coinbase is that they will give you a wallet for your currency and not just for BTC so if you need to make a large purchase, you can save up for it and then transfer it at the last moment. That way you cut out volatility

and also, if BTC goes to 50K I'll definitely be using it in my marketing  Wink

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #14 - 9th Jul, 2016 at 8:12am

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print