Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Some things to consider before upgrading to windows 10.. (Read 4043 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Some things to consider before upgrading to windows 10..
11th Sep, 2015 at 6:14pm

Yesterday I received a laptop from a friend for cleanup/setup/optimization right after he upgraded to Windows 10 and started looking for appropriate applications to perform the service..

There are a lot of incompatibilities with Windows 7 that most of my favorite apps work on so I had to do an extended research around compatible replacements.

It didn't take long before I started reading articles about Windows 10 and noticed a lot of privacy matters being discussed about them.
So, here is a good one that summarizes most of them in one page and provides some ways to protect your data as far as its possible..

The truth about Windows 10 spying on almost everything you do

It looks like things have got a bit out of hand with all operating system companies (Apple, Microsoft, Google, etc) when it comes to privacy matters.. It feels like everything is sacrificed on the "advertising" temple..

Anyways.. this is the social networking age so.. who can say no to them...

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: Some things to consider before upgrading to windows 10..
Reply #1 - 11th Sep, 2015 at 9:33pm

SolidSnake wrote on 11th Sep, 2015 at 6:14pm:
Yesterday I received a laptop from a friend for cleanup/setup/optimization right after he upgraded to Windows 10 and started looking for appropriate applications to perform the service..

There are a lot of incompatibilities with Windows 7 that most of my favorite apps work on so I had to do an extended research around compatible replacements.

It didn't take long before I started reading articles about Windows 10 and noticed a lot of privacy matters being discussed about them.
So, here is a good one that summarizes most of them in one page and provides some ways to protect your data as far as its possible..

The truth about Windows 10 spying on almost everything you do

It looks like things have got a bit out of hand with all operating system companies (Apple, Microsoft, Google, etc) when it comes to privacy matters.. It feels like everything is sacrificed on the "advertising" temple..

Anyways.. this is the social networking age so.. who can say no to them...

Yep, noticed that kind of thing too. I do like that 10 has an xbox setup and that is really the only thing I use the new computer for besides being an emergency backup computer (need that because of all the income stuff I do online. I must always have a backup ready even if it is 'bottom of the line'  Grin).

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: Some things to consider before upgrading to windows 10..
Reply #2 - 11th Sep, 2015 at 9:36pm

One of the best ways to disrupt them is to use the different company platforms for different things so that none of them get a completely accurate picture of you

David

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print