Send Topic Print
pp to BTC (Read 4490 times)
moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
pp to BTC
27th Dec, 2016 at 12:47am

OK,

I found this. I don't think it is legit but if it is it does have an affiliate program which could be lucrative and residual

http://e-currencyex.com/

I've got a mail into PP to ask if this is approved by them. I'm not expecting a positive reply

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: pp to BTC
Reply #1 - 27th Dec, 2016 at 5:38pm

moneymarketing wrote on 27th Dec, 2016 at 12:47am:
OK,

I found this. I don't think it is legit but if it is it does have an affiliate program which could be lucrative and residual

http://e-currencyex.com/

I've got a mail into PP to ask if this is approved by them. I'm not expecting a positive reply

My question at the bottom, their answer:

Quote:
Dear David,

Thank you for contacting PayPal. My name is Syai and I am here to assist you further.

Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection:
- Real estate, including residential property
- Businesses
- Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats
- Significantly Not As Described claims on custom-made items
- Items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
- Item not received claims for items which you collect in person, or arrange to be collected on your behalf.
- Industrial machinery used in manufacturing
- Items equivalent to cash, including prepaid or gift cards
- PayPal Direct Payments
- Virtual Terminal Payments
- Personal Payments
- For INR (non-receipt) claims, items which you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including items bought through In-Store Checkout at the retail point of sale

To learn more about PayPal Purchase Protection, simply click "Legal" at the bottom of any PayPal page and then click "PayPal User Agreement."

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
Syaidatina
PayPal

Hi, This isn't really the topic but I can't find any other suitable topic and this could be the topic if something goes wrong. My question has to do with a site that is using paypal as an exchanger for bitcoin. Is this site approved by you? I would like to use it but I understand that they may be using paypal without your approval which could put my account in jeopardy if i use it. Can you clarify this issue and maybe add site verification to your topic list? Thanks, David here is the site: http://e-currencyex.com/
user_account_type:personal
user_device_type:desktop
user_customer_experience:personal
browser_type:DESKTOP
web_form_type:13024

Roll Eyes

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #2 - 28th Dec, 2016 at 1:22am

Syaidatina? (Is it just me or it sounds like a good name for a bot?  Grin )

Ok, the reply is about PayPal Purchase Protection eligibility.. I'm not sure if that's exactly what you are asking of if this reply covers your question.. my best guess is that you got an automated reply that based on keywords from your message was formed and delivered to you..

I think we should start using captchas in our support tickets.. lol

"Please solve this captcha before replying to my ticket so that we know that you're an actual human being!"   Smiley

Oops.. that's actually a good idea, isn't it? Idea

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #3 - 28th Dec, 2016 at 7:27am

It is possible it was a bot but they did manage to bold the two lines that were somewhat connected to the site I was asking about. I don't know if a bot could cross reference like that.

They completely missed my question of whether or not my using it would put my account at risk. That is, as usual, very convenient for them to miss and once again shows who's interest they look out for.

They also didn't answer a follow up question

And as a final insult, at the bottom of the reply it said the message would be deleted in 90 days. I assume that is to cover themselves in case I have a lawyer come back to them for the mess they get me in to  Angry

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #4 - 28th Dec, 2016 at 10:03am

Hmm... then I guess they have some human to actually provide support, only they reply using standard pre-written templates and highlighting what they would like to emphasize on that is mostly related to what the ticket asks for.

That could help them to always stay within their "precise" terms of service, preventing a member of their staff to accidentally say something that would put them at risk..  Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print