Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BitCoin mining apps (Read 2627 times)
venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
BitCoin mining apps
21st May, 2017 at 8:47am

Is it good to install some bitcoin mining apps?

I don't have any deep knowledge about BitCoin mining, but I see there are some apps. Though it may be complex to solve the algorithms for a smartphone, some apps have been recommended over internet by various people.

Do you have any idea? Do they harm our phone, like overheating or any other? Is it worth?

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: BitCoin mining apps
Reply #1 - 21st May, 2017 at 8:53pm

venkat wrote on 21st May, 2017 at 8:47am:

I don't have any deep knowledge about BitCoin mining, but I see there are some apps. Though it may be complex to solve the algorithms for a smartphone, some apps have been recommended over internet by various people.

Do you have any idea? Do they harm our phone, like overheating or any other? Is it worth?

It sounds like a scam. I thought the benefit of BTC mining was in your computing power. I doubt the phone processor has the power to do that.

I'd be cautious about it

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: BitCoin mining apps
Reply #2 - 22nd May, 2017 at 12:10am

venkat wrote on 21st May, 2017 at 8:47am:

No, really it's not worth it.. you will reduce the lifespan of your phone dramatically or even ruin it..

Plus it won't bring actual profit that will justify your damages..

I'm not sure even if desktop mining is worth it anymore..

You need top of the line desktop hardware in order to make minimum profits and I'm still not sure it would pay for your electricity bills.. and the hardware investment (cause it will melt over time..).

I'm not sure if the new price of bitcoin makes it any more interesting but I imagine with it being around for so long.. people would have already matured the mining requirements dropping the earnings it brings..

I'll search about it tomorrow and come back if my info is any different..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print