Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Share Management Helper Tool (Read 5332 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Share Management Helper Tool
5th Jul, 2017 at 9:00pm

So, since I've mostly been dealing with share revenue sites for a while now, I've been facing a problem that had to be solved.

Now that my shares in FC have reached the point of a full page list, it has become a pain to count them up, sum their value and plan my next move.
I've used an advanced custom excel spreadsheet but still it's not fully compatible with the program's format so it needed a bunch of modifications every time.

This whole process put me in the need of a tool that would be able to help me perform everyday tasks with just a share list and minimize my workload.

So I've developed in PHP what we call a "parser" that is specifically made for this job, and works well with FamilyClix and YouGetProfit so far, but could be extended to include other sites as well.

You can freely visit it here:

Shares Tool

It does not require login nor stores any data or anything..
All it does is parse a shares list and provide you with an interesting report.
Plus it excludes expired shares so you don't to worry about them.

The report includes the following data:
  • Your total number of shares
  • The total amount of revenues remaining to earn until the current shares expire.
  • The total amount you earn daily (Works on fixed shares like in FamilyClix)
  • The 10 packs that will expire next (Works on fixed shares like in FamilyClix)
  • The 10 packs that are close to expiring (Works on variable shares like in YouGetProfit)
  • How much it will cost you to replenish each pack of the expiring shares.
  • A tracking friendly version of the current stats (Works on variable shares like in YouGetProfit).

How it works:
  1. Copy a shares list from a compatible site (FamilyClix and YouGetProfit for now but I will expand it as we go).
  2. Select the program and the report type you are interested in.
  3. Select a comma if you prefer your decimal point to be that way.
  4. Paste the shares list.
  5. Click "Process List".
  6. Solve the reCaptcha and your report will be prepared and displayed on the top of the page.

Since it's currently hosted on a custom development server of mine with little processing power, I had to add a captcha in order to protect my server. Also there may be downtimes once in a while. Let me know if one of those takes too long.

Also let me know if you spot a bug, or if there's something that could be added.
To add another program I need an example of it's shares list to adjust the tool to its columns.

If anyone knows whether the sites use a thousands separator in the list, please let me know about it because it will probably lead to an error when parsing. I didn't have anything valued above $1000 so I have no way of testing it.
« Last Edit: 5th Jul, 2017 at 9:26pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: Share Management Helper Tool
Reply #1 - 5th Jul, 2017 at 11:30pm

That's a great idea but YGP counts your shares and I've solved the FC problem by just dividing the recent daily earnings by .06. No, these don't give you the extra stats like you are offering for YGP and if you have clicks or referrals at FC then your numbers are messed up, but it does the trick.

The more I think of it the more it is a good idea. Especially for guys like Rui who probably has it all. For me, I just need to worry about the upgrade thresholds which only happen once a year usually

Have you thought about offering the code to the two sites at some point? Maybe they would like to buy it or trade for shares or something

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #2 - 6th Jul, 2017 at 1:26am

moneymarketing wrote on 5th Jul, 2017 at 11:30pm:
That's a great idea but YGP counts your shares and I've solved the FC problem by just dividing the recent daily earnings by .06. No, these don't give you the extra stats like you are offering for YGP and if you have clicks or referrals at FC then your numbers are messed up, but it does the trick.

The more I think of it the more it is a good idea. Especially for guys like Rui who probably has it all. For me, I just need to worry about the upgrade thresholds which only happen once a year usually

Have you thought about offering the code to the two sites at some point? Maybe they would like to buy it or trade for shares or something

I'm not sure they would need it, even so pay for it.. Etc. almost half a year ago I asked them to just correct the typos in the main account page... and the typos are still there.. lol

I'm not sure they even bother for further development.. I'll use it for a while to see how it goes anyways.

Something else I'd be interesting in developing is a simple compounding plan.. to give the initial amount of shares and get a timeline of the growth through reinvesting everything.

It could prove useful to predict exactly how long it will take to achieve specific goals.

It's a math problem solved by a recursive algorithm, so it's something the human brain is not meant to solve, and I think it would really help. Smiley

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #3 - 7th Jul, 2017 at 1:39pm

SS,

Can you use your programming skills to create your own program instead?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #4 - 8th Jul, 2017 at 2:35pm

dansbanners wrote on 7th Jul, 2017 at 1:39pm:
SS,

Can you use your programming skills to create your own program instead?

That's a good point... I am developing it slowly due to limited time only that's way bigger..
This tool was only a page of code so it only took a few hours.. and it saves me a lot so I'll have more to spend on ptcbox. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print