VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Cashbackworld
6th Jul, 2017 at 1:57pm

Ever heard of this?
http://www.lyoness.com/cashback‎
Not sure where I should post this, as this is not a Paid-to program exactly. It's a site with partnership with several companies that gives us a cashback (from 1% to 5%) on the purchases we make.
You can browse the site and see what companies have a partnership with them. They include both physical and online shops. I joined this mainly because it has cashback for sites like ebay, booking and gearbest.
Besides the cashback and shopping points we get for our purchases, there's also a refer a friend system, where we get 0.5% cashback of our friends' purchases. And it's a two level system, so our usual team play could be interesting if you use some of the merchants.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: Cashbackworld
Reply #1 - 6th Jul, 2017 at 6:41pm

ruicarlov wrote on 6th Jul, 2017 at 1:57pm:
Ever heard of this?
http://www.lyoness.com/cashback‎
Not sure where I should post this, as this is not a Paid-to program exactly. It's a site with partnership with several companies that gives us a cashback (from 1% to 5%) on the purchases we make.
You can browse the site and see what companies have a partnership with them. They include both physical and online shops. I joined this mainly because it has cashback for sites like ebay, booking and gearbest.
Besides the cashback and shopping points we get for our purchases, there's also a refer a friend system, where we get 0.5% cashback of our friends' purchases. And it's a two level system, so our usual team play could be interesting if you use some of the merchants.

I'm sure I've heard the name Lyoness before..

After checking it, out I was kinda surprised to see that its content is available on flawless Greek which was weird.

I then noticed that they have an "office" less than 20km from my place so it felt even more weird.

Browsing in Greek forums I noticed that the owner is unknown but the CEO is most likely from Austria, but it has a Greek sub-company operating in Greece.

There were some negative comments about it but they age back to 2012, so maybe they were early reactions.
Now in their facebook page there are some happy members of it commenting positively.

And since it's free to join and they support sites like microsoft store and ebay.. it seems interesting..

Btw, your link pointed me to a "not found" page.. but the site works. Maybe I can use your referral link.
Would you mind posting your referral link in the downline builder for me to join under you?

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #2 - 6th Jul, 2017 at 9:03pm

There were some negative reviews regarding a sort of pyramid scheme where one would have to pay to enter and recruit people to recruit more people, or something like that. But that's separate branch from what I'm talking about.

I don't have a referral link. Referring works by sending an invitation to an email address.

SolidSnake wrote on 6th Jul, 2017 at 6:41pm:
There were some negative comments about it but they age back to 2012, so maybe they were early reactions.
Now in their facebook page there are some happy members of it commenting positively.

And since it's free to join and they support sites like microsoft store and ebay.. it seems interesting..
Would you mind posting your referral link in the downline builder for me to join under you?

SolidSnake wrote on 6th Jul, 2017 at 6:41pm:
I then noticed that they have an "office" less than 20km from my place so it felt even more weird.

There's an office less than 4km from my place  Cool

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #3 - 19th Jan, 2018 at 1:51pm

Just to bring this back up, so far it's been working pretty well. Both me and my mother get paid sometimes due to the purchases we make. Mostly by using Booking and Gearbest.

Last tuesday I got paid €17 and my mother €11 (they always pay on Tuesdays). A good deal of my comissions come from her, since she's the main shopper.

Doesn't look like there's any physical shops that accept it in North America yet (sorry moneymarketing), but online shops are game everywhere (ebay and aliexpress, for example).
But the network of shops joining is increasing steadily, especially in europe. Big footbal clubs (like AS Roma) are joining the bandwagon, so it looks like it could spread far and wide soon.

Btw snake, did you ever get my invitation the last time?

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #4 - 19th Jan, 2018 at 3:16pm

ruicarlov wrote on 19th Jan, 2018 at 1:51pm:
Just to bring this back up, so far it's been working pretty well. Both me and my mother get paid sometimes due to the purchases we make. Mostly by using Booking and Gearbest.

Last tuesday I got paid €17 and my mother €11 (they always pay on Tuesdays). A good deal of my comissions come from her, since she's the main shopper.

Doesn't look like there's any physical shops that accept it in North America yet (sorry moneymarketing), but online shops are game everywhere (ebay and aliexpress, for example).
But the network of shops joining is increasing steadily, especially in europe. Big footbal clubs (like AS Roma) are joining the bandwagon, so it looks like it could spread far and wide soon.

Btw snake, did you ever get my invitation the last time?

Sounds good.. maybe I'll give it another look..
My main problem now when ordering from international shops is that the taxing laws changed a lot during the previous summer and now we get heavily charged with taxes whenever we order from them.. We're talking about more than double or even multiple times the value of what we order depending on the tax-collector's mood..  Dont know

So, I've been sticking to European dealers ever since.. now there have been a few sideways to go around the taxes recently, such as buying from Chinese sellers with European warehouses using priority line.. but I'm not that much into the trouble so far.

But if there are such bonuses maybe the benefit is bigger than the trouble. So I'll have to look into it again.

Hmm.. invitation..? (Such things I forget make me feel I'm aging prematurely  Feeling beat up)

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #5 - 19th Jan, 2018 at 5:56pm

Yes, I'm using Priority lines as well when I order from Gearbest, for example.  Cool

But there should a good number of greek shops that accept it already.
Here in Portugal we have businesses like supermarkets, one electricity company, car repair shops, restaurants, hotels, pet stores... I'm not sure how many greek companies are in yet. It might be a bit behind other countries, but I'm sure there's something you can use.
Or even other european companies. Lately I've been ordering a special veterinatry diet for my cat from Spain, which is already much cheaper than in Portugal, plus I get cashback for it.

I can send the invitation again for that "Spam-y" email of yours again. Then we can make a kind of downline builder where the next member requests an invitation from you.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #6 - 3rd Feb, 2018 at 1:46am

I looked at this. Surprisingly there are over 400 offers in Canada. I usually don't go for these things though because they tend to be pricey compared to the benefits they offer. I'm notoriously cheap that way and will usually hunt for the best bargain or best value

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #7 - 3rd Feb, 2018 at 12:59pm

From my experience here in Portugal, there are obviously merchants I'm not going to use since they're pricier. But there are a good number of shops that me and other people use on a regular basis, like some mainstream supermarkets, fuel stations, or online shops (where  can find best value for stuff)
Sites that sell stuff from China, for example (aliexpress and Gearbest). You get cheap prices, plus a cashback, Sometimes you can event stack local discounts with it.

Since this is of european orgin (Austria), it makes more sense the network's more developed here.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #8 - 3rd Feb, 2018 at 4:15pm

ruicarlov wrote on 3rd Feb, 2018 at 12:59pm:
From my experience here in Portugal, there are obviously merchants I'm not going to use since they're pricier. But there are a good number of shops that me and other people use on a regular basis, like some mainstream supermarkets, fuel stations, or online shops (where  can find best value for stuff)
Sites that sell stuff from China, for example (aliexpress and Gearbest). You get cheap prices, plus a cashback, Sometimes you can event stack local discounts with it.

Since this is of european orgin (Austria), it makes more sense the network's more developed here.

Yes, I didn't notice any mainstream names except for real estate. Mostly it was little shops. I'll check back later though and see if things change

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #9 - 3rd Feb, 2018 at 8:08pm

You've also got some international shops avaliable, Like ebay, for example. I'm not completely sure it would show up if you login as a canadian member, but you can make a global search on the site and change country. If you select something like UK, you can see ebay. Since login information is the same for various countries, you can acess it that way and still get chasback.

Speaking of big names, looks like you can get Walmart gift cards with cashback in your neighbour USA.

Before Gearbest opened a Portuguese page, I used to select Hong Kong and then search Gearbest.
« Last Edit: 3rd Feb, 2018 at 8:13pm by ruicarlov »  

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #10 - 17th Nov, 2019 at 9:02pm

Just to bump this up a bit, in the last year the network has kept expanding.
Here in Portugal we got some interesting merchants added, like decathlon, a taxi app, low-cost electricity companies.

Might be a good time to browse what's available in your countries now. Maybe there's something you can use occasionally. I noticed Greeks how have MediaMarkt on cashbackworld. Here in Portugal it hasn't been added yet, but it should come soon. I remember seing some AB supermarkets back when I was in Greece, but I didn't know they were also part of the network.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print