Reply #165 - 15th Jan, 2020 at 10:21pm

Yes. I saw that! Smiley

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Re: Rotate4All
Reply #166 - 16th Jan, 2020 at 11:41am

Introducing: banner advertising (beta) https://www.rotate4all.com/promo/banners.php

A dedicated page for banner advertising, taking up a permanent 10 slots in our rotator (that's at least 100k impressions/day).
Unlike other dedicated banner pages here you won't pay for a specific spot, rather for the banner size: 468x60 or 728x90, which gets rotated every time the page is accessed, thus ensuring maximum exposure for all banners. Note that rotation occurs only between both sized banners, meaning that the big ones do get rotated over to the small one's positions and vice-versa as well.
The page is optimized for fast loading with a responsive design which automatically resizes images for smaller/mobile screens.
We are limiting this to only 8 banner spots at a time, to ensure near-top placement for all banners (vertical space is very important on PTC sites where the upper-frame takes up a part of it)
The banners must be hosted on HTTPS image providers. For that purpose we can only recommend https://imgur.com/
Banner images must not show any adult content nor have annoying flashing images or colors.

The page is still in Beta phase because we still need to integrate it with our advertisement ordering form.
Till then orders are processed manually.
Those interested please send me a PM.

Pricing for 468x60 & 728x90 banners
1 day      $4.99
3 days      $9.99
7 days      $22.99
14 days      $44.99
30 days      $89.99
90 days      $249.99
180 days      $449.99
365 days      $799.99

Edit: corrected decimals delimiter.
Edit2: modified pricing.
« Last Edit: 18th Jan, 2020 at 12:47pm by rotate4all.com »  

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #167 - 16th Jan, 2020 at 2:50pm

rotate4all.com wrote on 16th Jan, 2020 at 11:41am:
Pricing for 468x60 banners
1 day      $4,99
3 days      $9,99

I suggest you change the "," to ".". As in $4.99, $9.99, etc. Just some constructive advice.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #168 - 16th Jan, 2020 at 8:03pm

rotate4all.com wrote on 16th Jan, 2020 at 11:41am:
Introducing: banner advertising (beta) https://www.rotate4all.com/promo/banners.php

A dedicated page for banner advertising, taking up a permanent 10 slots in our rotator (that's at least 100k impressions/day).

That looks good! Nice and clean and simple.

Quote:
(vertical space is very important on PTC sites where the upper-frame takes up a part of it)

This sounds familiar SS.  Smiley

Yep. We call it prime real estate (PRE) around here. What the customer sees the moment they click on the page

Questions

-You don't want flashing images but are any animated banners allowed? If so, I guess it is up to the discretion of the admin to decide if it is annoying?

-So you will approve all the banners? You might want to make it so people can upload the banners to the page so that they don't need to fetch the images from a third-party source (plus, it keeps them from switching banners after approval). I understand that it greatly increases loading speed (with 8 banners on the page, the odds of one being a slow loader are pretty good). You might want to experiment with that

-You might want to give people the option for text links

-And what about click tracking? That is actually a good marketing tool for your members so it will make them happy. If they see views/clicks on your banners, they will probably want to click on the popular ones. (people always want to go with the popular ones thinking it will make them popular)

-another thing you might want to try is giving members banner impressions instead of cash for showing that page. Give them the option to gain impressions or cash, or to cash the impressions in. Be generous though. They will reward you if you give 50% or greater. Once again, you might want to experiment.

I'm not sure I'll do it yet. I'm kind of limiting my advertising spending these days and focusing on just turning a profit but I think this will be very lucrative for you. I hope you do well with it. You are very much one of the good guys in our industry. I assume you are also becoming an employer and providing jobs too?  Smiley

David

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #169 - 16th Jan, 2020 at 9:32pm

Animated banners are allowed of course. I would consider "annoying" those flashing banners we've all seen so many times around PTCs.
Yes the banners would be manually approved the same way like all rotator-advertising orders. This is necessary to weed out ads which would go against our terms.
We won't upload banners to our server. Since it's located in the US it won't benefit anyone except US visitors. Therefore we recommend Imgur because they're using several CDNs around the world to show images. Switching/replacing an image once uploaded to Imgur is impossible.
The page isn't slow at all. Here's the latest speedtest with all 8 images loaded from imgur: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.rotate4all.com/I0tZ505r
Any subsequent visits would be even faster as all static content including banner images would load from the browser's cache.
Text links? Don't think so, at least not at this time.
Click tracking is something that will be implemented asap of course. The goal is to show total impressions & clicks for each banner separately, as well as total visitors sent to the banner advertising page.
Paying users with banners impressions and/or cash is a good idea, noted.

Thank you for your questions/suggestions. Much appreciated!

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #170 - 17th Jan, 2020 at 7:01am

rotate4all.com wrote on 16th Jan, 2020 at 9:32pm:
We won't upload banners to our server. Since it's located in the US it won't benefit anyone except US visitors. Therefore we recommend Imgur because they're using several CDNs around the world to show images. Switching/replacing an image once uploaded to Imgur is impossible.
The page isn't slow at all. Here's the latest speedtest with all 8 images loaded from imgur: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.rotate4all.com/I0tZ505r
Any subsequent visits would be even faster as all static content including banner images would load from the browser's cache.

Good to hear regarding animated banners.

Even though you recommend using Imgur, not all will. Some will just use the affiliate banners from a site. As more sites become https compliant this will be the path of least resistance, which is where most customers will go. I'm not saying it will happen but you could become dependent on the speeds of those sites and their speeds. I'm just letting you know because I have seen it happen. Maybe the net has taken care of the issue and it doesn't happen anymoreDont know

David

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #171 - 17th Jan, 2020 at 8:47am

That's not an issue really as I have explained images get cached by the user's browser. So it would only take "ages" to load on the first visit (if at all), while subsequent visits would load all images instantly from the cache, regardless of their size or where they're hosted.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #172 - 17th Jan, 2020 at 2:30pm

moneymarketing wrote on 17th Jan, 2020 at 7:01am:
Even though you recommend using Imgur, not all will. Some will just use the affiliate banners from a site. As more sites become https compliant this will be the path of least resistance, which is where most customers will go.

To be really honest with you Rotate4All, I think he does have a point. Some may go "the only way I could use a banner in the program is to use Imgur? Ugh..." Although it's your call. You could give it a try and see how it goes.

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #173 - 17th Jan, 2020 at 3:12pm

I never said that they MUST use Imgur. I've said that I only recommend Imgur for hosting images.
Obviously you can host it wherever you want to as long as it's on a secure HTTPS connection it'd be just fine.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #174 - 17th Jan, 2020 at 5:14pm

rotate4all.com wrote on 17th Jan, 2020 at 3:12pm:
I never said that they MUST use Imgur. I've said that I only recommend Imgur for hosting images.
Obviously you can host it wherever you want to as long as it's on a secure HTTPS connection it'd be just fine.

Do they allow using commercial images on their site or is it sort of a grey area?

David

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #175 - 17th Jan, 2020 at 6:11pm

I'm not aware of any such restrictions.

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #176 - 17th Jan, 2020 at 9:05pm

Stats are live: https://www.rotate4all.com/promo/banners.php

Now tracking impressions and clicks for each banner individually.

Unlike other sites where you pay for impressions which nobody actually sees, we are counting only "true impressions", meaning only those which are visible to the user or scrolled to are counted as an impression, otherwise the impression is not counted.
Impressions, clicks and CTR are displayed under each banner while hovering over them with the mouse pointer.

That's it for now regarding stats. Moving on to setting up the order form.
If anyone's got more suggestions I'm all ears (or eyes).

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #177 - 18th Jan, 2020 at 12:03am

rotate4all.com wrote on 17th Jan, 2020 at 3:12pm:

Sorry for misunderstanding. That's good to know.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #178 - 18th Jan, 2020 at 6:27am

rotate4all.com wrote on 17th Jan, 2020 at 9:05pm:
Stats are live: https://www.rotate4all.com/promo/banners.php

Now tracking impressions and clicks for each banner individually.

Unlike other sites where you pay for impressions which nobody actually sees, we are counting only "true impressions", meaning only those which are visible to the user or scrolled to are counted as an impression, otherwise the impression is not counted.
Impressions, clicks and CTR are displayed under each banner while hovering over them with the mouse pointer.

That's it for now regarding stats. Moving on to setting up the order form.
If anyone's got more suggestions I'm all ears (or eyes).

Huge page views. Impressive  Shocked

David

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #179 - 18th Jan, 2020 at 12:57pm

We noticed the top spot gets the most exposure so we decided to remove the separate pricing for the 728x90 banners as those would get an unfair advantage over the rest as they were only 2 big banners in rotation which meant 50% of the time one of two got the top spot.

So in turn we'll have only one type of pricing regardless of the banner size (468x60 OR 728x90) and all of the 8 banners get their fair share of the top spot in a rotating manner.
Obviously the banners get automatically resized (enlarged or shrinked) to their spot size, regardless of the banner size submitted.

While the spot does matter quite a bit, the banner design plays the ultimate role in getting a high CTR.
So custom banners are a must if you want good results.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23
Send Topic Print