Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Back after a long break... (Read 9787 times)
venkat

Trying to learn something...

Chennai, India
Back after a long break...
27th Sep, 2017 at 5:08pm

Hi,

Though I have been randomly checking this forum, I didn't log in and make any post for a long time.

Good to see you friends back.

Meanwhile, as you know I am involved in direct selling, I moved one rank further. I am just one more rank away from my dream car. (My wish is a Ferrari, but at the current trend it could be at least a Mercedes Benz.) Let's see.

- Venkat

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Re: Back after a long break...
Reply #1 - 28th Sep, 2017 at 4:19pm

venkat wrote on 27th Sep, 2017 at 5:08pm:
Hi,

Though I have been randomly checking this forum, I didn't log in and make any post for a long time.

Good to see you friends back.

Meanwhile, as you know I am involved in direct selling, I moved one rank further. I am just one more rank away from my dream car. (My wish is a Ferrari, but at the current trend it could be at least a Mercedes Benz.) Let's see.

- Venkat

Welcome back Venkat! Smiley

I'm also more engaged offline with a new job since the start of the year (web e-commerce solutions), but recently I've slowly resumed coding my own projects as well.. though I am constantly tired and not as productive as the previous years, but they're finally moving again..  Phew

As for the car, happy to see that you're close to your achieving your dream! Enjoy it, but keep being yourself! Wink
Remember that more important are the people that have been with you along the way (family, friends etc).

Btw, I do drive a Mercedes-Benz.. well.. a really old and bulky E200 91'..  Grin
But it's a custom rebuild (2004) we did with my brother (MB car-mechanic) and it's very reliable and comfortable.

Wish you all the best!  Smiley

IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #2 - 11th Oct, 2017 at 2:57pm

Can anyone check my blog and tell me whether it shows any error?

My blog is: http://real-home-jobs-india.blogspot.com

Actually I hosted some HTML files on 000webhost and embedded into this blog. It is showing perfectly on my laptop and mobile, but despite my promotions, no one seems to comment or contact.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #3 - 11th Oct, 2017 at 4:07pm

venkat wrote on 11th Oct, 2017 at 2:57pm:
Can anyone check my blog and tell me whether it shows any error?

My blog is: http://real-home-jobs-india.blogspot.com

Actually I hosted some HTML files on 000webhost and embedded into this blog. It is showing perfectly on my laptop and mobile, but despite my promotions, no one seems to comment or contact.

No, there are no errors for me.

What I would recommend firstly is to change your content title (YOU HAVE BEEN REFERRED BY: 86840911).
It is kind of confusing (if not threatening) in case the visitor doesn't know what the site is about. You can always state the referrer at sign up forms, like all sites do.

I'd recommend using something simpler like "Earn extra cash with your regular shopping".
Then smaller text below it.. "Share this page with your friends and family, and earn even more!"

Then you can break down how it works, with as few words as possible. Be straight to the point, and keep details in a FAQ page.
The question-answer format is easier to follow.

One more notice.. when viewing your blog in a laptop with a 1366x768 resolution, I can only see until the first two lines.. title and subtitle.
So, clicking on other pages does not seem to update the content at all, because it is happening below my actual view range.

Maybe converting your blog to a single page website and using html anchors in your menu would also help with navigation.
And maybe you should even change your main header title from "Real Opportunity from Home" to "Make Money from Home" or something more active.

You want to motivate your visitor to act, not just to inform him of your service.
Also you don't need to prove that you are for real in the title.. at least not by just stating it.. it's better to let the details do the job, so maybe stating that in your main title is kind of "trying too hard" to prove yourself and this tends more to plant doubts.

That's all I can think of for now.. I hope it helps. Smiley

IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #4 - 11th Oct, 2017 at 5:22pm

Thank you SS. That was really helping. (I have done little modifications as per your suggestions. Thank you.)

By the way, do you know any free hosting that hosts my HTML files only and that allows me to embed them in iframes. (I am using 000webhost now, but I am reading comments from members that they suspend when we get some traffic.)

I am using profreehost and googiehost, but both do not allow iframe traffic.

Edited:
This was my previous blog: https://customer-income-india.blogspot.in/

Since I didn't get any queries from that blog, I decided to make the elaborate one.

Can you suggest some on this blog too?
« Last Edit: 11th Oct, 2017 at 5:32pm by venkat »  
IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #5 - 11th Oct, 2017 at 7:57pm

venkat wrote on 11th Oct, 2017 at 5:22pm:
Thank you SS. That was really helping. (I have done little modifications as per your suggestions. Thank you.)

By the way, do you know any free hosting that hosts my HTML files only and that allows me to embed them in iframes. (I am using 000webhost now, but I am reading comments from members that they suspend when we get some traffic.)

I am using profreehost and googiehost, but both do not allow iframe traffic.

Edited:
This was my previous blog: https://customer-income-india.blogspot.in/

Since I didn't get any queries from that blog, I decided to make the elaborate one.

Can you suggest some on this blog too?

The problem with free hosting is that it shows you are not making much money to people. Even if you are making a lot of money, people will think you aren't because it looks like you can't even afford hosting

A professional look is important to many.

You also might want to increase your target market. And do most of the people you are targeting speak English? Shouldn't you be targeting the Indian language?

Plus, if this is MLM (it is difficult to discern) maybe you should target that specifically or at least people in sales.

Most people can't do what you are doing with your webpage so they might not see the benefit

David

IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #6 - 12th Oct, 2017 at 8:09am

Thank you MM.

I very much agree with your point on how people think when they see a free hosted site. To answer that, my opportunity involves mostly offline activities. (And yes, it is a MLM opportunity.) And I just wanted to see how online people respond to that. (In my opinion, most online opportunity seekers, at least in my region, are tempted towards something that says "FREE" instead of paying even when they get a real product. That's why I didn't go for paid hosting on the first hand.)

And regarding Indian language, there are lot of politics involved. (We have nearly 11+ official languages, and English is the common for all States in our country.)

Thank you MM. Your suggestions were really useful.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #7 - 12th Oct, 2017 at 3:22pm

moneymarketing wrote on 11th Oct, 2017 at 7:57pm:
The problem with free hosting is that it shows you are not making much money to people. Even if you are making a lot of money, people will think you aren't because it looks like you can't even afford hosting

A professional look is important to many.

Not necessarily. It's not as cut and dried as that. Perhaps, that was the thinking a little more a while back when the net first opened. But perhaps not so much these days.

Sometime there are overlaps. Sometime it also depends on the appearance or information provided. For instance, a free website could still look better or even provide more helpful information than the paid one.

Sometime when I'm browsing the net and come across some information that could be helpful, I don't even think along the lines of "since that program was on a free site, I'm not joining the program". Sometime I'm not even aware of whether or not the site is free or paid, cause I'm too busy being caught up with the information provided.

Lastly, that after a long time having a ".com" website. I decided to switch to a free one last year. Cause unlike it was 5 years ago, whereas the earnings generated from my site was actually more than the cost of the web hosting, etc. I was starting to earn less from my site to the point that it was actually less than the cost to maintain it. That's when I decided it was more practical to switch to a free one.

Which by the way I'm slowly working on the free one to make it look exactly like the way it did on the paid one to the point that you wouldn't know the difference when looking at them. 

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #8 - 12th Oct, 2017 at 3:46pm

Also, apart from what MM said, booking your own domain gives you absolute freedom on what you want to host and much better control over your site's statistics etc. And you can find relatively cheap domain names that will make you look more professional and stable.

If you're decided to go with the free one though feel free to do so.

Either way you may want to read on how to polish a site's styling to look more professional.

There are plenty of free guides online for that.

Read about proper typography (example #1, example #2), since it seems that you need it.. (please don't type whole sentences in huge font-sizes).

Also read about colors in websites (example #1, example #2).

Then finally read guides on how to create a successful lead generating site (example #1, example #2).

Like I said, there are plenty of guides that can help you improve your website and its sales.
All you have to do is to do some research on specific terms you are looking for and put your knowledge to work. Wink

Then it all comes down to marketing, advertise on the right places, target the right people and point them on your best values.
« Last Edit: 12th Oct, 2017 at 3:52pm by SolidSnake »  
IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #9 - 12th Oct, 2017 at 6:00pm

venkat wrote on 12th Oct, 2017 at 8:09am:
Thank you MM.

I very much agree with your point on how people think when they see a free hosted site. To answer that, my opportunity involves mostly offline activities. (And yes, it is a MLM opportunity.) And I just wanted to see how online people respond to that. (In my opinion, most online opportunity seekers, at least in my region, are tempted towards something that says "FREE" instead of paying even when they get a real product. That's why I didn't go for paid hosting on the first hand.)

And regarding Indian language, there are lot of politics involved. (We have nearly 11+ official languages, and English is the common for all States in our country.)

Thank you MM. Your suggestions were really useful.

I was reading what I wrote and what I meant (in case it might not have been clear) that maybe your advertising should focus more on MLM opportunity seekers as opposed to PTC members in general or wherever you were advertising. Finding a forum or space that targets your type of opportunity specifically and can market to people in your country (if it is limited to them) will probably improve your chances of success. Finding sites like that may take some digging but once you find it then advertising at a site like that could prove lucrative

And thanks for the info on the 'official; language. I did not know that. It's always good to learn something new  Smiley

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #10 - 13th Oct, 2017 at 5:57pm

Here's an example. It's still a work in progress. I'm not done yet. I'm slowly making it look like just like the way it did when it was a ".com" site. One probably wouldn't know it if it was a free or paid website. It even has "dansbanners" in the web address and all:

http://dansbanners.mywebcommunity.org/

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #11 - 13th Oct, 2017 at 6:20pm

dansbanners wrote on 13th Oct, 2017 at 5:57pm:
Here's an example. It's still a work in progress. I'm not done yet. I'm slowly making it look like just like the way it did when it was a ".com" site. One probably wouldn't know it if it was a free or paid website. It even has "dansbanners" in the web address and all:

This is a bit different than his. I agree that this can look professional. It is the sites that have the "free site provided by" that I take issue with and usually they don't let you remove that.

If he can find one like yours that does let it look like a paid for site that is something I'd suggest he look into using

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #12 - 13th Oct, 2017 at 8:03pm

moneymarketing wrote on 13th Oct, 2017 at 6:20pm:
This is a bit different than his. I agree that this can look professional. It is the sites that have the "free site provided by" that I take issue with and usually they don't let you remove that.

If he can find one like yours that does let it look like a paid for site that is something I'd suggest he look into using

Good point.

IP Logged

venkat

Chennai, India
Reply #13 - 14th Oct, 2017 at 1:32pm

dansbanners wrote on 13th Oct, 2017 at 5:57pm:

That is simple and elegant Dan.  Excellent work.

And I have registered with them. Yet to check whether they allow hosting html files with scripts. Thank you Dan.

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #14 - 14th Oct, 2017 at 2:19pm

venkat wrote on 14th Oct, 2017 at 1:32pm:
That is simple and elegant Dan.  Excellent work.

And I have registered with them. Yet to check whether they allow hosting html files with scripts. Thank you Dan.

Thanks Venkat. Let me know if you have any questions.

Yes. They do allow scripts. For instance, the upper right corner of my site is the Buckets of Banners script.

The only thing is that I'm not sure if I'm able to add a contact form. That's something I need to work on.

Good luck!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print