IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: PTCShare
Reply #228 - 26th Dec, 2019 at 5:57pm

dansbanners wrote on 26th Dec, 2019 at 5:21pm:
What's going on? No value ads for the last 4 days? Huh

As the notice indicated today, the servers were under attack which caused them to have to hold off on everything

You can read more about it here.

https://mytrafficvalue.com/forum/brainstorm/pv_ptcshare_server_issue/1.html

We will be back to normal on Monday and all the ads will be made up

David

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #229 - 26th Dec, 2019 at 8:24pm

moneymarketing wrote on 26th Dec, 2019 at 5:57pm:
As the notice indicated today, the servers were under attack which caused them to have to hold off on everything

You can read more about it here.

https://mytrafficvalue.com/forum/brainstorm/pv_ptcshare_server_issue/1.html

We will be back to normal on Monday and all the ads will be made up

In my opinion the attack was orchestrated. It's the perfect excuse which was necessary to stockpile funds for the upcoming "huge ad issue" on the 31st. Going by the latest $500 average/weekday, that huge one I estimate is going to be around around $3k (the same amount they didn't issue this week, lol).

Yeah call me paranoid, I don't care.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #230 - 27th Dec, 2019 at 12:08pm

rotate4all.com wrote on 26th Dec, 2019 at 8:24pm:
In my opinion the attack was orchestrated. It's the perfect excuse which was necessary to stockpile funds for the upcoming "huge ad issue" on the 31st. Going by the latest $500 average/weekday, that huge one I estimate is going to be around around $3k (the same amount they didn't issue this week, lol).

Yeah call me paranoid, I don't care.

Well, an unproven theory is still just that, a theory.. but we'll know the answer soon enough.

Either way, based on their history of "transparency" compared to other site owners, I'd give them a break.

If they would like to stop ad issues to stockpile funds for the 31st ad issue they could have just said that "We're taking a break from ad issues, like a free vacation time and give you all of them summed up on the 31st"..

They could just do it like that and people would still love that time off without BAP penalties.. Smiley

They wouldn't really have to scare off people with attacks stories..

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #231 - 13th Jan, 2020 at 8:40pm

It looks like PTCShare could already use another "big ad issue" campaign.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #232 - 14th Jan, 2020 at 6:36am

dansbanners wrote on 13th Jan, 2020 at 8:40pm:
It looks like PTCShare could already use another "big ad issue" campaign.

It probably won't happen for a while. They will only pay based on earnings. If they don't make money, we don't make money

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #233 - 14th Jan, 2020 at 4:27pm

By the way, I've been doing what you suggested. That is just click on the tops ones, the BAPs and recycle the rest.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #234 - 14th Jan, 2020 at 5:43pm

dansbanners wrote on 14th Jan, 2020 at 4:27pm:
By the way, I've been doing what you suggested. That is just click on the tops ones, the BAPs and recycle the rest.

Cool! Have you tried the BAP market yet?

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #235 - 25th Jan, 2020 at 5:21am

So far I've signed up more than 170 referrals. But only have  $0.49518 ($0.21 purchases; $0.28518 ads) in referral commissions to show for it. Not exactly encouraging one to try to get more referrals. Am I missing something here as to why I'm not earning more from my referrals? Tongue

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #236 - 26th Jan, 2020 at 9:44am

dansbanners wrote on 25th Jan, 2020 at 5:21am:
So far I've signed up more than 170 referrals. But only have  $0.49518 ($0.21 purchases; $0.28518 ads) in referral commissions to show for it. Not exactly encouraging one to try to get more referrals. Am I missing something here as to why I'm not earning more from my referrals? Tongue

They don't pay much for referrals via commissions. The only way you can really make money from referrals in from the referral ad issue bonus. For every active referral you have, you get a share in the ad issue

Look under referral ad issue here:

https://www.ptcshare.com/member/ad_issue_details/2020-01-24

The more active referrals you have over the last 7 days, the more of a bonus you get. It was $2.40 for the top tier 5% Friday

So I'm doing enough to get the bonuses but not really focusing on spending more because more does not = profits when you count commissions

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #237 - 28th Jan, 2020 at 10:34pm

So they are closing the BAP market

https://www.ptcshare.com/member/latest-news

Smiley

They sure aren't projecting confidence and the idea they know what they are doing. They will scare off investment this way

David

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Reply #238 - 29th Jan, 2020 at 3:15pm

moneymarketing wrote on 28th Jan, 2020 at 10:34pm:
So they are closing the BAP market

https://www.ptcshare.com/member/latest-news

Smiley

They sure aren't projecting confidence and the idea they know what they are doing. They will scare off investment this way

It might be for the better though. If I understand correctly, they felt that buying BAPS was discouraging members from earning BAPS in other ways.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #239 - 29th Jan, 2020 at 7:39pm

dansbanners wrote on 29th Jan, 2020 at 3:15pm:
It might be for the better though. If I understand correctly, they felt that buying BAPS was discouraging members from earning BAPS in other ways.

If you look at the statistics page you will see that BAPs were going down. So whatever we were doing was working. I said this at the MTV forum:

Quote:
Your reasoning for closing the BAP market doesn't make sense. If it was doing a job to keep the BAP pool from growing, then it is going in the right direction. Short term, it may not be good but you will achieve balance at some point. As long as it is taking out more BAP than it is putting in, it is doing a long term benefit for the site.

If you pull it out now, then, in theory, the BAP pool will start to grow again.

another thing they refuse to look at is using company funds to buy back BAP from the market. I took all my funds and with one purchase from the BAP market, was able to buy 90000 BAP. I checked what I would get if I bought an ad. It was 46000. So I was able to double my money with that purchase.

My point is that, when they send an ad issue, every BAP has a value of .0005 BAPs (2000 BAP = $1). If they took 10% of the revenue, they could buy those BAPs for .00023 cents today. That means that they would save 50% on the cost of redeeming those BAPs which they have to do one way or the other. Why do you suppose they refuse to double the value of some of the earnings they get which will also help them reduce BAP faster? It's almost as if they want to muddy everything up

Bottom line: Every time you reduce BAP, if the sales volume stays the same, then the value of each BAP goes up. Why would they not want to do that?

The only other possibility is that they don't want people buying the lower-priced BAP and then cashing out the rest. Well, I know I was using a portion of my cashouts for advertising. I might not want to put all my money into buying ads at the site in the future and then using what is left over to advertise PTCS on other sites. Why should I? I think I deserve to earn some income too after all these years of getting nothing!  Angry

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 
Send Topic Print