Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Latest Rules Support  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) (Read 6769 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
14th Mar, 2020 at 1:38pm

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases Live Map

Things are getting a bit out of control here..

Stores, schools, public gathering places are all closed..
Lines in super markets are piling up, shelves are being raided..
People are currently stocking up on everything they can.

Anti-bacterial cleaning fluids and wipes, protection masks and gloves are going extinct..

It all feels like a movie or something.. Smiley

I wonder how things are affected in your areas lately..?

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Re: Regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Reply #1 - 14th Mar, 2020 at 6:48pm

SolidSnake wrote on 14th Mar, 2020 at 1:38pm:
Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases Live Map

Things are getting a bit out of control here..

Stores, schools, public gathering places are all closed..
Lines in super markets are piling up, shelves are being raided..
People are currently stocking up on everything they can.

Anti-bacterial cleaning fluids and wipes, protection masks and gloves are going extinct..

It all feels like a movie or something.. Smiley

I wonder how things are affected in your areas lately..?

We feel your pain from a distance.

The bomb hasn't exploded for us and because we have already started to minimize things we may keep it quite tame. Most sports leagues and events are on hold or canceled

Our schools are going into spring break early and the government is telling people to stay home and not to travel. The biggest joke around here is that, for some reason, there is a run on toilet paper. Not food, not produce, not vitamin C but only toilet paper. So the madness of crowds, egged on by the wolves in the media, is having a strange effect

Personally, I've always kept a supply of food and every other thing I use on hand for just such a shock. I didn't have many canned goods but my last two trips to the store covered that. So every time I go know I only need to buy maybe one or two extra things at a time to add to the stockpile. This is where being single has a huge benefit. You live light on your feet and no army to feed in times of crisis

I think I'd be more concerned about the mob Turkey has unleashed at your borders. Are you going to be conscripted for war?  Lips Sealed

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #2 - 14th Mar, 2020 at 8:06pm

moneymarketing wrote on 14th Mar, 2020 at 6:48pm:
We feel your pain from a distance.

The bomb hasn't exploded for us and because we have already started to minimize things we may keep it quite tame. Most sports leagues and events are on hold or canceled

Our schools are going into spring break early and the government is telling people to stay home and not to travel. The biggest joke around here is that, for some reason, there is a run on toilet paper. Not food, not produce, not vitamin C but only toilet paper. So the madness of crowds, egged on by the wolves in the media, is having a strange effect

Personally, I've always kept a supply of food and every other thing I use on hand for just such a shock. I didn't have many canned goods but my last two trips to the store covered that. So every time I go know I only need to buy maybe one or two extra things at a time to add to the stockpile. This is where being single has a huge benefit. You live light on your feet and no army to feed in times of crisis

I think I'd be more concerned about the mob Turkey has unleashed at your borders. Are you going to be conscripted for war?  Lips Sealed
As for toilet paper yes... it's also something people stock up on.. but the anti-bacterial stuff is the top seller..

Crowds tend to go like the sea.. they act in waves so if one sees another one to running at some direction they tend to also run that way too.. It's good that you are well prepared, it saves a lot of trouble and useless panic.

Now in the borders section, it's not the No.1 concern for people here, so we don't get to think much of that. The police, army and EU forces have been fortifying the barriers with more cement and more guards but war is not even in talks.

Poor people are almost stuck in between... however I think the problems within the borders are kind of bigger right now, we're getting to a point where they should start considering themselves lucky to be on the outside..  Dont know

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #3 - 14th Mar, 2020 at 8:19pm

SolidSnake wrote on 14th Mar, 2020 at 8:06pm:
As for toilet paper yes... it's also something people stock up on.. but the anti-bacterial stuff is the top seller..

Crowds tend to go like the sea.. they act in waves so if one sees another one to running at some direction they tend to also run that way too.. It's good that you are well prepared, it saves a lot of trouble and useless panic.

Now in the borders section, it's not the No.1 concern for people here, so we don't get to think much of that. The police, army and EU forces have been fortifying the barriers with more cement and more guards but war is not even in talks.

Poor people are almost stuck in between... however I think the problems within the borders are kind of bigger right now, we're getting to a point where they should start considering themselves lucky to be on the outside..  Dont know

You know things are getting bad when migrants start tearing down the fences to get out  Smiley

David

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #4 - 19th Mar, 2020 at 5:32am

Wow!

It's amazing to watch your world change in a matter of weeks. That's how long it takes to descend into a dystopian nightmare

I've long said in my moments of gratitude that this could all go away but I never imagined it could all happen so fast. Let's hope we can all quickly get back off the canvas once we hit bottom

We all need to hang together or the power hungry wolves will eat us alive

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

PTCMan! The doodle superhero
of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #5 - 19th Mar, 2020 at 3:24pm

Here emergency situation has been declared. For the past week there have already been many restrictions. All events that would gather people together were cancelled, most restaurants are closed, all kinds of supermarkets have limits of number of people inside. Malls have almost everything closed. Many companies have shifted into work at home mode.

Borders with Spain were closed except for goods transportation. There's one city which has been sealed off due community infection.

I tell ya, it's all a marketing ploy for the release of Resident Evil 3 Remake  Cheesy

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #6 - 19th Mar, 2020 at 4:58pm

Same stuff here.. everything's closed (except food related stores and drugstores). And only take-away or delivery options are available for food related stores. No table dining is allowed.

We are not (-yet-) under strict home restriction, but police is checking out wide public spaces and shouts up at any gathering they find at their patrol.

There are limits to queues everywhere, based on the store space, 1 person per 10 m^2 is only allowed to get in.
Small stores can only have 1 person come in at a time.

Of course cinemas, theatres, sport centers, gyms and such places are all shut off. Thankfully I have my own projector + 7.1 surround home cinema, so I'm among the lucky ones to still enjoy that..    Smiley

Quote:
We all need to hang together...
It's exactly what we should not do right now...  Grin ..unless you mean in a mental kind of way.. lol

On the other hand, it's like another honeymoon for me an my wife, we end up spending tons more time together now without having to worry about work.. Tongue

Focusing at the positives, I've always wanted to work at home.. so I'm.. well.. living the dream..  Smiley

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #7 - 19th Mar, 2020 at 6:36pm

Well, I'm not working, so it's not like a can turtle forever. My scooter gig got suspended due to this crisis and online earning are not what they used to be in the Neobux era...

Oh, well. At least my mother takes care of the food expensses.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #8 - 23rd Mar, 2020 at 2:02am

Well.. we got under strict in-home policy now.. Smiley

To go shopping we need a permit of some sort..

At least we've got most of what we need stocked up.. so there are very few things that require a trip to the super market.

Other than that.. we're still figuring out new ways to keep ourselves busy while at home..

Plenty of time to do that thing you've always wanted to but there was never time to...

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #9 - 23rd Mar, 2020 at 7:41am

SolidSnake wrote on 23rd Mar, 2020 at 2:02am:
Well.. we got under strict in-home policy now.. Smiley

To go shopping we need a permit of some sort..

At least we've got most of what we need stocked up.. so there are very few things that require a trip to the super market.

Other than that.. we're still figuring out new ways to keep ourselves busy while at home..

Plenty of time to do that thing you've always wanted to but there was never time to...

Oh yeah, sleep and clean  Wink Smiley

Is their a timeline for how long you are locked down?

also, how do you get a permit if you can't go out? Is that one of those government catch 22s?

David

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #10 - 23rd Mar, 2020 at 12:12pm

moneymarketing wrote on 23rd Mar, 2020 at 7:41am:
Oh yeah, sleep and clean  Wink Smiley

Is their a timeline for how long you are locked down?

also, how do you get a permit if you can't go out? Is that one of those government catch 22s?
It's until 6th of April.. but no promises that it won't go on.

As for the permit, I read about it more thoroughly and it's not exactly a permit..
More like a statement that you're going out for a specific reason at a specific time.

The "reason" has to fall within 6 options:

1. Pharmacy store or visit to doctor
2. Super market or food related shopping when home delivery is not an option.
3. Bank service that is not available online (etc. withdraw cash)
4. Offer suppport to people that cannot support themselves (elders/disabled/ill etc).
5. Ceremony (wedding, funeral, or children moving between divorced parents etc.)
6. Physical training outside or taking care of dog needs etc.

We make the statement by sending a free SMS with the following data to a government 5-digit number:
REASON NAME SURNAME ADDRESS

Then we receive a reply to that sms and we show that along with our ID to police checks.

Now that's an easy system to make abuse of but well.. it's better than nothing.
I'm sure police officers will ask a couple of more questions when they stop someone for a check.

Also people that still have to go to work (like super market employees etc) need to sign a special statement with their boss that includes information regarding their work place and hours and they also need to carry that with them at all times.

The fee for failing to comply is 150€ per case.

Now greeks are not well known for their obedience skills, but hopefully people will comply and the restriction will be lifted after April 6th. Otherwise it could go on further down the road with more complications..

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #11 - 23rd Mar, 2020 at 6:07pm

SolidSnake wrote on 23rd Mar, 2020 at 12:12pm:
It's until 6th of April.. but no promises that it won't go on.

As for the permit, I read about it more thoroughly and it's not exactly a permit..
More like a statement that you're going out for a specific reason at a specific time.

The "reason" has to fall within 6 options:

1. Pharmacy store or visit to doctor
2. Super market or food related shopping when home delivery is not an option.
3. Bank service that is not available online (etc. withdraw cash)
4. Offer suppport to people that cannot support themselves (elders/disabled/ill etc).
5. Ceremony (wedding, funeral, or children moving between divorced parents etc.)
6. Physical training outside or taking care of dog needs etc.

We make the statement by sending a free SMS with the following data to a government 5-digit number:
REASON NAME SURNAME ADDRESS

Then we receive a reply to that sms and we show that along with our ID to police checks.

Now that's an easy system to make abuse of but well.. it's better than nothing.
I'm sure police officers will ask a couple of more questions when they stop someone for a check.

Also people that still have to go to work (like super market employees etc) need to sign a special statement with their boss that includes information regarding their work place and hours and they also need to carry that with them at all times.

The fee for failing to comply is 150€ per case.

Now greeks are not well known for their obedience skills, but hopefully people will comply and the restriction will be lifted after April 6th. Otherwise it could go on further down the road with more complications..

Huh

All for our own good, of course

Undecided

It's almost like they are conditioning us for something

so they have to be paying someone to read all those texts. Then they need to decide and answer back.

Tens of thousands every day?  Shocked

David

IP Logged

ruicarlov
VIP Member

of the PTC world!

Portugal
Reply #12 - 23rd Mar, 2020 at 10:44pm

Fortunately here people have been more or less well-behaved, at least when compared with other southern countries, so the government has decided not to push those kinds of measures.
At the very least nobody was caught catching pokemon outside.  Roll Eyes

But in Greece you have much less cases than in Portugal even though on March 4th there were similar amounts of active cases, so your evolution of cases is to be praised when compared to us.

As for me.... well, not a good time to go buy a ps4, but I'm downloading Resident Evil 6 for the PS3 which I never got around to play.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #13 - 24th Mar, 2020 at 2:24am

moneymarketing wrote on 23rd Mar, 2020 at 6:07pm:
Huh

All for our own good, of course

Undecided

It's almost like they are conditioning us for something

so they have to be paying someone to read all those texts. Then they need to decide and answer back.

Tens of thousands every day?  Shocked

Oh no.. the system is automated..  Grin

Imagine a poor guy having to reply to all these texts.. lol

That's why I say it's more like a statement like "I'm going out.." than a request for a permit like a "Can I go out?".

I guess the purpose is to forbid all other cases people go out for (except for these six).. like go watch the stars or go sight-seeing.. etc.

IP Logged

moneymarketing
Sub Moderator

Vancouver, Canada
Reply #14 - 24th Mar, 2020 at 3:48pm

SolidSnake wrote on 24th Mar, 2020 at 2:24am:
Oh no.. the system is automated..  Grin

Imagine a poor guy having to reply to all these texts.. lol

That's why I say it's more like a statement like "I'm going out.." than a request for a permit like a "Can I go out?".

I guess the purpose is to forbid all other cases people go out for (except for these six).. like go watch the stars or go sight-seeing.. etc.

Automated? OK, that won't be too bad from a manpower perspective then. And I see how you mean that can be abused

Soon we will have to ask the computer for permission to go out. Just wait until AI takes over  Cheesy

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print