PTCBox.Me Support (Read 3380 times)
SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

I'm impossible to forget,
but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
PTCBox.Me Support
22nd Sep, 2020 at 12:52am

It's been a while since I've posted here with something new.
As we all know time flies, but I've never let go of the idea of re-expanding the ptcbox.me network and services.

It's my offline life always getting in the way, but ever since I quit my offline job (February 2020) and started working from home, I resumed developing my custom framework on which I would base a new version of the site and advertising space I used to host on ptcbox.me.

The best part of this development is that I actually have used it on 3 of my clients so far and kept on improving it through each iteration.

Eventually I will bring back my advertising services, however this time I will also focus on free users as well in order to keep some steady traffic around.

I will also add some site development, templates, plugins and hosting options, as that it is my main line of work.

So, for now I will simply announce that today, I finally got to set up a simple yet nice support ticketing system based on a well supported open source platform and added a link to it on the forum menu (as you may have noticed already).

It will help us as we go in the future. Smiley

IP Logged

dansbanners
VIP Member

I love being here!

Re: PTCBox.Me Support
Reply #1 - 22nd Sep, 2020 at 3:32am

SolidSnake wrote on 22nd Sep, 2020 at 12:52am:
I finally got to set up a simple yet nice support ticketing system based on a well supported open source platform and added a link to it on the forum menu (as you may have noticed already).

It was nice of you. Thanks.

Maybe you ought to do some work for Downline Farms? All its PO does for support is just listing his e-mail address.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #2 - 23rd Sep, 2020 at 12:19pm

Small update: too bad the original template was not responsive, so ever since my last post I've worked on it and finally completed the client's side responsiveness.

It should now display, scale and function properly in all mobile devices down to a minimum width of 350 pixels.
Should any problems arise, I will fix them as they show up. Smiley

dansbanners wrote on 22nd Sep, 2020 at 3:32am:
It was nice of you. Thanks.
My pleasure and as always.. the best is yet to come! Wink

Quote:
Maybe you ought to do some work for Downline Farms? All its PO does for support is just listing his e-mail address.
I'm not sure he's wiling to handle a support center, maybe that's why he's only using emails.. I could definitely help up in many aspects of his site, but I'm not sure he would be up for it.

Maybe for now it's best for me to focus on my site, then get in touch with him afterwards. Maybe that way we could get a deal. Smiley

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #3 - 23rd Sep, 2020 at 7:46pm

Quotes are unreadably small on mobile devices. You should look into that as well.
Keep up the good work!

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #4 - 23rd Sep, 2020 at 10:14pm

rotate4all.com wrote on 23rd Sep, 2020 at 7:46pm:
Quotes are unreadably small on mobile devices. You should look into that as well.
Keep up the good work!

You mean here in the forum or in the support page? Please post a screenshot if possible and I'll look into it.  Smiley

It's a pitty YaBB is also not responsive and it would take a ton of work to fully polish it..

IP Logged

rotate4all.com

With great power comes
great responsibility.

Reply #5 - 24th Sep, 2020 at 12:48pm

Yes, I meant here in the Forum.

IP Logged

SolidSnake
Forum Administrator

but I'm hard to remember

Center of the Universe
Reply #6 - 25th Sep, 2020 at 12:53am

rotate4all.com wrote on 24th Sep, 2020 at 12:48pm:
Yes, I meant here in the Forum.

Since the forum is all ugly (programmatically speaking) tables, you can still use zoom when in mobile, so you can enlarge anything using 2 finger zoom or double tap (as long as you don't hit any link. Grin ).

I know it's very 2000s but at least it works..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print